Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Refresh Rate Confirmation Prompt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I'm using Gotham Beta 3 on Windows with match refresh rate to video enabled.

Is there a way to disable these confirmation prompts every time the refresh rate changes?

My TV doesn't display the refresh rate, so I'm always guessing Yes/No... super annoying and counterproductive.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Owen
Is this a known issue or a change to XBMC?
I only see this if I press \ whilst watching content (which changes XBMC from fullscreen to a window). I have to select no three times to get back to the original refresh rate - just assumed it was part of the way XBMC works.
I've never seen a prompt when auto changing refresh rates, can you post a screenshot?
I've also never seen it when auto-changing. Maybe a debug-log (wiki) would be helpful.
This problem occurs when pressing \ to switch back and forth between full screen and non full screen, during video playback.

In the log file below, I played a video and then hit \ a few times to create the problem over and over.

Log File:
http://pastebin.com/A2mkf2FM

Confirmation prompt I would like to get rid of
Why on earth would you do that in the middle of a movie?
Plenty of reasons. Any solutions?
Isn't the prompt for changing resolution and not refresh rate? No suggestions though as i don't use Windows and this does not happen on OSX.
(2014-04-05, 11:53)SpaceMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the prompt for changing resolution and not refresh rate? No suggestions though as i don't use Windows and this does not happen on OSX.

XBMC considers a resolution to be width, height, and refresh rate.
Doesnt happen in Linux either so Im glad I dont use Windows + xbmc for anything other than rough testing, though I notice this is some non default skin, so you wanna try Confluence and confirm.

However https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3e56...932a8f128f went in which I think fixes this, I think this will be available on nighly beta3 builds or the next in line which is RC1 or to those who compile is available now also on master
Happens with all skins on all versions of Windows and all version of XBMC since Dharma.

The only ways to stop it are to:

1) Don't have the refresh rate match the source.

2) Don't pause and press \ or move out of XBMC

3) Press X and hope XBMC remembers the position and then press \

I don't think this is a feature that's ever going to change as it seems annoying, let logical. The user changes the display set-up mid-watching and XBMC wants to know if the new settings would like to be used.

The only way I can think of to get around it would be another settings in the Video Playback area to 'Ignore confirmation of changes' or something similar.... but I don't see that as being a priority as it's a minor annoyance rather than a major issue.
Refresh and look at my last post. Its fixed already. Smile
It is NOT fixed. Why do you post those statements if you can't verify yourself?
Im merely going by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3e56...932a8f128f but clearly misinterpreted.
Pages: 1 2