Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying To Sync Library on Windows PC with RaspBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have attempted to follow the instructions on the XBMC wiki to use MySql to sync my library on the Raspberry Pi with my library on my PC but I have failed.
I have a few questions.

1) My first question is about the different XBMC versions. The instructions say to make sure you're running the same version but my Pi is running XBMC 12.2 and the PC is on 12.3. I set RaspBMC to update and even SSH into it to force the update but it's still stuck on version 12.2. What am I doing wrong?

2) I thought maybe I could get it to work despite the different versions. I have my library exported in separate files and one file sitting in my videos folder on the PC and RaspBMC can see it when I go into files, but when I go into settings to import the library it only gives me the option to import from the Raspberry Pi. Shouldn't I have the opportunity to look at my network to import the library?

I apologize if these questions have already been answered and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you!
1) 12.2 to 12.3 will work fine. You only need to be on the same major version. The different bugfix versions are compatible with each other.

2) You shouldn't go into settings to import the library. Look at the MySQL (wiki) guide on the wiki again and you'll see it says to set it up as if it were a new library. When XBMC scans the "new" library in it will use the previously exported data, creating an identical library on the MySQL server.
Thank you for your reply. Do I need to do anything in MySQL beyond what is mentioned in the initial setup?
Also, I tried it with the newest version of MySQL. Is the guide correct in recommending to use MySQL 5.5?