Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-10-21, 20:14)kieranc Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, hifiberry doesn't work with #1020

Pastebin.com/P6jqJ0mZ

Thanks, unfortunately I don't know the cause, or have a solution. You'll need to contact Hifiberry and let them know there's a problem with their hardware and the 3.17.y kernel and maybe they can offer a solution - it looks like they only support OpenELEC up to v4.1.6, and Helix/OE5 with the very latest kernel may not even be on their radar (although it probably should be).

It's quite possibly a conflicting or missing kernel option (current kernel options), but I'm sure they can work it out - sadly it's beyond my ken.
I have a iso-file, dvd-rip, with no menu. It does not start playing when it is located on my nfs or smb-share, but when I play it located on a USB-pin (ntfs) it starts playing. Others iso plays smoothly.

The log-file can be downloaded here

Edit: Build #1018 plays it, #1019 to 1023 does not.

Edit:
I did a random check on my iso's.

build #1019 to 1023: Some but not all with no menus does not start playing. All of those I checked with menus played well.

Build #1018: all seems to play fine
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1021
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Tue Oct 21 21:02:33 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141021210121-r19445-g75e8cd3 [Build #1021]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (75e8cd34, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (96f3d33f, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5416: added: POC mp4 movie/episode tag support
  • Includes PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC Kodi rebranding
  2. Updated xbmc-pvr-addons master (changelog)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc: move to package 'kodi'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-theme-Confluence: move to package 'kodi-theme-Confluence'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-flac: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-flac'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-lame: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-lame'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-vorbis: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-vorbis'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-wav: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-wav'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-addon-xvdr: move to package 'kodi-addon-xvdr'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-pvr-addons: move to package 'kodi-pvr-addons'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] mediacenter: move package depends
    • kodi-audioencoder-flac: update to kodi-audioencoder-flac-84bdf32
    • kodi-audioencoder-lame: update to kodi-audioencoder-lame-90fb99b
    • kodi-audioencoder-vorbis: update to kodi-audioencoder-vorbis-a73ef7e
    • kodi-audioencoder-wav: update to kodi-audioencoder-wav-b28ab95
    • kodi-pvr-addons: update to kodi-pvr-addons-067befe
    • linux: add upstream patch
    • [xbmc-rebrand] scripts/image: rename XBMC comments to 'Kodi'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] config/functions: rename XBMC comments to 'Kodi'
  2. XBMC:
    • dxva: fix selection of render target format (PR:5531, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] fix running XBMC with custom home directory (PR:5542, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Confluence fixes (PR:5546, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [pvr] fix toggle between previous and next channel (PR:5528, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [rebrand] - fixed some labels from strings.po files (PR:5548, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Popcornmix could you revert "Revert "hack: revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid"" or look at sample at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1805635 If i can assist by testing or uploading other samples...
hi there, since version #1020 and #1021 the addon openelecdevupdate stop working, this is my log

05:21:53 47201.980469 T:2675962960 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
05:21:53 47202.234375 T:2675962960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named bs4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/service.py", line 12, in <module>
from resources.lib import builds
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/resources/lib/builds.py", line 10, in <module>
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup, SoupStrainer
ImportError: No module named bs4
-->End of Python script error report<--

maybe you can fix this...
rgds
(2014-10-22, 09:42)platin Wrote: [ -> ]hi there, since version #1020 and #1021 the addon openelecdevupdate stop working, this is my log

05:21:53 47201.980469 T:2675962960 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
05:21:53 47202.234375 T:2675962960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named bs4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/service.py", line 12, in <module>
from resources.lib import builds
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/resources/lib/builds.py", line 10, in <module>
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup, SoupStrainer
ImportError: No module named bs4
-->End of Python script error report<--

maybe you can fix this...
rgds
Can you upload a full debug log to xbmclogs.com and post the link. It seems like a problem with the python path, so probably not an issue with the add-on itself.
(2014-10-22, 11:26)Leopold Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-22, 09:42)platin Wrote: [ -> ]hi there, since version #1020 and #1021 the addon openelecdevupdate stop working, this is my log
Can you upload a full debug log to xbmclogs.com and post the link. It seems like a problem with the python path, so probably not an issue with the add-on itself.

here´s my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324451
(2014-10-22, 12:08)platin Wrote: [ -> ]here´s my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324451

That's not a debug log, plus it's a log from #1019 when you say the problem starts with #1020/#1021. Please upload a full debug log from #1021, and include the error when calling the addon.
this is very weird, iam with #1021 and after i send the log it still on #1019

ok, now i figured it out

log from #1020

this is the right way?
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324470
(2014-10-22, 12:23)platin Wrote: [ -> ]this is very weird, iam with #1021 and after i send the log it still on #1019

After the rebranding, the log is now called kodi.log (from #1020/#1021 onwards) - you're uploading your old log from #1019 which is when the log was last called xbmc.log. Maybe there needs to be a symbolic link from xbmc.log to kodi.log.

I've just installed the OpenELEC Dev Update addon from github (sha:9b1d605e, install from zip) and configured it to use my folder as the Source URL (ie. "MilhouseVH Builds (RPI)") with everything else left as default, and it fails while looking for "/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin" which no longer exists (it''s now "/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin").

Haven't been able to reproduce any BS4 failure.

Debug log: http://sprunge.us/hCLO
ok, thanks for your support my previous post has the right log from kodi
(2014-10-21, 20:29)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-21, 20:14)kieranc Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, hifiberry doesn't work with #1020

Pastebin.com/P6jqJ0mZ

Thanks, unfortunately I don't know the cause, or have a solution. You'll need to contact Hifiberry and let them know there's a problem with their hardware and the 3.17.y kernel and maybe they can offer a solution - it looks like they only support OpenELEC up to v4.1.6, and Helix/OE5 with the very latest kernel may not even be on their radar (although it probably should be).

It's quite possibly a conflicting or missing kernel option (current kernel options), but I'm sure they can work it out - sadly it's beyond my ken.
Well, I've tried speaking to the hifiberry devs (dev?) but he seems unwilling to accept that it's a problem, or his problem.
Can anyone speculate as to when 3.17 is likely to be used on a general-release openelec build? Days, weeks months?
(2014-10-22, 17:09)kieranc Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've tried speaking to the hifiberry devs (dev?) but he seems unwilling to accept that it's a problem, or his problem.
Can anyone speculate as to when 3.17 is likely to be used on a general-release openelec build? Days, weeks months?

The Helix OE stable release will be on at least 3.17.
Hard to say exactly when that will happen, but I think by the end of the year is the approximate timescale.
(2014-10-22, 17:09)kieranc Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've tried speaking to the hifiberry devs (dev?) but he seems unwilling to accept that it's a problem, or his problem.

That's an unfortunate response, to put it mildly. Glad I haven't invested any money with that company.
Does anyone have problems with subtitles? Here videos stutter every 20-30 seconds.