Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DOES THE G-BOX MX2 SUPPORT BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I purchased the G-Box MX2 over a month ago and I'm very happy with this item (except the remote provided). I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard without any issues but I would like to add my Bluetooth headphones. I tried to link my Bluetooth headphones with and without the Bluetooth USB Adapter but no success. When I go into settings on the G-Box and slide the option to "on"...nothing happen. The system does not search for Bluetooth Devices. I did notice the "Bluetooth USB Adapter" light up blue..so, it is power on...using the G-Box MX2 USB power source. The USB Adapter is 4.0 and has a backward 3.0, 2.0 and 1.0. I purchased another Bluetooth Headphone (latest technology) with 4.0 but no success (I wanted a second Bluetooth Headphone anyway, so no money lost.) I think it strange that my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse work on the G-Box but not my two Bluetooth Headphones.

I would like to use a Bluetooth Headphones to watch tv/movies shows at night...without waking up my wife Smile
(2014-04-02, 19:10)QUICKRYDE Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to use a Bluetooth Headphones to watch tv/movies shows at night...without waking up my wife Smile
That's kind of you, but that is unrelated to XBMC. You'd better ask the manufacturer support...
(2014-04-02, 19:30)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-02, 19:10)QUICKRYDE Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to use a Bluetooth Headphones to watch tv/movies shows at night...without waking up my wife Smile
That's kind of you, but that is unrelated to XBMC. You'd better ask the manufacturer support...

Well, thanks for the reply. First, before I hit the company with that question...I wanted to know from the other "G-Box MX2" Owners, did they get there Bluetooth Headphones to work on this device. I notice the other "G-Box MX2" owners asking questions on this site and received solutions...I decided to give it a try.
You might need to work for a specific firmware update that has bluetooth support. I don't have an MX2, but I was able to use bluetooth audio on a couple of Android devices using XBMC.
(2014-04-02, 19:36)QUICKRYDE Wrote: [ -> ]Well, thanks for the reply. First, before I hit the company with that question...I wanted to know from the other "G-Box MX2" Owners, did they get there Bluetooth Headphones to work on this device. I notice the other "G-Box MX2" owners asking questions on this site and received solutions...I decided to give it a try.

Or you should ask on their forum where other MX2 users can answer your question.

There's a forum for that: http://matricom.net/forums/