Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to auto run a video plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Firstly I would just like to point out I am new to all this and I am not sure if I have given enough info or not on the setup. My apologies if I have not. I really just want to know if it is possible to start an addon automatically when xbmc starts?

Not sure if this is in the right place or not but I am trying to get a video plugin to start automatically when xbmc starts. I am using a Jynxbox M1 with a XBMCbuntu. I have tried using autoexec.py to get the video plugin to start but I get a script error using this code and a couple of variations of it:

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(plugin.video.ntv)')

I have also read that you can use addon.xml to use <extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="startup"> but I am not sure is it the addon.xml file found within the plugin that you need to edit to start or is there a different addon.xml file that you need edit? I tried doing this by extracting the video plugin zip file making the change to addon.xml there and compressing again. I install video plugin again no problem but it doesn't start when xbmc starts.

Lastly I have also read that you can use an onload command in Home.xml to get a plugin to start but I haven't been able to do this because it is read only so I can't make any changes.

Sorry for the long post but does anybody know what to do to get this to work?

Thanks

John