Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [bug] GlobalSearch Script not working with ios remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the confluence mod for gotham, overwriting the global search folder in roaming, and the script functioned great in aeon nox gotham. The. For some reason after reboot it just hangs at searching movies.
(2014-04-04, 22:43)Agent62 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the confluence mod for gotham, overwriting the global search folder in roaming, and the script functioned great in aeon nox gotham. The. For some reason after reboot it just hangs at searching movies.

please provide a Debug Log and i'll have a look.
(2014-04-05, 00:48)Agent62 Wrote: [ -> ]Here ya go, and thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=166190

thanx! what do you use to control xbmc?
is it some remote app perhaps?
i have the feeling that's what's causing the issue.

could you test if you have the same problem if you use a keyboard?
Yes, keyboard works when i used it. I use xbmc remote ipad, iphone, and yahtsee remote on android.

Is there anything i can do on the remote side to be able to use it?

It looks like yatse on the droid works fine. Its the stock ios xbmc remotes that dont.

Thanks
(2014-04-05, 01:20)Agent62 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, keyboard works when i used it. I use xbmc remote ipad, iphone, and yahtsee remote on android.

Is there anything i can do on the remote side to be able to use it?

i'll move that question over to the ios remote subforum.

the remote app seems to be adding a carriage return to the search term,
which causes xbmc to fail to parse the json request the addon makes.

Quote:15:45:40 T:1772 ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["title", "streamdetails", "genre", "studio", "year", "tagline", "plot", "plotoutline", "runtime", "fanart", "thumbnail", "file", "trailer", "playcount", "rating", "mpaa", "director", "writer"], "sort": { "method": "label" }, "filter": {"field":"title","operator":"contains","value":"arthur
"} }, "id": 1}'
You are right about the carriage return, it is already fixed with this commit https://github.com/joethefox/Unofficial-...3a17228e05 . Next app version will have this fix included.
Thanks guys, any idea when we can expect the new release?