Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-21, 21:18)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 18:27)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 18:25)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, thanks for the wonderful skin.

With a friend I'm working on a Ziggo logo set for the PVR part. This includes TV and Radio(!) All logos are 1000x1000 and transparent. Do you have any suggestions for the color of the background? Keeping them transparent makes a lot of logos difficult to see.

Will post the link to the logos soon so all of you Dutch users with Ziggo can enjoy Smile

Did you checked the startpost for the logos? They are already there.

/edit
http://mp-dutch-rtv-logos.googlecode.com...unk/logos/

Yes I have. The logos we collected are larger, all are sized 1000x1000. Some are different and we didn't think the rounded edges of the (semi)gloss logos fitted this skin. We wanted to offer an alternative.
And how would a larger size benefit XBMC? I don't care if you want to invent the wheel again just my 2 cents.
(2014-08-21, 22:48)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 21:18)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 18:27)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you checked the startpost for the logos? They are already there.

/edit
http://mp-dutch-rtv-logos.googlecode.com...unk/logos/

Yes I have. The logos we collected are larger, all are sized 1000x1000. Some are different and we didn't think the rounded edges of the (semi)gloss logos fitted this skin. We wanted to offer an alternative.
And how would a larger size benefit XBMC? I don't care if you want to invent the wheel again just my 2 cents.

If this is the general opinion here about a new set of logos I will not publish them. Sorry to bother you with my work.
(2014-08-22, 09:04)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 21:18)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have. The logos we collected are larger, all are sized 1000x1000. Some are different and we didn't think the rounded edges of the (semi)gloss logos fitted this skin. We wanted to offer an alternative.

If this is the general opinion here about a new set of logos I will not publish them. Sorry to bother you with my work.

Just because one person does not have / see a need for them doesn't mean others will not be able to enjoy your work... You are certainly not bothering anyone.

Although I have to agree that such a large size will not benefit XBMC (keep it at 256*256 max). But providing a choice in style is never wrong. Personally I would not make the background transparent as it can negatively affect readability / visual identification. I would opt for a background color that is suited to that specific logo instead of one global background color.

I would gladly add your logo's to the start post if you choose to release them anyway.
(2014-08-21, 21:18)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have. The logos we collected are larger, all are sized 1000x1000. Some are different and we didn't think the rounded edges of the (semi)gloss logos fitted this skin. We wanted to offer an alternative.

For start, this is my opinion only.
Second, you didn't answer my question about size? I don't see how a larger size (5 times bigger then from link I posted) would benefit, this skin or Kodi in general?
Fine if you want to offer a alternative but how are you planing to host it?
Currently i'm using the logo's from the link i posted previously in TVHeadend using the direct url to the logo's. when a logo change it directly changes in TVHeadend/Skin.
I also could expect to have longer loading times for the logo's your planning to make,
Last, keep doing what your doing now, it's my opinion and my opinion only Wink
(2014-08-22, 09:58)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-21, 22:48)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]And how would a larger size benefit XBMC? I don't care if you want to invent the wheel again just my 2 cents.

Just because one person does not have / see a need for them doesn't mean others will not be able to enjoy your work... You are certainly not bothering anyone.

Although I have to agree that such a large size will not benefit XBMC (keep it at 256*256 max). But providing a choice in style is never wrong. Personally I would not make the background transparent as it can negatively affect readability / visual identification. I would opt for a background color that is suited to that specific logo instead of one global background color.

I would gladly add your logo's to the start post if you choose to release them anyway.

People are free to resize the logos to their need, I just want to offer logos as big as possible. Thanks for the suggestion about the background color.
Great skin!

Only having one issue sofar. The loading time of the widgets fanart.

I have widgets on "Always show" and when i start XBMC, it takes upto 30seconds to show the widget fanart. In these 30seconds the widget screen is black.

Facts:
With Refocus 1.3.3 it is working fine (2sec loading time)
Aeon Nox also has this issue. (slow loading widgets)
I am using a mysql database

In the Refocus settings, i have disabled all the addons but it did not help. In the log i still see it started
(NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting background proc (6.0.11))
I have a how to question.

In my harddisk there is only one main folder for the Tv Shows (c:\series)

I created a new folder in it called "allworldfolder" so c:\series\allworldfolder

i put all of old and foreign series under this.

and I created a new menu Item for main menu called "allworld" and now I want to see these allworld series only under this menu item but I could not do it. How I can point out only these series and how I can unshow these items under ReFocus Tv Shows section?

Thanks in advance

removed151214

(2014-08-25, 16:26)YaPaY Wrote: [ -> ]I have a how to question.

In my harddisk there is only one main folder for the Tv Shows (c:\series)

I created a new folder in it called "allworldfolder" so c:\series\allworldfolder

i put all of old and foreign series under this.

and I created a new menu Item for main menu called "allworld" and now I want to see these allworld series only under this menu item but I could not do it. How I can point out only these series and how I can unshow these items under ReFocus Tv Shows section?

Thanks in advance

This may be simple enough to do without creating custom smart playlists (wiki), and assumes everything is scanned into your library.

"Choose shortcut" -> "Video Library" -> "Sources", then select folders until you get to c:\series\allworldfolder.

Next "Create shortcut to here". You'll then be asked what you want to display. Choose "TV Shows" and a shortcut will be created that will only show tvshows that are within the folder (or its subfolders) that you selected.

You can't "unshow" these items under the TV Shows section. But you can create another shortcut to the same source, but this time select "TV Shows not in this source" when asked what you want to display, which will only show tvshows that are NOT within the folder (or its subfolders) that you selected.
@Unfledged,

many thanks...
I'm having a problem where the Customize Home button no longer responds. If I go under XBMC SETTINGS>reFocus>Customize Menu Items and Widgets, it also won't respond to a button press. The Search button on my Home Menu no longer responds also.

Can I manually edit these or possibly completely delete ReFocus or the offending XML/whatever file and start again? (Oops, it seems my deleting the XML only made the problem worse. I lost my custom menu items and the Customize Home buttons still don't work.)

Occasionally the home menu bar disappears too, but I can get it back by pressing S and clicking Menu Layout a couple times to cycle through and exiting the settings.

I'm running XUbuntu 14.04 and latest XBMC Gotham 13.2. ReFocus 1.4 PR2.

(Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.)

Super skin, BTW! Very clean looking and I love the ability to minimize into my OS. Thanks!!

removed151214

(2014-08-30, 06:01)ChimChim Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem where the Customize Home button no longer responds. If I go under XBMC SETTINGS>reFocus>Customize Menu Items and Widgets, it also won't respond to a button press. The Search button on my Home Menu no longer responds also.

Can I manually edit these or possibly completely delete ReFocus or the offending XML/whatever file and start again? (Oops, it seems my deleting the XML only made the problem worse. I lost my custom menu items and the Customize Home buttons still don't work.)

Can you please post a debug log (wiki) showing you trying to open Customize Menu Items and Widgets, and I'll see what can be done to fix the script involved Smile (out of interest, are you running Android? I've had a couple of reports that the script isn't working on Android/latest XBMC, but no debug logs as yet so there's been nothing I can actually do to try and fix it!)
LOVE reFocus Skin ! Please help me .. How can i hide the 'home screen menu' and pull it back on pressing left ?
Quote:Can you please post a debug log showing you trying to open Customize Menu Items and Widgets, and I'll see what can be done to fix the script involved (out of interest, are you running Android? I've had a couple of reports that the script isn't working on Android/latest XBMC, but no debug logs as yet so there's been nothing I can actually do to try and fix it!)

I said it was latest Gotham 13.2 on Xubuntu 14.04. Fresh build on a N2820 Intel NUC. Unfortunately I'll be away a couple days. I've been having other problems with HDMI killing my tv connection after a period of inactivity, so I might pop out my hhd and try a fresh install with latest OpenELEC. I'm hoping it's more stable than Ubuntu regarding HDMI on the NUC. I'll see what I can do if I have time. thanks for all your awesome work!
Hello! This skin is realy nice but i have a problem Sad. When i select the image of background this is out of focus. Why?

I have OpenELEC 4.0.7 with Gotham.

P.S: sorry for my english
Wahoo, you probably need to select a 1080p or 720p image. I'm guessing your resolution is too low or too high.

I'm scratching my head over this one...

I have CU LRC Lyrics installed. I can't figure out how to view lyrics for songs in this skin. I'm picking popular songs that should have lyrics. Confluence would have had the lyrics pop up in a semitransparent overlay. What view settings do I need to set here? Will they only appear through a certain menu? I checked that I didn't have overlays overridden on Now Playing's settings. I have CU LRC Lyrics set as my default lyrics add-on under Settings>Skin already. I couldn't find mention of this issue anywhere.

(BTW, I ended up switching back to OpenElec due to all the NUC issues. I never got around to dumping the log file. Sorry. Sad )

EDIT: Ah.... Figured it out. If you go the Playing widget screen and then hit Back/Backspace, then you can see the lyrics if they can be loaded.