Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! Tried to install this beautiful skin on my openelec 4.0.7 machine, but it says not compatible! Got anybody an idea how to fix this?
This has to be a sick effing joke...keeps saying dependencies not met in XBMC 13.2 GOTHAM on iPad...wtf
Solved my problem - needed a fresh install without restoring my configuration.
try to install the skin manually so just add it to your xbmc addons folder instead of installing by zip
Is there a fix to the artwork sitting on top of both the proper sized artwork and the summary text in View: List of a series? It doesn't seem dependent on a particular add-on or can happen in my regular library as well.

(And still trying to figure out how to actually see lyrics using the CU LRC add-on... )

Thanks!

(2014-09-14, 14:59)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]try to install the skin manually so just add it to your xbmc addons folder instead of installing by zip

That made zero to no sense. Where are the instructions man!
TheLastOfUs, Just unzip the file and drop it into /storage/.xbmc/addons if you are running OpenElec. Think Linux has a similar path. You may need to SSH into your box to get to the directory with Filezilla or Putty, depending on your setup. Lots and lots of tutorials on that out there.

Wait, I see you're on a touch screen. I think there are only a couple skins out there compatible with touch screens... but I could be wrong. I never installed it on my iPad. You can SSH into an iOS device and see where your add-on directory is.
Apologies kizzer - that worked...but why on earth will it not just install from the Repo man?

Still so weird...but I extracted the skin folder in userdata/add-ons/ folder on my iPad

ChimChim - how come it didnt install through the repo? dont you find that odd?

Actuallyy now trying to go into XBMC on the iPadd it says "unable to build skin menu" - - _ -
Nah... iPad probably doesn't have all the pieces it needs to run. (Thus missing dependencies.) Think there are only a handful of skins made specifically for touch screens. You can't use every skin on every OS.

Search is your friend. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid834846
Yup...uninstalled...touch screen was working...its just that it wasnt able to "build menu"

chim chim you sure?
There are several threads on skins on iPads... Just search. Some work. Some don't. Some will install through repos. Some are not supported, but work... install manually.
damn..i really wanted refocus to work. definitely doesnt. thanks chim
Just an update - I fixed Refocus - very difficult - but it works on iPad now...you have to make sure your folders all have the mobile [501] user and group along with 777 permissions through your SSH client

Thank you!
Also if you get a script error- make sure you have MODULE UNIDECODE
(2014-08-30, 06:01)ChimChim Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem where the Customize Home button no longer responds. If I go under XBMC SETTINGS>reFocus>Customize Menu Items and Widgets, it also won't respond to a button press. The Search button on my Home Menu no longer responds also.

Can I manually edit these or possibly completely delete ReFocus or the offending XML/whatever file and start again? (Oops, it seems my deleting the XML only made the problem worse. I lost my custom menu items and the Customize Home buttons still don't work.)

Occasionally the home menu bar disappears too, but I can get it back by pressing S and clicking Menu Layout a couple times to cycle through and exiting the settings.

I'm running XUbuntu 14.04 and latest XBMC Gotham 13.2. ReFocus 1.4 PR2.

(Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.)

Super skin, BTW! Very clean looking and I love the ability to minimize into my OS. Thanks!!

I have the exact same issue. I try to remove some home menu items and the Okay button doesn't do anything. Here is the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=295508