Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, Fixed now. I actually deleted it from the wrong folder.

Deleting it from addons/packages (I also got rid of refocus to be sure).

All works now!
(2014-04-14, 08:20)kaiseruk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this on my pc, going into another menu like a playlist etc, does not seem to make the shelf update. It eventually updates but is slow unfortunately. Is there any setting that can be changed in the fanart grabber to force it to update every X seconds? Just thinking from the point of you of family users who will be used to look at shelf now for new episodes but if the shelf doesnt update automatically then they would think their was no new episodes.

I think the issue here is not that it's not refreshing, but that the items are not sorted properly. Basically the shelf is a "window" into your library. So, the content you see listed when you set the shelf to "new episodes" is the same you see when you go into your library, into "recently added episodes". Except there, it's sorted ascending by date by default (which is what you want when you always want to see the latest episodes first). Unfortunately there is no way (yet) to use content targets AND set the sorting method.

Which is also why I addded 'In Progress" as a choice for the shelf. Big advantage to me is that it will always show the most recent unwatched items, per tv show. So if you have multiple unwatched episodes per show, it will show the oldest one every time. Plus you'll won't have the same fanart coming by multiple times. The big disadvantage there is that it will not lead you straight to the unwatched episode, it will lead to the seasons node of the tv show in question and you still have to navigate further manually. There's nothing I can do about that unfortunately.

That said though, I will look into using the library data provider add-on to provide a recommended episodes list. Hopefully that will provide more satisfying results. It's possible it will come with a bit of a performance hit though.

(2014-04-14, 20:49)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking into the artwork downloader. I think if I provide a path to the media location you can reference the different fanart components that the artwork downloader pulls in. Looked through their documentation:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...er#General
So would that be the local media location? Would I do something like this?

PHP Code:
<texture>Stringcompare($INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo),path_to_media_location])</texture

(2014-04-14, 23:21)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]A small bug, I think we just improve the visual of this beautiful refocus. If you look at the top left, the letters of the alphabet, for research, they affect the info "Movies (movie) title. Therefore I think it would be a single shift to the right a little. How I could do? if you do not change you?

thx
The window title should hide when the sortletter is showing. Fixed, thanks.

(2014-04-14, 23:35)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]And another little problem, you can to do change sure . I do not know if there that me with this concern. The Posters of movies 1400 1000x dimension, they are cut. I think Refocus does not fit (I thinkWink) mode Post. There is a solution for this in xml?
Yes, I may have some small adjustments to do here and there. But there will always be a chance of posters getting cut of though because the movie posters provided by themoviedb.org are 1000*1500 and the posters provided by thetvdb.com are 680*1000 (so 1020*1500). And because I want to have a uniform look I set the aspect ratio to scale. I could set the aspect ratio to stretch so they aren't cut of, but then the images will be distorted. I rather have them cut slightly than distorted.
Quote:The window title should hide when the sortletter is showing. Fixed, thanks.

ok thx Smile , but when I watch Refocus the family, they say "oh there is a bug " I really think that little detail makes the difference with other skins and I'm sure to see Refocus that will become this year the best for all skins on all Gotham install. I can put my balls cut if i not know if to be truly this one . ha ha ha Smile

For posters, you're right, keep what you do is better, and I could not stand if they are deformed.
(2014-04-12, 11:42)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 16:26)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 14:29)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm counting 5 channels. The current implementation of the PVR in XBMC is planned to get a complete overhaul as it's quite a hack job. Until it's clear how that's going to be and what it means for skinning I'm not doing any work on the PVR aside from fixing major bugs.
I mean OSD Channel selection.
But if PVR is going a make over I understand your point.

I don't think they will be giving the dialogs a (big) makeover, the problems that need to be adressed mostly concern the main PVR screen. I could make it taller and put it on the side of the screen? That way you could probably show about 10 entries I think.
Making it taller would be enough for me, no need to put it on the side. keeping it centred is more in-line with skin design I think.
(2014-04-15, 08:51)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-14, 20:49)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking into the artwork downloader. I think if I provide a path to the media location you can reference the different fanart components that the artwork downloader pulls in. Looked through their documentation:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...er#General
So would that be the local media location? Would I do something like this?

PHP Code:
<texture>Stringcompare($INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo),path_to_media_location])</texture

I was actually making this a lot harder than it needed to be. After reviewing the downloader addon a bit more and doing some JSON queries it appears most of the art paths are returned as part of the "art" array in JSON. I added a property for the Movie.Logo, TV.Logo, and Video.Logo to the Fanart Grabber. I did a quick and dirty test and was able to get the logos to display using:

PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Video.Logo)]</texture

The Logo string will return blank if there wasn't a logo. From a skinner's perspective all you really need to do is check if the user wants to see logos instead of the text and then use the correct statement to either display the "Title" or "Logo" as appropriate. Fairly easy actually. Check out the latest version github to test. If you like it I'll do a repo pull for the xbmc.org repository.
That's terrific Rob, thanks man

Working like a charm, so by all means do a PR Smile

(2014-04-15, 23:22)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]That's terrific Rob, thanks man

Working like a charm, so by all means do a PR Smile

That looks fantastic! You guys are awesome.

Just let me know when I can download the changes. Smile
great !! I really like when the logo is on the front of fanart!
could there be added a video preview in pvr? i mean showing the current playing channel in a small window next to the channels list.

i find it very annoying to select a channel and not being able to see what it actually is. using the channels list when in tv fullscreen mode is not a good alternative as that list is much smaller and less informative.

would be nice to have such a feature at least as an option.
(2014-04-16, 03:09)a_user Wrote: [ -> ]could there be added a video preview in pvr? i mean showing the current playing channel in a small window next to the channels list.

i find it very annoying to select a channel and not being able to see what it actually is. using the channels list when in tv fullscreen mode is not a good alternative as that list is much smaller and less informative.

would be nice to have such a feature at least as an option.
So you want both current and preview channel? Impossible, xbmc can handle only 1 player at the time.
I love your skins, however I also want to be honest with you. Will the horizontal view be an option?

I always hide everything but the tv shows and movies items. (cant seem to hide system) I can always pull up the shutdown menu for that.

Anyway, I love the overall smoothness of the new skin Smile

(2014-03-19, 21:30)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-19, 18:10)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Yes. Aesthetically it's in keeping with the rest of the design. Adding that as an additional option would make the skin complete, to me at least.
Jeroen, I do as you told me before , to put the trailers on the home
but after have doing all this you have said
1 / the Trailers button is always disabled
2 / when I add the addon Itunes trailers or HD trailer or trailer Addict (or even any other addon) it comes right in the home, but does not work.
3 / If I put Trailer Addict in the list favorite, it work very well.
I removed all the skin cleaned gotham, and still it does not work after.

It is not that that will stop me from loving and keep Refocus, I can not separate myself so it is beautiful this skin, but this little problem prevents me from having the best of your skin.
(2014-04-16, 11:37)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, I do as you told me before , to put the trailers on the home
but after have doing all this you have said
1 / the Trailers button is always disabled
2 / when I add the addon Itunes trailers or HD trailer or trailer Addict (or even any other addon) it comes right in the home, but does not work.
3 / If I put Trailer Addict in the list favorite, it work very well.
I removed all the skin cleaned gotham, and still it does not work after.

It is not that that will stop me from loving and keep Refocus, I can not separate myself so it is beautiful this skin, but this little problem prevents me from having the best of your skin.

Sorry Reynald, I see what you mean now. I was testing it under the videos menu, but there was an error in adding add-ons as custom items in the movies menu. Should be fixed on Git now.

(2014-04-16, 11:01)nooryani84 Wrote: [ -> ]I love your skins, however I also want to be honest with you. Will the horizontal view be an option?

IF it will be added it will be an option. But I would like to concentrate on the Gotham release now, and work on other aspects of the skin besides always the homescreen. If there are any developments about any plans you will read it here.
Well I just replaced and updated Gotham. Nuighty April 16, Refocus and update of today

1 / Trailers Addon still does not work
2 / Now I lost all my bookcase and my fanart links.

A you make a try with the new gotham nuighty of today? (Windows)
This is increasingly worse problems. I love Refocus, but there are many problems with gotham for me now. Grrrrr it makes me crazy!
Have you tried using other add-ons? Just try any other video add-on. Because it's definitely working for me.

I don't know what you mean by fanart links and bookcase but all I changed is the name of a label, certainly not something that would have any effect on anything other than the home menu.