Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fresh install of xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to wipe xbmc and start a fresh because of glitch in scraping about 12 albums I have. I have uninstalled and started again but the problem persists. I installed xbmc on a new PC and the problem doesn't exist. Is there something else that needs to be removed from the PC other than xbmc and the profile for a complete restart?
You would need to clean your userdata (wiki) folder.

Issues with scraping albums should be solved by simply fixing the ID3 tags in the files. After that clean and update the library and they should fix themselves there
No, that covers it, but I would look more closely at the 12 albums that are not scraping. Are they tagged correctly? Do you have corrupt or invalid .nfos for these albums? Are they in the same directories as the rest of your content?

Also, there is an program called Revo Uninstaller that I use for uninstalls. It scans the registry and directories for leftover files that standard uninstallers may not catch. Works great.
(2014-04-15, 11:10)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]No, that covers it, but I would look more closely at the 12 albums that are not scraping. Are they tagged correctly? Do you have corrupt or invalid .nfos for these albums? Are they in the same directories as the rest of your content?

Also, there is an program called Revo Uninstaller that I use for uninstalls. It scans the registry and directories for leftover files that standard uninstallers may not catch. Works great.
Thanks for the advice, the problem I have with these 12 albums is it is stuffing up the artist names. Sometimes I get double or even triple the artist names. For example an artist called "Coverdale/Page" come out as "Coverdale/Page/Coverdale/Page" I have different tagging programs, the latest is the latest Musicbrainz Picard but no luck.
Ah, multiple artist albums can sometimes be troublesome. Perhaps you go in and manually set the tags? This should rectify tagging issues. You can choose the folder of the troublesome album and then set the scraper to local info only, and then it won't seek info from the internet. It will use local tags only. I haven't used Picard for manual tagging, I use mp3tag, and it's real easy to enter manual tags.
(2014-04-15, 11:42)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, multiple artist albums can sometimes be troublesome. Perhaps you go in and manually set the tags? This should rectify tagging issues. You can choose the folder of the troublesome album and then set the scraper to local info only, and then it won't seek info from the internet. It will use local tags only. I haven't used Picard for manual tagging, I use mp3tag, and it's real easy to enter manual tags.

Thanks I will consider that, if what I'm doing now fails. I have wiped everything and am scraping my music via confluence skin. So far so good.
(2014-04-15, 11:49)bolter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 11:42)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, multiple artist albums can sometimes be troublesome. Perhaps you go in and manually set the tags? This should rectify tagging issues. You can choose the folder of the troublesome album and then set the scraper to local info only, and then it won't seek info from the internet. It will use local tags only. I haven't used Picard for manual tagging, I use mp3tag, and it's real easy to enter manual tags.

Thanks I will consider that, if what I'm doing now fails. I have wiped everything and am scraping my music via confluence skin. So far so good.

Everything went fine until I checked album info, it then when and changed the artist name. So looks like I will trying your advice.

Thanks for the suggestions.
(2014-04-15, 12:56)bolter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 11:49)bolter Wrote: [ -> ]

Everything went fine until I checked album info, it then when and changed the artist name. So looks like I will trying your advice.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm having a bit of success now with my album, but have noticed that the musicbrainz tags override the NFO file so I had to delete them for the NFO file to work. But anyway, all is good.

Thanks again.