Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While the blue theme is still my favorite, I created green and gray themes...which is very easy to do with this skin. Here they are if anyone wants to try them, just unzip in the theme's "colors" folder and select the desired color in Settings -> Appearance.

Download

Thanks bryanbrazil, i really like the grey version. It fits very well with the windows/dialogs in the skin.
Just what I wanted, thanks Jeroen and Bryan, grey FTW!
Nice work Smile Thinking about adding a subtle orange to the grey one myself now Smile
(2014-06-26, 22:56)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work Smile Thinking about adding a subtle orange to the grey one myself now Smile

This.

I thought exactly the same as soon as I saw it. Orange font perhaps.
Hi ,Jeroen

I think that reFocus have a bug in file mode on music, you can't change view to thumbnails...
(2014-06-27, 00:36)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]I thought exactly the same as soon as I saw it. Orange font perhaps.

Orange and black / dark grays are always a great combo. Although it turned out more yellow than orange here.
(2014-06-27, 12:35)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-27, 00:36)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]I thought exactly the same as soon as I saw it. Orange font perhaps.

Orange and black / dark grays are always a great combo. Although it turned out more yellow than orange here.
Nice, even better!
(2014-06-27, 12:35)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]

Very Nice Smile
(2014-05-05, 16:14)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]It's most likely not an issue, the widgets don't change upon changing the main menu selection. The widgets are in what I refer to as shelf and are placed next to each other in a horizontal list.
Is this possible to do, or does the skinning engine limit this ability? In confluence these "widgets" are how my son quickly determines what new show or movie he wants to watch. He will not instinctively know to navigate through the "shelf" as you call it. I also like the idea mentioned earlier in the thread about an auto rotate feature. I think that combined with the shelf content intelligently changing with the main menu item selection would work quite well. I'd be happy to dig in and try it myself if I ever get the time, as long as I know ahead of time it is possible to do. As a designer by trade, I understand and respect your desire to control and keep things as you envision them. Therefore I am happy to do the work myself for something that is a preference for myself.

removed151214

(2014-06-27, 21:53)kricker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-05, 16:14)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]It's most likely not an issue, the widgets don't change upon changing the main menu selection. The widgets are in what I refer to as shelf and are placed next to each other in a horizontal list.
Is this possible to do, or does the skinning engine limit this ability? In confluence these "widgets" are how my son quickly determines what new show or movie he wants to watch. He will not instinctively know to navigate through the "shelf" as you call it. I also like the idea mentioned earlier in the thread about an auto rotate feature. I think that combined with the shelf content intelligently changing with the main menu item selection would work quite well. I'd be happy to dig in and try it myself if I ever get the time, as long as I know ahead of time it is possible to do. As a designer by trade, I understand and respect your desire to control and keep things as you envision them. Therefore I am happy to do the work myself for something that is a preference for myself.

I had a play at doing this myself a while back, so it's definitely possible.

First you'd need to add a way to select a widget for main menu items - it'd need button 309 in script-skinshortcuts.xml (probably with a visibility condition to only show for main menu items), and a way to tell the skin shortcuts script which widgets are available - see section "Overrides.xml", part 4 in the scripts Advanced Usage docs (and there's a section near the top on displaying things in the skin based on this which might be of interest, too).

The other half of the job is then displaying the widget, based on the widget property of the main menu item. The code for the shelf, where you'd want to manage this, is in HomeMenu.xml, starting somewhere around line 135. The style of menu on reFocus - whereby main and sub-menu items are interweaved - causes one issue, which is that if you're focused on a submenu item, the main menu item (and therefore its widget property) isn't available. I got around this by using on focus to set the widget to a window property if the item were a main menu item (main menu items don't have the property "isSubmenu"), but there's probably a better way to do this.

It's actually not too difficult a job to do. But to do it well is, of course, another matter Smile
Excellent work! Essentially the best interface/operating system (skin) EVER.

You've nailed the need for simple and elegant!

I really appreciate how intuitive it is, but the only criticism I have for each XBMC skin I have tried (and disliked other than ReFocus) is the lack of a help menu.

Anyway - I don't foresee anyone doing a better skin than this. I am running everything on a Mac Mini, and the transition from Mavericks to ReFocus is wonderful. I especially like the menu display choices and variety!

Way to go!
Jeroen will you share the awesome grey/orange color xml upfront? It looks just great!
(2014-06-26, 08:08)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]While the blue theme is still my favorite, I created green and gray themes...which is very easy to do with this skin. Here they are if anyone wants to try them, just unzip in the theme's "colors" folder and select the desired color in Settings -> Appearance.

Download

Silly question, time.

This "should work" for any skin that has a colors folder, right?
If so, AWESOME!

Thanks
(2014-06-27, 23:20)aksarge Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-26, 08:08)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]While the blue theme is still my favorite, I created green and gray themes...which is very easy to do with this skin. Here they are if anyone wants to try them, just unzip in the theme's "colors" folder and select the desired color in Settings -> Appearance.

Download

Silly question, time.

This "should work" for any skin that has a colors folder, right?
If so, AWESOME!

Thanks
These files will only work with refocus 1.3.x.