Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi jeroen,

Awesome progress with the new release!
Great design!

I've been flat out lately and only just got a chance to update my machines to Gotham and try out this release.

Apologies if already mentioned...
Couple things related to PVR ( I know I know... Not PVR again, right?) haha
We'll if I don't mention it, it may never get a fix.

1. PVR OSDinfo doesn't show channel icon
2. PVR OSDinfo doesn't show when changing channel using up/down arrows

A suggestion, when looking at channel list in PVR section I've noticed you have the channel name and number in bold then below that the program and start finish times. This is great, however the channel program and timeslot are sort of drowned out by the channel name and number, is it possible perhaps to swap their positioning and have the channel program and time be on top and in bold? Or perhaps just make the program and time in bold and make the font a bit larger to have it stand out a bit more?

I say this because directly to the left of the list are the channel logos, which are all one really needs to know what channel they're on. It's sort of a double up, but obviously the channel name still has to be there. But perhaps program and time take center stage?

Never the less fantastic work!

Loving it.

Loggio
@Jeroen
I still need to get used to the skin and switches a few times a week but still coming back to reFocus (and that's a good thing)
Only thing I can't seem to find is to update movie/show info.
When I select info from show I only see Play, Cinema and Acteurs.
Is there a way to update movie/show meta data info?

/edit
Btw thanks for implementing a different way of showing watched/watch able items
(2014-05-10, 00:27)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jeroen
I still need to get used to the skin and switches a few times a week but still coming back to reFocus (and that's a good thing)
Only thing I can't seem to find is to update movie/show info.
When I select info from show I only see Play, Cinema and Acteurs.
Is there a way to update movie/show meta data info?

/edit
Btw thanks for implementing a different way of showing watched/watch able items

There should also be a 'Manage...' button that allows you to re-scrape information and/or change artwork. This button won't show if you have kiosk mode enabled in the skin settings.
@mortstar ah that's it. I have kiosk enabled.
Do you also know why Series is always expanded in main menu ;-)
Small change in variable 'nextaired_Info' - for episodes with a 'LatestDate' and not a 'NextDate' (i.e. Usually at the end of a series/on a mid-season break), LOCALIZE should be string #31501 not #31502.
Back from the weekend trip. Other than the rain and thunder and our car breaking down we had fun Angry

Thanks for the reports, issued should be fixed on Git. I'm currently also working on releasing a repository add-on so stable / important updates can be distributed automatically.

(2014-05-09, 12:28)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen, in the lyrics window (script-XBMC_Lyrics-main) is a little hard to read lyrics if we have visualization enabled.
I tried to add a texture to have better readability (from line 17, before the control list 110):
<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>520</height>
<texture background="true">white.png</texture>
<colordiffuse>cc114076</colordiffuse>
</control>
Color is base1 color, just more transparent. What do you think?
I used a darker color, and lowered the opacity a bit. I also removed the text shadows as they don't really serve a purpose anymore.
I might revisit / redesign this window more thoroughly after the Gotham release, maybe combine the lyrics with info provided by the artist slideshow add-on.

Quote:Second thing, i have switched to open fonts in the last week. The are very good to me.
Great, that's good to hear

(2014-05-09, 13:44)doktrjones Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen,
for channel Icons in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml on line 59 and 101 the aspectratio should be keep instead of stretch, so they don't look squashed.
If correctly sized (square) icons are used it will look as intended either way, but you're right, fixed on Git.

Quote:Also in the gallery view, it looks weird when the highlight frame stays fixed on top when going left/right so i've added the frame to focusedlayout on line 159 in ViewGallery.xml.
I hope you'll use these changes in your next update, keep up the good work!
I actually specifically made it this way as I really don't like how in that case the frame skips back and forth even though the focused item stays in one place. So, I'm leaving it as is, sorry.

(2014-05-09, 16:11)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]Good mini-Holyday, Jeroen.
Another thing: the problem with the weather icon ovelapping the muted icon is solved, thank you.
But... is not better to have a play icon (like the music section) when we play a video?
Why have weather icon, next to remaining time of a movie, if a play icon is alredy present in textures ?
I looked into this, but for me the weather icon is replaced by a playing icon just like in music?

(2014-05-09, 16:37)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if already mentioned...
Couple things related to PVR ( I know I know... Not PVR again, right?) haha
We'll if I don't mention it, it may never get a fix.
Well, there's PVR changes coming up in Helix, so I'll won't be bored Wink

Quote:1. PVR OSDinfo doesn't show channel icon
2. PVR OSDinfo doesn't show when changing channel using up/down arrows
Both should be fixed on Git.

Quote:A suggestion, when looking at channel list in PVR section I've noticed you have the channel name and number in bold then below that the program and start finish times. This is great, however the channel program and timeslot are sort of drowned out by the channel name and number, is it possible perhaps to swap their positioning and have the channel program and time be on top and in bold? Or perhaps just make the program and time in bold and make the font a bit larger to have it stand out a bit more?

I say this because directly to the left of the list are the channel logos, which are all one really needs to know what channel they're on. It's sort of a double up, but obviously the channel name still has to be there. But perhaps program and time take center stage?

Yeah, I have been considering the exact same thing, I have been switching stuff around there before and even considered adding another line.

Basically I agree, although I also thought to consider some channels not having a logo, or maybe people / backends not even setting any logo's. Also, I feel channel number's should take center as well? At least when I browse my (non-xbmc) PVR I browse by channel numbers a lot. Will think about this some more.

Quote:Never the less fantastic work!

Loving it.

Loggio
thank you

(2014-05-11, 23:39)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]Small change in variable 'nextaired_Info' - for episodes with a 'LatestDate' and not a 'NextDate' (i.e. Usually at the end of a series/on a mid-season break), LOCALIZE should be string #31501 not #31502.
Cheers, done
Important notice

As of now, the add-on ID (which XBMC uses to identify add-ons) of the reFocus version on Github has been changed from skin.refocus to skin.refocus.dev.

This allows me (and you) to have a stable and development version installed simultaneously without the risk of versions overwriting each other. The stable versions will be distributed through the upcoming repository add-on and will keep the skin.refocus identification.

If you intend to stick with the development version on Github, or install both the stable and git versions you will want to change the name of your currently installed reFocus skin folder accordingly (so from ../xbmc/addons/skin.refocus to ../xbmc/addons/skin.refocus.dev)

If you do not rename the folder, your currently installed version will be overwritten if you use the repository add-on later to install the skin.

Upon renaming, you will have to quit and restart for XBMC to pick up the new skin folder. I would also advise clearing any reFocus versions from ../xbmc/addons/packages/ afterwards.
(2014-05-12, 09:11)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I actually specifically made it this way as I really don't like how in that case the frame skips back and forth even though the focused item stays in one place. So, I'm leaving it as is, sorry.
In that case I would put the highlight frame behind the movie image, sort of like how it is in big list. But I could always do that myself if you don't like that
@Jeroen
Can you tell me where to find the code for the pvr backend notification or notification only? I'd like to remove the dark overlay because it sometimes darkens the screen when receiving pvr disconnect notifications or others. I already tried to disable pvr notification but seems to be broken in xbmc
It's in VideoFullScreen.xml, the file is called vignette.png. should be at the beginning of the file.

It is not PVR specific though.
Quote:
Quote:A suggestion, when looking at channel list in PVR section I've noticed you have the channel name and number in bold then below that the program and start finish times. This is great, however the channel program and timeslot are sort of drowned out by the channel name and number, is it possible perhaps to swap their positioning and have the channel program and time be on top and in bold? Or perhaps just make the program and time in bold and make the font a bit larger to have it stand out a bit more?

Yeah, I have been considering the exact same thing, I have been switching stuff around there before and even considered adding another line.

Basically I agree, although I also thought to consider some channels not having a logo, or maybe people / backends not even setting any logo's. Also, I feel channel number's should take center as well? At least when I browse my (non-xbmc) PVR I browse by channel numbers a lot. Will think about this some more.

Perhaps it may be a good idea to have an option to enable/disable channel names? the way i see it... If you have channel logos, Channel names are not needed. Though, that probably brings problems along with it.

Channel numbers should possibly take center.... although, i use free to air tv and only have about 18 channels, so i never even take notice of the channel number, the only thing i take notice of is the logo, program info, start and finish times and what's on next. channel names and numbers i could happy hide away never to be seen again. You'll find mixed feelings about this however, which is why i suggest maybe a toggle.
(2014-05-13, 22:41)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]It's in VideoFullScreen.xml, the file is called vignette.png. should be at the beginning of the file.

It is not PVR specific though.

Thanks, i'll have a play with it later today.

Remember i asked about increasing channels in Channel OSD?
This is what i meant

(2014-05-14, 02:04)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:

Perhaps it may be a good idea to have an option to enable/disable channel names? the way i see it... If you have channel logos, Channel names are not needed. Though, that probably brings problems along with it.

Channel numbers should possibly take center.... although, i use free to air tv and only have about 18 channels, so i never even take notice of the channel number, the only thing i take notice of is the logo, program info, start and finish times and what's on next. channel names and numbers i could happy hide away never to be seen again. You'll find mixed feelings about this however, which is why i suggest maybe a toggle.

Something like replace with channel number if no logo is available?

@Jeroen
Are you aware that Addons submenu item Music doesn't display addons?
Hey Jeroen,

I wanted to encourage you in the development of this skin. I know you don't want to keep on talking about this but just take this in:
Your skin was always great and continues to improve. After all it's your skin, and if you'd decide to make it red you could do that without anyone having a right to complain.
This skin is for people of the same taste as yours. It's not about anything like "this is the perfect skin for everybody". If I am correct you made this skin to fit YOUR needs and continue to develop it so it stays that way.

Of course I'm thankful for you being open to feedback and critics, every designer needs that, but it's really not about you trying to serve us what we want.

Actually I'm thankful that you even take the time to document the dev of this skin and that you're present here in this thread. It's a big pile of work, thank you!

I have one feature request: Stay true to YOUR intentions for this skin! Smile

Jonathan
(2014-05-14, 02:04)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Channel numbers should possibly take center.... although, i use free to air tv and only have about 18 channels, so i never even take notice of the channel number, the only thing i take notice of is the logo, program info, start and finish times and what's on next. channel names and numbers i could happy hide away never to be seen again. You'll find mixed feelings about this however, which is why i suggest maybe a toggle.

(2014-05-14, 08:58)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Something like replace with channel number if no logo is available?

I'll note these down for the Helix version, including the higher osd channels window. Cheers

Quote:Are you aware that Addons submenu item Music doesn't display addons?
I am now Tongue Will look into it, thanks.

(2014-05-14, 10:56)Namekkural Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jeroen,

I wanted to encourage you in the development of this skin...

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, I do make it to fit my needs but I also want to approach it with a broader view if that makes sense. I don't know, it's a weird balance thing, hard to explain Smile
Respository add-on available for testing

I have uploaded a repository add-on containing a compiled build of reFocus. Installing reFocus through this add-on will currently not overwrite your existing install of reFocus. As this is purely meant to test the repository add-on it will install a test build of reFocus with version number: 1.1.0-repotest.

This build is using a compressed textures file, so it should provide much better performance on low powered devices like the Raspberry Pi compared to the uncompiled version on Github.

If you haven't read or missed this post please read it, as at some point future updates provided through the add-on will overwrite your existing install of reFocus, if you do not take action.

Download repository add-on

P.S: if nothing shows up after you installed and opened the repo add-on, please close and restart XBMC or refresh.