Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-06, 05:03)jmuck78 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen,

I have another odd bug. For some movies in my library, the listitem.videoresolution and listitem.videocodec stop displaying in all views and in the dialog video info window. The bug seems to randomly affect movies in the library and seems to affect only videos that have been played once or twice. I've checked in confluence, and the bug shows up there too, so I'm fairly sure it's an xbmc issue and not a skin issue (unless all of the skins, including confluence uniformly call this listitem property the same way, and do so incorrectly), so I apologize for posting this in your forum. I'm posting here to see if you have noticed this issue, too, and to see if you are aware of an existing bug report. If no, I will need to file a bug in trac.

Thanks for indulging...

I can't say I've come across this. I sporadically have missing resolution and codec flags (and thumbnails) missing for files that were just added and have not been played yet (I guess some information is extracted by xbmc on first play or something like that). But other than that they all show up for me.

The only other explanation I can think of skin wise is if the texture for a specific codec is missing. But that also would only be an explanation if all skins you check in would be missing that same texture. So that's very unlikely.

I'm not aware of an existing bug report for this issue, so by all means file it Nod
If anyone is interested in current development, you may have noticed there hasn't been a lot of commits to Github recently. The reason is that I have been working on some things that are hard to push individually without breaking stuff and that need some time to get done properly instead of being a hack job.

With oustanding help from Unfledged I have been working on implementing a rebuilt and completely customizable home menu.

You will be able to:
  • Add as many entries as you want
  • Add as many submenus as you want
  • Create custom menus
  • Create custom submenus
  • Create custom buttons
  • Add add-ons, favourites, folders, xbmc functions, playlists, etc.
  • Rename items
  • Rearrange menus and buttons
  • And more
That and more in the next update. I'm off to pinkpop Cool more info next week.
(2014-06-06, 16:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]That and more in the next update. I'm off to pinkpop Cool more info next week.

Don't get a sunburn Rofl
Going to Vestrock myself Laugh
oh my god !!!! Yeah Yes Smile Smile
(2014-06-06, 16:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get a sunburn Rofl
Going to Vestrock myself Laugh

Already have one Tongue but yeah protection will be necessary for sure.
Jeroen,

Missing some logo's for tv channels. There used to be a thread where we were abele to ask you to add them (if we could provide you with a vector logo from brandsoftheworld.com).
Is that thread still around, i can not seem to find it.

Missing logo's for Cinemax, Netflix and Das Erste.

Would appreciatie it if you could add these.
(2014-06-06, 16:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone is interested in current development, you may have noticed there hasn't been a lot of commits to Github recently. The reason is that I have been working on some things that are hard to push individually without breaking stuff and that need some time to get done properly instead of being a hack job.

With oustanding help from Unfledged I have been working on implementing a rebuilt and completely customizable home menu.

You will be able to:
  • Add as many entries as you want
  • Add as many submenus as you want
  • Create custom menus
  • Create custom submenus
  • Create custom buttons
  • Add add-ons, favourites, folders, xbmc functions, playlists, etc.
  • Rename items
  • Rearrange menus and buttons
  • And more
That and more in the next update. I'm off to pinkpop Cool more info next week.

Holy shit! Thanks for listening Jeroen! I think you'll be making a lot of users very happy with this update.
(2014-06-08, 14:20)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen,

Missing some logo's for tv channels. There used to be a thread where we were abele to ask you to add them (if we could provide you with a vector logo from brandsoftheworld.com).
Is that thread still around, i can not seem to find it.

Missing logo's for Cinemax, Netflix and Das Erste.

Would appreciatie it if you could add these.

Sure, will be added.
HI Jeroen,

Just wanted to make you aware of a small issue I am experiencing with the current home menu, so that it might be addressed with the new homescreen you are working on.

Certain video addons (well, nederland24 at least) do not update links when called from the shortcuts under the current menu items.

plugin.video.nederland24 provides video links on the "first" screen when the add-on is used, not in sub menu items. When the add-on is run from a shortcut these links are not refreshed, when run from the video section the links are refreshed correctly.

Hope this is a sufficiently clear description, thanks in advance!
(2014-06-10, 22:34)bosel Wrote: [ -> ]HI Jeroen,

Just wanted to make you aware of a small issue I am experiencing with the current home menu, so that it might be addressed with the new homescreen you are working on.

Certain video addons (well, nederland24 at least) do not update links when called from the shortcuts under the current menu items.

plugin.video.nederland24 provides video links on the "first" screen when the add-on is used, not in sub menu items. When the add-on is run from a shortcut these links are not refreshed, when run from the video section the links are refreshed correctly.

I'm not sure what the difference in behaviour will be regarding this between the old and new home menu code, if any. They hardly share any code so please test it out when I release it. You will be able to set completely custom paths, so maybe that will be able to take care of this if needed.

removed151214

(2014-06-10, 22:34)bosel Wrote: [ -> ]HI Jeroen,

This sounds like a not-uncommon problem where XBMC is returning a cached version of a plugin (or, indeed, any directory, plugin, library node, etc) - I actually get it quite consistently with my own Watchlist script - which probably won't be fixed by the new menu system. If I'm right, the biggest thing you can do to stop it happening is to use the back button (or whatever remote key you have mapped to back) to return to the home page after viewing the plugin rather than any button which goes straight to the home page directly. Also worth doing, if that doesn't work, is removing the ",return' part of the ActivateWindow command the menu item is linked to (which will be far easier to do with the new menu system) - this will mean more presses of the back button to get back to the home page, but will ensure that XBMC has forgotten about where it was in the library - and so what it was displaying - next time.
reFocus 1.3.0 available

I have just uploaded a new reFocus release. This release is still compatible with XBMC 13 Gotham only, using this on XBMC 14 Helix nightly builds will result in various issues. Please do not report any issue encountered on non-Gotham versions of XBMC.

You can install it using the repository add-on. If you can't see the new version in the repository yet, please manually refresh the repository (through the context menu).

The home menu code was rewritten and now uses the skin shortcuts add-on to allow for the highest possible level of customization (and saves approximately 1000 lines of skin code Tongue)

A new preview release of skin shortcuts is needed for the home menu to work correctly. That preview release is present on my repository, if you update the skin through the repository add-on it will be installed automatically.

If you insist on fiddling around with zip files make sure you get all the required add-ons. If you get a "dependencies not met" error you are missing (the correct version of) one of the add-ons required by the skin, in which case it's always your fault Wink

The most important changes in this release
  • Add custom home menu buttons and submenus
  • Rename and rearrange menus and buttons
  • Define custom actions to buttons
  • Aside from add-ons, folders and playlists you can now also add favourites and xbmc functions to the home menu
  • New "compact home menu" option
  • Option to display scheduled recordings in home screen and in PVR
  • Selected thumbnail views are now available to add-ons based on content type
  • New "Tiles" view, aimed at use in music library and content with limited meta data (add-ons and non-library video files)

And of course bugfixes, optimizations and tweaks here and there.

Warning
Because of the home menu's high level of customization it is now possible to remove the settings button from your home menu.

Please realize that when you do so, you are removing the possibility to acces the settings window from the home menu, and thus from making any changes to your system configuration!

I highly advise keeping a link to the settings screen in your home menu. As a fallback method I have added a settings button to the shutdown menu (press S on your keyboard). If you use a remote I strongly encourage you to map a button on your remote to open the shutdown menu.

This is the only fallback method I will add. Consider yourself warned.

Good to know
Main menu items are now "double click". Press once expands the submenu (if configured), press twice opens the main menu item's action. The amount of clicks has not changed, but in the "old" menu the main menu item's action would be presented by the first item in the submenu.

Thanks
Big thanks go out to Unfledged for his help in setting up the home menu customization, for tolerating all my feature / change requests (and even adding them all!), for writing OTT documentation Wink and simply for being a patient and very helpful guy. Throw him some rep points Smile Thanks mate!
I check this immidiatly Wink

Thx and great work !!

cheers

Impossible to download, I refreshed and updated the repo. your advice that you download to succeed, I can not wait for more Smile
thank you
Can't wait to try this ! Good job, mate ! Cheers !

removed151214

(2014-06-12, 20:13)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]reFocus 1.3.0 available

I have just uploaded a new reFocus release. This release is still compatible with XBMC 13 Gotham only, using this on XBMC 14 Helix nightly builds will result in various issues. Please do not report any issue encountered on non-Gotham versions of XBMC.

You can install it using the repository add-on. If you can't see the new version in the repository yet, please manually refresh the repository (through the context menu).

The home menu code was rewritten and now uses the skin shortcuts add-on to allow for the highest possible level of customization (and saves approximately 1000 lines of skin code

Nice to see this out in the wild. I've been hearing about it for ages, I can't wait to see it. But the zip file's named incorrectly on your repo - should be skin.refocus.dev-1.3.0.zip according to the XBMC logs Smile

(2014-06-12, 20:29)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]Impossible to download, I refreshed and updated the repo. your advice that you download to succeed, I can not wait for more Smile
thank you

Broken, and in less than 2 hours? You owe me a euro, Jeroen Tongue