Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Hang - Audio Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been setting up my HTPC over the last month or so using a spare TV. Everything was working fine until after I moved the HTPC to my living room and integrated it into my set up.

Setup:
Panasonic TC-P55ST60 Plasma
Onyoko TX-SR313 AV Reciever
Vintage Mirage speakers - 3.1 setup

Since the move every time I try to :
a. start a video/movie
b. adjust my audio settings
c. exit

XBMC hangs - giving me choice but to force-quit. (see log: http://pastebin.com/PWyb0dev) http://pastebin.com/index

My HTPC is running:
1 Win7 64bit (service pack1)
2 i3-4130 (3.4ghz), 8gb RAM - 64bit (ECS H87H3-TI mobo)
3 Intel HD Graphics 4400
4 Intel® Display Audio (6.16.0.3131)
5 Realtek High Definition Audio (6.0.1.6909)
6 XBMC 12.3 with PowerDVD

I suspect it has to do with my AV Receiver being recognized by my PC (and the Intel Display Audio driver) - here's why:

When I initially hooked it all up it was working fine - audio et al. However I shut down my AV receiver in order to reconnect a speaker, when I turned the AV Receiver back on I had no audio. So I rebooted, then XBMC started to hang on playback, exit and when I tried to change my XBMC audio settings.

Out of XBMC, the audio works fine - once I kickstart it by running a youtube or server-stored audio - which is strange, on a clean boot I get no audio from testing the speakers until I run a video.

I've followed advice I found on the forum on similar issues, my drivers are up to date (yet on 6 of 8 codecs are supported). I've tried to force my HTPC to use the Realtek drivers but it's no good- I get no audio out from the HDMI. And I'd love to change my XBMC audio setting, but every time I try it hangs.

I'm open to suggestions - I have no idea why to try next.

Be seeing you,

Aberto2k
Try intel audio instead of realtek. Also you should always start the avr before launching xbmc.
Nope, turning on the AVR before the HTPC didn't help - and I'm already using the intel audio drivers.

I noticed that PowerDVD and VLC were also not outputting audio especially from MKV files so based on a few forum posts I downloaded and installed Sharks007 codec packs.

I think it made things worse - now MediaPlayer can't play any video and I'm not further along.

I'm gonna leave it for tonight and sleep on it.

I may just start over with a clean install on Win7 and get the audio to work before installing XBMC.

Ugh - a month of work down the tubes.

Aberto2k
Some LEDTV and AVR HDMI CEC options for ARC don't coexist very well, you can do as following to disable it-

Audio TV Out - set it to Off
HDMI Control (RIHD) - set it to Off