Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Raspbmc Plug'N Play RetroPlayer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, I'm a scrub but, I have managed to fumble my way through tweaking out a raspberry pi with XBMC and iStream, making a pretty snazzy media box. I found this project and I am very intrigued.

Most of the technical jargon I have read is way over my head. I was wondering if there is a simple set of instructions or perferably a repo that I can add to the raspbmc sources that would contain a wizard installer of sorts. Something we simpletons can manage.

I also had another thought... I use the XBMC remote control app on my phone to flip through movies and tv shows. That app has a typical button layout, a keyboard that pops up, and a neat gesture mode... Wouldn't it be cool if it also had a "controller mode?"
Hi luppercut,

our user Tuxity is working on getting RetroPlayer working with the Pi. I think he's trying to add retroplayer to Raspbian, but IMO I prefer openelec (tho i don't have a pi yet). I haven't checked in with him recently, but I don't think much progress has been made so far.

I'm working on adding more platforms to RetroPlayer. soon I'll have an OS X version, and after that Android will probably be my next target. Depending on how much help ppl need porting to RPi, however, I may prioritize that over android.

RetroPlayer relies on xbmc's existing input layer, so anything that can send input to xbmc (tv remotes, iphone/android apps, controllers, etc) can be used to control games.
Thanks for info. Where can I watch for updates on the progress of the raspbmc version of retroplayer?
(2014-04-12, 23:09)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Hi luppercut,

our user Tuxity is working on getting RetroPlayer working with the Pi. I think he's trying to add retroplayer to Raspbian, but IMO I prefer openelec (tho i don't have a pi yet). I haven't checked in with him recently, but I don't think much progress has been made so far.

I'm working on adding more platforms to RetroPlayer. soon I'll have an OS X version, and after that Android will probably be my next target. Depending on how much help ppl need porting to RPi, however, I may prioritize that over android.

RetroPlayer relies on xbmc's existing input layer, so anything that can send input to xbmc (tv remotes, iphone/android apps, controllers, etc) can be used to control games.

Very excited about the future Android release.
Hi here,

Yes I'm trying todo an apt repository of garbear work for architecture i386, amd64 and armhf but crosscompilation is kinda hard and I don't have a lot of time to really work on it. And when it's not a cross compilation problem it's a package problem. wsnipex help me a bit with that but he doesn't have so much time for me too.

Don't worry I'll keep you inform when it's ready, (I'm becoming a pro of xbmc compilation now Wink)