Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote Control - IR+RF 2.4 GHz+Backlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm looking for quite some time now for a remote control for my XBMC that will have 4 main features:
1. RF 2.4 GHz - To control my HTPC with media buttons, like wireless keyboard with media buttons.
2. IR learning function to control various appliance, like power on/off my TV for example.
3. Back light when pressing any button.
4. I don't need Keyboard/Mouse capabilities.

It definitely wouldn't hurt if it will look good to fit the living room.

I couldn't find any RC that will meet this 4 main requirements.

The closest I could find is this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-PC-T...33243.html
The major drawback I find in this RC is the integrated keyboard which makes it too big and not so nice.

Does anyone have any good suggestion?
BTW, I don't want to use any smartphone app, so that's not an option.
Well then you won't like my idea... Was thinking about this myself, the Android app works great. The only way sue is turning on the computer, stereo and the TV. It would be terrific if that was possible with a push of a button.
One app that could do all of it, like the Samsung Galaxy s4 has a IR... US it some how.

Just saying... Giving some ideas to you nifty coders out there... ;-)
Thanks for your reply. But still, no app for me Smile
Actually I do have Yatse in my Nexus, it is a nice app, very well designed.
But I just don't like the dependency on my phone, not to mention that it is not functional for other usages while using it as remote and if I do want to use it for other things I have to push too many buttons in order to return it to be a remote.

Anyway, I gave up the RF control and then a whole world of universal remotes was opened for me.
I ordered this remote with backlight and 4 devices control, including combo usage (I can control a few devices while in one mode) and a very reasonable price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1321446029
You need to look into this remote. I have it and absolutely love it. Its a very high qulaity piece of hardware with a Logitech harmony feeling. It does require extra software and configuration but I figured it out about 90% on Windows. If you're rocking linux then there is a wiki page and the above link should help you to configure it.

Hope the remote you go works for you

Happy clicking