Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-07-09, 16:36)Kolabor Wrote: [ -> ]@Jeroen: Do You plan to give translators some time before publishing v1.4.0 to final? Personally I'd like to have few days before You'll publish final version. Maybe we could determine such rule for all translators?
Let's say 3 days for beta version and that would be the time for translators to do all strings for their languages and then final version. What do You think?

Sure, yeah. Basically I always aim to do this, but I also don't want the translators wasting time on translating things I end up changing again. I don't expect many changes though, if any. I'll run by some things and then I'll push the new strings file to Transifex.

Even then, there will still be plenty of time though. I'll probably release one or two test builds through my own repo before submitting the final release to the XBMC.org repository.

(2014-07-09, 18:40)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]You can easily tell the difference between the two screenshots. The second one looks way clearer and high resolution. The problem is, that it always goes back to the low resolution version (screen1) when I restart XBMC. I could not test it with Confluence because it does not show the poster in this kind of size.
Yeah, the difference is definitely there. I cannot imagine this to be a skin issue though, so hopefully Unfledged's tip will get you further.

Quote:I'd like to mark a little visual "bug".

When I highlight the last item on the homescreen list it cuts off the blue edge:
Spotted that a while ago too Wink Will be fixed in the next release.

Quote:As I really fall in love with your skin I want to make it my default skin. Therefore I would like to ask you if you considered implementing support for 'script.extendedifo'. So that it gives me more information when I hover over a movie set.
Giving more information about movie sets I would like to add. The extendedinfo script doesn't seem to work without trouble on Gotham though and it is not actively maintained anymore. I'm afraid that's just waiting for stuff to break.

Quote:Really appreciate your work. Looking forward for future development.
(sorry for the long post, hope I could make myself clear, as english is not my first languageWink)
No worries Smile

@all: Thanks!
(2014-07-09, 18:52)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]I could be completely wrong, but take a look at the advancedsettings.xml option imageres, which details how large the artwork images XBMC caches are. By default it's 720, but on some systems it's even lower (RaspBMC for example, has it set by default to 540). On a 1080p tv, it's possible the cached images are being saved in a resolution lower than the height of your screen which would explain their low quality.

You are a genius. Thanks a bunch for that hint! Now I can enjoy everything in crytal clearCool

One last question for you Jeroen.

Although my system should be capable of presenting every animation as smooth as possible I get some stutters when browsing through my libraries or when I open menues and so on. They seem to disappear when I did the same navigation a couple of times in a row (e.g. navigate through the same 5 movies a couple of times). It does happen in every menu or view, however it is not 100% reproducable. Sometimes I don't have stutters for quite some time.
I already tried a complete fresh windows installation and XBMC installation with new profile. It seemed to work at first with a new installation, but ever since I have added my library it startet to stutter again.

My system specs are the following:
i5-3570@3,4 GHz
Nvidia 680GTX
16GB Ram
Samsung 840 SSD

They should be way sufficient to handle XBMC.

Do you or maybe 'Unfledged' have an idea about that? Seems nobody has that kind of problem around here?

Have a good one guys!
(2014-07-10, 15:48)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]You are a genius. Thanks a bunch for that hint! Now I can enjoy everything in crytal clearCool

Although my system should be capable of presenting every animation as smooth as possible I get some stutters when browsing through my libraries or when I open menues and so on. They seem to disappear when I did the same navigation a couple of times in a row (e.g. navigate through the same 5 movies a couple of times). It does happen in every menu or view, however it is not 100% reproducable. Sometimes I don't have stutters for quite some time.
I already tried a complete fresh windows installation and XBMC installation with new profile. It seemed to work at first with a new installation, but ever since I have added my library it startet to stutter again.

i5-3570@3,4 GHz
Nvidia 680GTX
16GB Ram
Samsung 840 SSD

They should be way sufficient to handle XBMC.

Do you or maybe 'Unfledged' have an idea about that? Seems nobody has that kind of problem around here?

Have a good one guys!

I have a similar system, though only half the ram. I haven't noticed any stuttering when browsing using an unmodified reFocus. I tried adding fanart to the Small Thumbnails view and did notice some stuttering/jerkiness when browsing my large library, however. Couldn't figure out what was causing it so went back to the original view and all is good again.
@Branphma: which reFocus version are you using? The one on the repo, or a development build from Github?

The latter uses uncompressed textures, which could have a negative impact on performance, although that really shouldn't be that noticeable on a fast system.

Maybe turn on debug logging to check the cpu load / fps?

I'm using an HTPC with an i3 and 8GB, and a Mac with i3 and 16GB and it's really smooth for me on both.
Im am using the repo version. Debugging showed a cpu load of around 8% and fps of 50-60.

I will buy an Intel NUC for XBMC stuff. Hopefully it will work better with that. I tried different skins and they all seem to have stutters. Something must be interfering on my system or so. Might be better to have a dedicated device just for XBMC usage :-)
I have a DN2820FYKH NUC (the little one) with an old Intel X-25 SSD (~70MB/s write speed, so an old one Smile) and everything is fine and running smooth. Playing 1080p HD with ~13MBps and a DTS-HD or TrueHD audio track (passthrough of course) I get a maxium cpu load of ~20%. Navigating the library is smooth and fine, sometimes the images take a second to load when going through the large library really fast.

Keep in mind to use the right RAM to avoid problems (my DN2820FYKH is limited to 1.35V RAM so I got the Crucial CT51264BF160BJ).

Jeroen, really looking forward to reFocus 1.4!! Wink
Love this skin, one quick question. How do you speed up the default fanart slideshow?

I edited "slideshow_timer" in Includes but that only seems to affect the slideshow when it's using a custom folder of images, not the default slideshow.
Love the vertical menu! Keep up the good work!
(2014-07-10, 15:48)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ][

i5-3570@3,4 GHz
Nvidia 680GTX
16GB Ram
Samsung 840 SSD

Yea I've been fighting with this problem on different systems, on different TV's etc. The way I handle it is by disabling dirty regions (setting is to "0") in advancedsettings.xml. I realize that this is not very energy efficient at all, but it makes xbmc run like butter on both an ivy bridge i5, and on a celeron 1037. Give it a try, but remember that your system will be working much harder to render the menus etc.
dude, thanks a bunch for that!! that totally fixed any lag in animation Big Grin
Hi everyone,
Just getting up to speed with XBMC (love it) and the reFocus skin (LOVE IT!) but had a quick question which digging through scraper docs/skinning docs hasn't answered, figured it's quicker to post here (sorry if this was asked before) but... where is the default missing actor thumb coming from and how can I change/replace it?

Cheers!

(2014-07-12, 00:27)Mister B Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,
Just getting up to speed with XBMC (love it) and the reFocus skin (LOVE IT!) but had a quick question which digging through scraper docs/skinning docs hasn't answered, figured it's quicker to post here (sorry if this was asked before) but... where is the default missing actor thumb coming from and how can I change/replace it?

Cheers!

That photo is located here:

\xbmc\addons\skin.refocus\media\thumbs\default_Actor.png

If you're using the skin from the XBMC repository, there's no easy way to change it as the textures are compressed.

If you're using the skin from github, you can just replace the .png file with one of your choosing.
(2014-07-12, 01:36)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]That photo is located here:

If you're using the skin from the XBMC repository, there's no easy way to change it as the textures are compressed.

If you're using the skin from github, you can just replace the .png file with one of your choosing.

Ahh... Indeed I did install from the XBMC repo, that's why I couldn't find it. Got a replacement actor thumb working now after reinstalling from the github repo.
Thanks for the help!

-B
(2014-07-11, 23:31)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]dude, thanks a bunch for that!! that totally fixed any lag in animation Big Grin
Smile

(2014-07-11, 16:53)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Might be better to have a dedicated device just for XBMC usage :-)
Definitely, I have a NUC purely for XBMC running OpenElec, and I couldn't be happier with it. It boots up so quickly, I love it.

(2014-07-11, 19:38)lzep Wrote: [ -> ]Love this skin, one quick question. How do you speed up the default fanart slideshow?

I edited "slideshow_timer" in Includes but that only seems to affect the slideshow when it's using a custom folder of images, not the default slideshow.
The fanart slideshow is using the Fanart Grabber add-on, and it's loaded during startup. In Startup.xml there's this line:

PHP Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.grab.fanart)">RunScript(script.grab.fanart,mode=random,refresh=20)</onload

Editing the value for refresh should control this. However when trying this out myself this would not work. As described here it should also be possible to adjust it in the addon's settings (settings->add-ons->enabled add-ons->services->Grab Fanart), but I just got a blank settings window.

@robweber: if you're reading along, could you shed a light on this?

(2014-07-12, 01:36)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]That photo is located here:

Shouldn't XBMC use any provided uncompressed texture with the same path even if there's one in the .xbt? I believe this used to be the case at least, although that might have been when XBMC was still using .xpr files.
(2014-07-12, 12:43)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]The fanart slideshow is using the Fanart Grabber add-on, and it's loaded during startup.

Is it possible to disable Fanart Grabber? I don't use it as I have my own folder of fanart, so it's loading everytime during startup without use for me. Not that it's a big deal, but maybe the home menu would appear a bit earlier. Cool