Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Jeroen
Why can't i use the page down/up buttons to scroll in main menu like i can in Movies/Series?
"Hide watched" works as intended for movies, but is inverted for tv shows.
(2014-04-17, 19:47)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-17, 19:32)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-17, 16:04)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Just FYI - The Fanart Grabber version has been bumped in the repo so the "Logo" property is now available.

Great, thanks Smile I decided to work on adding the remaining fanart grabber features while I'm at it. Aside from the support for logo's on the fanart, there will be options to set music fanart instead of movie / tv show fanart or a combination of both.

I updated fanart grabber addon from git repo but don't see any logo's.
Did i configure something wrong?
I have show logo's etc enabled in skin settings.

I've added support for this in my addon but I don't think those changes have been added to refocus yet. I see Jeroen has published some screenshots but I'm not seeing the code of it in the actual repo.
@robweber
A bit off-topic but how do i get this working in Gotham since you commented a few times on it Wink
Are you willing to develop such?
I've sent a pull request on GitHub for the Custom Items not being editable in the TV Shows section when the Videos section is disabled.

Here's something that is not in your repo, but was wondering if you could shed light on. Previously I mentioned how the extra navigation + global nature of the hide watched toggle made me go back to the custom_Watchlist.xml - I added the missing "]" inside IncludeAddons.xml, which should fix the refreshing according to the library.data.provider README - so the include is now:

PHP Code:
<include name="watchlist_Shows">
    <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>
</include> 

However, the list of episodes doesn't update after an episode is played or even on a library update. I have to close/reboot XBMC for it to get a new list. Can you offer any pointers?

removed151214

(2014-04-17, 23:07)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]I added the missing "]" inside IncludeAddons.xml, which should fix the refreshing according to the library.data.provider README - so the include is now:

PHP Code:
    <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>
</include> 

However, the list of episodes doesn't update after an episode is played or even on a library update. I have to close/reboot XBMC for it to get a new list. Can you offer any pointers?

The readme isn't quite right, the & should be &amp; - and it's probably worth adding the window value in there just to be sure

Code:
    <content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(10000).Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>

Not that this should make much of a difference. The reload property is an ugly hack, just re entering the home page will have the same effect. Besides which, the script doesn't actually do anything with this property, so it shouldn't matter if it's being passed properly, merely that it's present. Can you upload a debug log?
@Unfledged thanks for taking a look. I set the content target to:

PHP Code:
    <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(10063).Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>
</include> 

You can find a debug log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=177477 - apologies, I use a CEC adapter and it absolutely spams the log file.

Even with the updated code, the in progress episodes do not refresh when the window is re-entered - or the home screen is visited. This is what I did for the log file:
- Opened in progress episodes window (Window 10063) and data was all up to date and correct
- From same window, opened and quickly 'watched' an episode by zapping through 30 sec chunks
- Episode finished and went back to Window 10063 - data was not updated
- Exited to Home Screen and re-entered Window 10063 - data still not updated

If I then go on to close and re-open xbmc fully, the data is updated when I view in progress episodes.

removed151214

Make sure the window is 10000 - this is the window the script is saving the recommendedepisodes property to. Window 10068 will not work - and nor will not having it there, so we could well have found the problem (It can only be omitted if the script is being run from the home window.) But I'll take a proper look through the log shortly.

Edit: the script looks to be running fine from what I can see in the log, but it's only a partial log. I can see, though, that the reload property is blank so the list won't reload by itself. It should still reload if you re-enter the window. It's possible the service element of the plugin hasn't finished updating the data when you re-entered the window, the log cuts off before then.
(2014-04-18, 01:40)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the window is 10000 - this is the window the script is saving the recommendedepisodes property to. Window 10068 will not work - and nor will not having it there, so we could well have found the problem (It can only be omitted if the script is being run from the home window.) But I'll take a proper look through the log shortly.

Edit: the script looks to be running fine from what I can see in the log, but it's only a partial log. I can see, though, that the reload property is blank so the list won't reload by itself. It should still reload if you re-enter the window. It's possible the service element of the plugin hasn't finished updating the data when you re-entered the window, the log cuts off before then.

Ahh that's where a little knowledge is a bad thing, thought I was being clever. When I change the Window to 10000 the list is not populated, the window appears blank.

PHP Code:
    <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(10000).Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>
</include> 

A debug log doesn't show much, http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=177516 - but I do see some invalid includes:
01:10:26 T:139748821763968 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: watchlist_Shows

removed151214

Double (and triple) check the change you've made. It looks like whichever file the watchlist_Shows include is in is no longer valid XML.
The include 'watchlist_Shows' is the only thing I changed after your post (in fact I only changed the Window ID number to 10000 from 10063). This include is in an IncludeAddons.xml that passes Notepad++ XML syntax check.

The include is referenced within custom_Watchlist.xml (a custom window with id 63) that is called to display the In Progress episodes. I did not change this fie, but checking with Notepad++ XML syntax check, just to make sure, shows no problems either.

EDIT: Quickly tried something -

If I remove the Include reference from custom_Watchlist.xml and just move the particular include that I want for TV Shows from IncludeAddons.xml straight in to custom_Watchlist.xml - then it works as it should.

The reason why they are separated is so that custom_Watchlist.xml can be reused for Episodes and Movies, the include condition is set by the skin as the custom window is opened (if from the main menu it was opened from either the TV Show section or Movie section). This is fine for me because I'm just hacking around Jeroen's work and I won't be using In Progress movies.

So not working, IncludesAddon.xml:
PHP Code:
    <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(10000).Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>
</include> 
<include 
name="watchlist_Movies">
    <
content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies</content>
</include> 
custom_Watchlist.xml:
PHP Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="52">
    <
left>8</left>
    <
top>105</top>
    <
width>1272</width>
    <
height>425</height>
    <
onup>-</onup>
    <
ondown>71</ondown>
    <
onleft>52</onleft>
    <
onright>52</onright>
    <
focusposition>1</focusposition>
    <
pagecontrol>71</pagecontrol>
    <
orientation>horizontal</orientation>
    <include>
global_Scrolltime</include>
    <include>
transition_Content</include>
    <include>
toggle_Menu</include>
    <
itemlayout condition="Skin.String(Watchlist,Movies) | Skin.String(Watchlist,Shows)" height="300" width="200">
        <include>
watchlist_ContainerCommons</include>
    </
itemlayout>
    <
focusedlayout condition="Skin.String(Watchlist,Movies) | Skin.String(Watchlist,Shows)" height="300" width="200">
        <include>
    </
focusedlayout>
    <include 
condition="Skin.String(Watchlist,Shows)">watchlist_Shows</include>
    <include 
condition="Skin.String(Watchlist,Movies)">watchlist_Movies</include>
</
control

Working, IncludesAddon.xml - not referenced
custom_Watchlist.xml:
PHP Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="52">
    <
left>8</left>
    <
top>105</top>
    <
width>1272</width>
    <
height>425</height>
    <
onup>-</onup>
    <
ondown>71</ondown>
    <
onleft>52</onleft>
    <
onright>52</onright>
    <
focusposition>1</focusposition>
    <
pagecontrol>71</pagecontrol>
    <
orientation>horizontal</orientation>
    <include>
global_Scrolltime</include>
    <include>
transition_Content</include>
    <include>
toggle_Menu</include>
    <
itemlayout condition="Skin.String(Watchlist,Movies) | Skin.String(Watchlist,Shows)" height="300" width="200">
        <include>
    </
itemlayout>
    <
focusedlayout condition="Skin.String(Watchlist,Movies) | Skin.String(Watchlist,Shows)" height="300" width="200">
        <include>
    </
focusedlayout>
    <
</control

This is way above my understanding of why throwing out the content target to an include would break the script.

removed151214

More importantly, are the episodes now updating for you? (At the end of the day, it doesn't matter why something works, so long as it works!)
Hi Jeroen, in the settings page, i have no evidence for the lyrics addon i select (like confluence). Lyrics works well however.

Can you add the addon "previewnetworks" to the button for trailer ? The addon offer international versions of trailer, for non english people.

Thanks for all.
(2014-04-17, 19:47)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I updated fanart grabber addon from git repo but don't see any logo's.
Did i configure something wrong?
I have show logo's etc enabled in skin settings.
The skin support code for the logos isn't finished, so it hasn't been pushed to git yet.

(2014-04-17, 19:48)fatal. Wrote: [ -> ]1 - If using View: Gallery, Layout: Strip and you press "Down", it enlarges the fanart and shows you the description/rating/etc (looks good btw)...but I don't see a way to get to the paging scrollbar at the bottom to scroll multiple pages at a time.
I'll look into it, cheers.

Quote:2 - When playing music and you back all the way out to the home screen and press back again it displays the currently playing item and show the cd cover as the fanart (don't know if there is an option to turn that off or not)....but the issue is that if you have lyrics displaying they display on top of the fanart and is not really readable...see screenshot:
The lyrics add-on support was done pretty quickly. I'll probably revisit that to improve readability.

(2014-04-17, 20:46)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, sorry to pile on in with the bug reports. I know it must be frustrating but your work is really appreciated. I'm not having problems adding custom items to Movies, but I can't do it for TV Shows. The Customize Home menu screen won't let me navigate to those settings - they are there but are inactive and greyed out.
It's working for me at the moment, but I have been cleaning up/compacting code here yesterday so I probably corrected it already in the process. Does look like a copy paste error indeed (Hey, that even happens to Apple Wink )

(2014-04-17, 20:48)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jeroen
Why can't i use the page down/up buttons to scroll in main menu like i can in Movies/Series?
Because the menu doesn't have actual pages like library windows have. The key bindings and such are handled by XBMC, I have no influence on that.

(2014-04-17, 21:37)Galefury Wrote: [ -> ]"Hide watched" works as intended for movies, but is inverted for tv shows.
Cheers, I'll look into it.

(2014-04-18, 10:34)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen, in the settings page, i have no evidence for the lyrics addon i select (like confluence). Lyrics works well however.
Yeah, it would be good to show the currently selected add-on there. I'll put it on my list, cheers.

Quote:Can you add the addon "previewnetworks" to the button for trailer ? The addon offer international versions of trailer, for non english people.
No, you'll have to add it to a custom item button.
(2014-04-18, 03:25)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]More importantly, are the episodes now updating for you? (At the end of the day, it doesn't matter why something works, so long as it works!)

Very true! Yes the list refreshes as it should. Thanks for the help.