Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple instances of tv shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently upgraded my media server, old server had multiple disks which were mounted on /mnt/foo1, /mnt/foo2 etc. via NFS in Ubuntu 13.10. I'm using Frodo 12.3 and I had all my content mapped as if the media was located locally in fstab.

My new server has just one raid partition, however I thought I would convert my library to a mySQL database. So I've exported /mnt/bar as a samba share which is on a headless debian wheezy box.

Within XBMC I exported the library as a single file and then opended the xml file and replaced all instances of the /mnt/foo1, /mnt/foo2 ... with the smb://192.168.1.x/bar. I can then re import my library using that file.

I've deleted the multiple NFS library sources to the old server and recreated them with a singular samba reference to the new library. This is fine for most of my content, however some shows are now appearing twice like so;

smb://192.168.1.x/bar/tv_show.mkv
smb://foo/bar/tv_show.mkv

I can add the smb://foo/bar as a new source and then delete that source and when it prompts to clean the db I just click yes and it removes them all.

But then when I rescan the db for updated shows it adds some and only some of them back in again? And a lot of new content is being added twice. However when sickbeard updates my library only one instance using the private ip address is added.

Any thoughts as to why? Would the log be of use? I've checked and I haven't seen anything of interest.

Thank you for your time to read my post.
OK, heres my log file it starts scanning my sources at 14:29:33 and at 14:29:52 it starts scanning the local dns name, but I can't see what has told it to do so.

Can anyone else see?
Why not just leave the named source there? That is what DNS is for.

EDIT: I mean and just get rid of the 192.168. etc bullshit.
Because I've been led to believe that this conflicts with mySQL. As not all machine will be able to resolve the DNS.

Am I wrong?
if DNS works on your LAN,you will be fine.