Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-10, 21:12)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]In skin settings Homescreen i'm unable to select Use a slideshow of your fanart.
You're either missing the Fanart Grabber add-on or you have the shelf enabled.

Quote:And maybe found a bug from this same skin menu.
When I disable Show now playing item in main screen (i guess it's a menu item) it still shows it in main menu.
No, this refers to the now playing fanart /info on the home screen.

Quote:1 request. Is it possible to change the colors used for genre in LiveTV EPG, they are to bright imo, almost hurt my eyes Wink
You can adjust the textures in the /pvr/genres folder
Fanart grabber I have so it must be shelf option then.
What is shelf option anyway?
RE: Added ability to set custom items for movies and tv shows (folders, playlists and add-ons).

Just did a git pull and found the custom add-on slots.

Jeroen, thanks very much for adding this, it's glorious!
Two bugs on my setup with the new custom menus.

1. Clear button doesn't do anything (can't clear custom menu). Tested on TV.
2. If you select one of the custom menu items, new artwork will not pop up. If you go back into browse in the same section, the artwork starts to pop in, and going back to the custom menu item will show that artwork, but nothing that wasn't already cached when entering through browse. I hope this makes sense... it's a bit strange to explain.
(2014-04-11, 05:31)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Two bugs on my setup with the new custom menus.

1. Clear button doesn't do anything (can't clear custom menu). Tested on TV.

Thanks, it's clearing the wrong labels I see.

Quote:2. If you select one of the custom menu items, new artwork will not pop up. If you go back into browse in the same section, the artwork starts to pop in, and going back to the custom menu item will show that artwork, but nothing that wasn't already cached when entering through browse. I hope this makes sense... it's a bit strange to explain.

Sorry, but I don't have any idea what you mean. What artwork? I need clear steps to try to reproduce.
New bug: when playing a song, there a cd case (I guess) with visualization.
How do the Watched/Unwatched and In-Progress indicators look like?
I have enabled them in skin settings but don't see them anywhere.
Fixed 3 days ago, please update

edit: and remove the skin.refocus folder from xbmc/addons/packages if that doesn't fix it.
Ok will try. Pulled latest version yesterday so it must be fixed, didn't delete folder from packages dir though but i doubt any data will be there since i update manual and not using zip install.

Something else.
I installed reFocus on my RPi and it seems to work but something that doesn't go away is that mostly you'll see confluence backdrops when entering settings and loading some screen takes ages, first screen goes black and after 30 seconds or less you'll have the desired screen.
I didn't see this behaviour when i ran Aeon MQ5 which is probably more heavy.
(2014-04-11, 09:31)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok will try. Pulled latest version yesterday so it must be fixed, didn't delete folder from packages dir though but i doubt any data will be there since i update manual and not using zip install.
Then I'm at loss really. I have three devices, running three different platforms, and all show the indicators.

Quote:I installed reFocus on my RPi and it seems to work but something that doesn't go away is that mostly you'll see confluence backdrops when entering settings and loading some screen takes ages, first screen goes black and after 30 seconds or less you'll have the desired screen.
I didn't see this behaviour when i ran Aeon MQ5 which is probably more heavy.

Can't say I'm having the same experience on my Pi.

Sometimes the settings backdrop tends to kick in a little earlier then the overlay. I'll see if there's something I can optimize on that, but in the end that's one of the things that just needs to be loaded first . It's probably because I don't do any fading animation on the backdrop. Reason for this is because on fast systems you would see the backdrop appearing later than the rest of the screen. It's very tricky to get that timing just right otherwise.

Anyway, other than that all screens load up in 1-3 seconds tops for me, I'm definitely not seeing anything even remotely close to 30 second loading times.
(2014-04-11, 08:30)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed 3 days ago, please update

edit: and remove the skin.refocus folder from xbmc/addons/packages if that doesn't fix it.

Redownloaded git and installed it. And checked if Watched/Unwatched and Running icons were there.
And what i noticed is that I saw a few green very small triangles (Unwatched) and for series some orange (In progress) in episode fanart and some green for series banner.
But only when i enabled that function in skin settings.
When I disable those and go back to overview I don't see a Watched indicator!
When browsing media folder Watched should be White but you don't see it in library.

/edit:
Also ran a scan on code to find OverlayWatched being mentioned in files but it gave me 0 hits
(2014-04-06, 10:14)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]What will not be added
  • Watched flags

(2014-04-07, 18:49)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]As stated in the OP and the FAQ, there are no watched indicators. An item is flagged when it's unwatched. So if it's not marked it's watched, it's obvious to me. I think watched indicators are pointless.

(2010-08-03, 20:36)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I only see unwatched status indicators. Is there an option to display watched status indicators as well?
No, there isn't and there never will be.

If you want them bigger / different look for the include "overlay_Watch" in Includes.xml
Ok, still find it a strange to state that Watched indicators are pointless but it's not my skin.

Most skins support watched flags (standard Confluence) so when you come from skins that do use Watched indicators it's confusing to not have them anymore!
Also since Unwatched and In Progress are disabled by default it's even more confusing.

/edit
Kinda strange to see a OverlayWatched.png in media files when skinner find it useless.
Skin is still cool though Wink
2 bugs found:

In file mode i cant switch to thumbnail view, stays in list

In options menu i sometimes cant scroll down, up works, so when i want to select the second item i must press up till im there
@Jeroen
Is it possible to have the channel list larger, from top to bottom?
Now it shows 4 channels. If it makes more use of the space it could show 6 channels at once.
When you have a lot of channels the scrolling would be faster.