Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-18, 13:13)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]@mortstar: if you adjust the onclick action for the in progress button in the tv show submenu accordingly, I think it will do what you want:

PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(10000).Property(recommendedepisodes)],return)</onclick> 

This is what I had in mind to change already. Note that it will need some fine tuning in other areas to be complete (no thumbnail will show in list view for example, and the info provided in the views isn't optimal) but that can all be remedied fairly easily.

I really want to get rid of the custom window used for the watchlist permanently as it's just a lot of code for what can be done with more or less one line of code using the Library Data Provider add-on. Other advantages are being able to use multiple viewtypes and being able to get to the information dialog by pressing "I / Info" There's also a theoretical limit of 25 items in the custom window.

Works perfectly if I replace the 'In Progress' onclick action to the code above.

All the pro's and con's you mentioned are exactly right. It's good to have the Watchlist using the standard library behaviour so it acts like any other window. The info displayed for Watchlist isn't perfect - it would be good to see the show name and, for this particular window, I prefer to see the series poster instead of episode thumb. Is it possible to achieve that with a visible expression?
*dumidumdidum*

Just want to thank you for your great skin. I just wanted to change the home menu style... but now.... I think I'm out of control Smile

(2014-04-18, 10:46)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-17, 19:47)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I updated fanart grabber addon from git repo but don't see any logo's.
Did i configure something wrong?
I have show logo's etc enabled in skin settings.
The skin support code for the logos isn't finished, so it hasn't been pushed to git yet.
Please update Wink
(2014-04-18, 19:41)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-18, 16:46)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen, a possible bug: from a video played from the video/file node, the mute icon is overlapping the weather icon.
I can't reproduce this one. is this in the library screen?

this are the steps to reproduce the possible error (xbmc nightly from 16/04/2014):

1) Select videos/files
2) play a file
3) pause the video
4) mute the video

I have the mute icon overlapping the weather icon.

Cheers
delete
(2014-04-19, 14:52)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]i have change the background color of Base Refocus. And I really like the mix of color (blue and fanart) with gradient black! I love refocus and to make some changes, as we prefer is pretty easy. Jeroen thank you to you for this wonderful skin!
Hoping not to antagonize with you , to have made ​​these changes on your skin ! takes care

Changing background color isn't a skin option is it?
Can you tell were to change this?
Not Jeroen has not set the option. The solution is PHOTOSHOP!
(2014-04-19, 15:08)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]Not Jeroen has not set the option. The solution is PHOTOSHOP!

Mind sharing yours Wink
I suck at Photoshop Wink
delete
Bug: when video is paused and muted, the muted sign overlaps with weather icon.
Reynald, please stop trolling.
Trolling ? what do you mean? I disturb? I have to leave?
(2014-04-18, 18:33)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]For example, the iplayer addon. When you go into TV. The only view option is list view, It says thumbanils, but doesnt chnage to thumbnail view. I gave the iplayer as an example as it includes all the channel logos. I`d like to be able to view the thumbnails at once instead of the list view, where you see an icon at a time.
The thing is, setting viewtypes for add-ons is a major PITA. I'll try to explain.

Add-ons can "report" to XBMC & skins what type of content they provide. So for instance movies, episodes, programs, etc.

The way it works in reFocus is that the viewtypes that are made available for you to choose are based on that same content type. So, it makes no difference whether you go into your movie library, or into an add-on that is reporting it's content to be movies. All the viewtypes (apart from Gallery) and the information labels are tailored to that specific content type. Because if there's one thing I really dislike is viewtypes that aren't really suitable for the content being listed. I don't want to see a poster format for episodes, or episode thumbnails for movies for example. I put a lot of effort in making sure that doesn't happen.

Unfortunately, some add-ons use a content-type that doesn't fit the actual content being listed. In the past I tried to regulate that on skin level and built in all kinds of workarounds, sometimes even for specific add-ons. I have given up on that tbh, as it is impossible to do completely and makes a total mess of my skin code. Also, quite frankly, the add-on is the cause of the "problem", and it should be solved in the add-on and not the skin.

Now in the case of the iPlayer add-on it actually does not report a content type at all. Which, in some cases is fine. Because if the website / service the add-on is getting content from doesn't / can't provide metadata that suits a content type it's better to do that. That does mean however that only the list view is available as a fallback view unfortunately.

The general problem basically is that many add-ons use many different sources, and there is no standard when it comes to thumbnail dimensions / aspect ratio, available metadata, etc. In the case of the iPlayer these happen to provide nice square icons, and they are all the same size. But that is definitely not the case with all add-ons. They could be 16:9 thumbnails, or posters, or banners, or anything really.

I know other skins probably provide more views in this case, but they also use either "one-size fits all" kind of viewtypes, or show all viewtypes coded into the skin, regardless of whether they fit the content format being listed. One of the key principles in reFocus is not doing that.

I do have some ideas for a thumbnails based view specifically for "content-less" add-ons, but that is going to have to wait till after Gotham.

That said though, it is of course a bug that the thumbnails button is showing when it's not actually available.

(2014-04-18, 20:47)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]I cant find it in gotham? They removed it? Someone can point me where to look?
Press left or up, depending on the viewtype you are in, then it's in the menu that opens.

(2014-04-18, 21:12)gegecom83 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the same backgrounds in the different views and the home menu ?
I don't know what you mean by this.

(2014-04-18, 22:13)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]All the pro's and con's you mentioned are exactly right. It's good to have the Watchlist using the standard library behaviour so it acts like any other window. The info displayed for Watchlist isn't perfect - it would be good to see the show name and, for this particular window, I prefer to see the series poster instead of episode thumb. Is it possible to achieve that with a visible expression?
In my latest git push, the info provided is now the same format as it is for the "recently added episodes" node. The thumbnails are set to episodes though. Most of the thumbnails are all set through variables based on the content type. I'd like that universal / free of workarounds. But if you want to change it, look into the thumb_Portrait variable in variables.xml. Note that what you change there may have an impact on other parts.

(2014-04-19, 00:45)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]this are the steps to reproduce the possible error (xbmc nightly from 16/04/2014):

1) Select videos/files
2) play a file
3) pause the video
4) mute the video

I have the mute icon overlapping the weather icon.

Cheers

(2014-04-19, 20:42)Galefury Wrote: [ -> ]Bug: when video is paused and muted, the muted sign overlaps with weather icon.

But do you guys actually have the icons seeing through (so are they both visible at the same time?) Because I can't seem to reproduce this. In any case the intended behaviour is that the mute icon takes precedence over the weather icon, thus replacing it while it is active.

Changes pushed to git:
  • added homescreen fanart slidehow settings dialog window
  • homescreen fanart slideshow: choose fanart type (video, music or mixed)
  • homescreen fanart slideshow: choose title type (logo, text or none) Fanart Grabber add-on version 0.12.9 required, restart of XBMC may be required for logos
  • currently selected default lyrics add-on is now shown in skin settings
  • fix for clock showing through library update message in visualization screen
  • added a custom confirmation dialog to be used by skin settings
  • resetting skin settings now asks for confirmation
  • reloading skin now asks for confirmation
  • added Czech translation (thanks rosiste)
  • translation updates
  • fix for scrollbar not being accessible in Gallery view
  • add "years" to music menu
  • another fix for "hide watched" radiobutton not showing true state
  • removed custom "Watchlist" window. Watchlist functionality now handled by Library Data Provider, renamed to "recommended"
  • fix for unwatched indicator showing in video->files regardless of skin setting
  • subtitles dialog: added a button to go into settings->video->subtitles
  • fix for scrollbars being accessible even when not visible/activated
  • "edit" button in video/music information screens renamed to "manage...", opened window now has flexible height
  • various fixes / code cleaning, mainy in home menu