Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-13, 19:29)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've tried everything, I have done several times, the update, uninstall, install, and I can never put the trailer option in the home. Can you explain me how to integrate this option?

You add it just like any other add-on.

1. Go to skin settings->homescreen->customize home menu
2. I assume you want it to appear under "movies" so go to that item
3. Scroll down till you get "Custom item 1" click that or any other custom item you want it in
4. The window "select custom item" will open
5. Choose "select an add-on"
6. All the video add-ons you have installed will be listed.
7. Choose the one you want (so youtube for example)
8. Select "Ok" twice

the add-on you chose will now be in your home menu

Quote:when I fill my ways for films, it is necessary to activate'' youtube trailer with moviedatabase?
No, that is only for the trailer button in the movie information dialog, not the home menu.
(2014-04-13, 14:59)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-13, 06:28)BigDaddyRal Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an easy way to make the main menu, when displaying fanart, use a logo in the lower right corner instead of the text name?

I really like your idea, but at the moment I can't think of a way to do this unfortunately. The data for the fanart slideshow is provided by an add-on, and I would need some way to connect the properties it provides to the logos. And as the logos are provided by another add-on I imagine that to be tricky at best. But I'll see if I can think of something. Cheers.

Do you need anything to map these on my end (for the fanart grabber)? Is there a code or specific property (like the weather codes) that would help you identify them?

Also, I believe I've found a small bug in the menu system. When you click "live tv" the first submenu item does not get highlighted like it does with the other menus. I only have EPG and Recordings enabled so maybe this is why? Still you have to click to regain focus, and then click again to get to the next menu option.

Last, a small suggestion. For the weather icon next to the clock, could you use the Current.FanartCode instead of the Day0.FanartCode property? The current status seems more applicable next to the clock than the forecast. I've been decieved a few times thinking it is raining when actually it isn't as the forecast was for rain but in reality it was only cloudy. If not no big deal (I've already changed this for myself!).

Thanks again for all your hard work on this. You have a real eye for the design and the way menus should flow.
Bug 1:
I too have noticed the 'can scroll up, but not down' issue. If I'm in movies or TV Shows and bring up the left menu and then want to scroll down to change the view type I can't, I have to scroll up, off the top and back around.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen when I first installed the skin, only since I installed a new git update over it. So either the newer version has the bug, or installing over the old one has caused it.

I might uninstall refocus and install from scratch.

Bug 2:
When playing music, if you go to pictures and try to look at some while it's playing, the 'now playing' info part is up, and stays up forever... should only come up briefly when the track changes like it used to yeah?
can thumbnail view,small and large be added as a view, This skin would work well with metro icons.
Thx Joroen Smile Sorry ! it s good ! Smile
I've just updated with your latest changes and I think I've found a bug with the unwatched overlay (sorry again!) and then another thing which is a bit more - personal choice.

Firstly the bug - I see you removed /media/OverlayUnwatched.png - but this seems to be the file that the system is looking for, so it is no longer displayer. If I move the file from /media/overlays/OverlayUnwathced.png to the /media folder it works again.

Secondly, the change to library.data.provider handling watchlist creation. To get similar functionality as the old Watchlist behaviour, you must set the view sort to 'Last Played - Descending' and 'Hide Watched' episodes. However, this view setting is global for the library - so if I then go to 'Browse' my entire library, I have to change the sort settings to get the normal Alphabetical order with watched episodes showing. As well as this, if a series has multiple seasons that haven't been watched there is an additional menu to browse through (series selection -> season selection -> episode), as opposed to the old list where you were just presented with the next episode to watch. This seems to me to be what the Watchlist should achieve.
(2014-04-12, 11:42)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 17:20)moontan77 Wrote: [ -> ]What prompts the shelf to update? I'm using it to show latest episodes and movies and have pc on 24/7 (as its a pvr server aswell). Even though i see todays new episodes when i go into tv shows>new episodes, the shelf is still showing the yesterdays newest episodes.

thanks

It uses XBMC's content targets, which should read directly from the db. Did you activate one of the builtin functions or a playlist?

I tried this on my pc, going into another menu like a playlist etc, does not seem to make the shelf update. It eventually updates but is slow unfortunately. Is there any setting that can be changed in the fanart grabber to force it to update every X seconds? Just thinking from the point of you of family users who will be used to look at shelf now for new episodes but if the shelf doesnt update automatically then they would think their was no new episodes.
(2014-04-13, 23:24)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need anything to map these on my end (for the fanart grabber)? Is there a code or specific property (like the weather codes) that would help you identify them?
Well, at first I was thinking about doing something with $INFO[ListItem.DBID] but then I would still need a way to "link" that ID to the logos. And I just don't know enough about how Artwork Downloader (which provides the logos) works regarding storing the logos.

Quote:Also, I believe I've found a small bug in the menu system. When you click "live tv" the first submenu item does not get highlighted like it does with the other menus. I only have EPG and Recordings enabled so maybe this is why? Still you have to click to regain focus, and then click again to get to the next menu option.
Yes, for some reason the selection doesn't move up to the next item if the previous one is not enabled. As the method used here is exactly the same as with the other menu items and their sub-menu items, I haven't got a clue at the moment why that is. Need some time to look further into this. Cheers

Quote:Last, a small suggestion. For the weather icon next to the clock, could you use the Current.FanartCode instead of the Day0.FanartCode property? The current status seems more applicable next to the clock than the forecast. I've been decieved a few times thinking it is raining when actually it isn't as the forecast was for rain but in reality it was only cloudy. If not no big deal (I've already changed this for myself!).
Yeah that makes sense, changed on Git.

(2014-04-13, 23:39)spoco2 Wrote: [ -> ]Bug 1:
I too have noticed the 'can scroll up, but not down' issue. If I'm in movies or TV Shows and bring up the left menu and then want to scroll down to change the view type I can't, I have to scroll up, off the top and back around.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen when I first installed the skin, only since I installed a new git update over it. So either the newer version has the bug, or installing over the old one has caused it.

I might uninstall refocus and install from scratch.
Thanks, let me know. If you encounter it again, I would like to know whether or not one of the items in the options menu is disabled / greyed out (so for example in certain nodes, playlists or add-ons the sort direction can be unavailable). In that case the options menu should ignore the disabled button and skip over it. I have been randomly skipping through the options menu in various views and nodes, but I just haven't come across the problem.

Quote:Bug 2:
When playing music, if you go to pictures and try to look at some while it's playing, the 'now playing' info part is up, and stays up forever... should only come up briefly when the track changes like it used to yeah?
I actually had to install the old reFocus to see how it was there Wink And the track info doesn't even show at all there when browsing pictures.

I don't think the default behaviour is to hide after a couple of seconds though, not in confluence at least. I guess it could be done, but then I would have to start messing around with timers and such. It does auto-hide when in the visualisation/now playing screen. I pushed a change that corrects it to that.

What I found is that if you press "info" to either show or hide the now playing info, that setting will be remembered next time you enter. In any case you should always be able to hide it.

(2014-04-13, 23:40)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]can thumbnail view,small and large be added as a view, This skin would work well with metro icons.
Add thumbnail view as a view? I don't know what you mean by that.

(2014-04-14, 01:28)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]I've just updated with your latest changes and I think I've found a bug with the unwatched overlay (sorry again!) and then another thing which is a bit more - personal choice.

Firstly the bug - I see you removed /media/OverlayUnwatched.png - but this seems to be the file that the system is looking for, so it is no longer displayer. If I move the file from /media/overlays/OverlayUnwathced.png to the /media folder it works again.
Damn. I had copies of those textures in another folder. I only meant to remove those. Sorry about that, I have reverted that commit so it should be fixed on Git.

Quote:Secondly, the change to library.data.provider handling watchlist creation. To get similar functionality as the old Watchlist behaviour, you must set the view sort to 'Last Played - Descending' and 'Hide Watched' episodes. However, this view setting is global for the library - so if I then go to 'Browse' my entire library, I have to change the sort settings to get the normal Alphabetical order with watched episodes showing. As well as this, if a series has multiple seasons that haven't been watched there is an additional menu to browse through (series selection -> season selection -> episode), as opposed to the old list where you were just presented with the next episode to watch. This seems to me to be what the Watchlist should achieve.
Hmm, hadn't thought about that. Good point, let me think about that.
I've been looking into the artwork downloader. I think if I provide a path to the media location you can reference the different fanart components that the artwork downloader pulls in. Looked through their documentation:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...er#General

A small bug, I think we just improve the visual of this beautiful refocus. If you look at the top left, the letters of the alphabet, for research, they affect the info "Movies (movie) title. Therefore I think it would be a single shift to the right a little. How I could do? if you do not change you?

thx
And another little problem, you can to do change sure . I do not know if there that me with this concern. The Posters of movies 1400 1000x dimension, they are cut. I think Refocus does not fit (I thinkWink) mode Post. There is a solution for this in xml?
(2014-04-10, 01:25)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 00:49)spoco2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 17:00)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I've been in contact with Unfledged, one of the contributors of this add-on. He quickly provided a change in the add-on which I'm testing. When that change is applied, it should take care of your problem.

Awesome! Great to know. Big Grin

My fix has now been merged with the main branch @ https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...a.provider If you have any more problems with the plugin, feel free to create an issue on GitHub and BigNoid, myself or A.N.Oher who keep track of this add-on will look into it.

It would seem I must be the only one having this issue, as no-one else is reporting it.

But I've uninstalled refocus and the data provider, downloaded the latest versions of both from git and reinstalled them, and I'm still having the data provider turning up in both music and video plugins.

Sad

removed151214

You're installing via "Install from zip", right? The version number of the script has never been bumped, so I'd guess XBMC is re-installing it's cached version. Delete the zip file from the addons/packages folder in your userdata folder and try again.
(2014-04-15, 02:49)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]You're installing via "Install from zip", right? The version number of the script has never been bumped, so I'd guess XBMC is re-installing it's cached version. Delete the zip file from the addons/packages folder in your userdata folder and try again.

I just did that and it's not changed anything.

Doesn't matter. I'll let everything move on a few versions and see what happens, I know I'm playing with latest stuff here Smile
(2014-04-15, 03:08)spoco2 Wrote: [ -> ]I just did that and it's not changed anything.

Doesn't matter. I'll let everything move on a few versions and see what happens, I know I'm playing with latest stuff here Smile

Hey,

See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1678591

(2014-04-10, 19:38)fatal. Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, I guess this issue is there active then in Gotham? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1639400

(2014-02-28, 01:05)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]There's an issue in gotham that if the filename of the zip is the same it takes the old version from the packages folder in addons.
So either change filename each time and then install or clear the packages folder

I delete all files from the Packages folder and was able to finally try to install the latest version from Git, but now I get the following error in logs and he skin is not installed:

13:35:29 T:139636988110592 ERROR: Could not read addon description of skin.refocus-master

Edit: Clearing the Packages folder and also renaming the zip file finally let me install the updated skin it without error...weird :/

Take Care