Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it started maybe about 2 weeks ago. Before that this never happended. I will try to reproduce this somehow. But it sometimes happens hours after i turn off the tv. When I turn the TV back on, the Pi is no longer in suspend mode. Maybe that's a clue?
I've noticed that a sleeping Pi (virtual suspend) will wake up for no apparent reason (no user input). I've only seen it happen 2-3 times though (that's not to say it hasn't happened more often). Is this what could be the problem?
(2014-08-11, 16:25)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that a sleeping Pi (virtual suspend) will wake up for no apparent reason (no user input). I've only seen it happen 2-3 times though (that's not to say it hasn't happened more often). Is this what could be the problem?

Sounds like it. I wouldn't even mind this behaviour if my TV wouldn't turn back on again...
(2014-08-11, 16:27)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it. I wouldn't even mind this behaviour if my TV wouldn't turn back on again...

Have you been thorugh options in settings/system/input/peripherls/CEC devices?

Perhaps disable "wake devices when deactivating screensaver".
If that doesn't do it, try disabling the active and inactive source options.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0811
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.0 #1 PREEMPT Mon Aug 11 20:59:45 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  6 2014 17:51:37
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140811205832-r18944-gf49048a

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (f49048a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (bdf3904, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [android] Initial Android TV support (PR:5083, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Make it easier to rebrand from a single file (PR:5175, 3 commits, 11 files changed)
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0811b

Same as build #0811, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0809c:
  • [omxrenderer] Fixes for stereo modes and rotated video
  • [omxplayer] Don't propagate 3d flags based on supported 3d modes
  • [graphics] Don't set stereo mode based on resolution
  • [graphics] Allow switching to a more suitable 3D resolution
  • [3D] Support switching to 3D resolutions
  • [graphics] Make pixel ratio for 3d modes consistent
  • filesystem: Make support of browsing into archives optional
  • confluence: Remove media-overlay.jpg for when video is backgrounded
(2014-08-11, 16:27)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-11, 16:25)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that a sleeping Pi (virtual suspend) will wake up for no apparent reason (no user input). I've only seen it happen 2-3 times though (that's not to say it hasn't happened more often). Is this what could be the problem?

Sounds like it. I wouldn't even mind this behaviour if my TV wouldn't turn back on again...

Same here, usually at night :-)
One other thing I've just remembered when the Pi unexpectedly wakes, is that the screensaver (in my case, Dim) is not deactivated, as would normally be the case if keyboard/remote input had woken the Pi. Somehow the "wake" event is firing and re-enabling HDMI etc., yet the screensaver remains active so the screen is still dim until user input deactivates the screensaver.
(2014-08-11, 15:55)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]Lately my TV turns itself on even though I turned this behaviour off in the CEC-Settings.
This happens mostly when I am not at home or at night, so it's a little difficult to provide a debug-log.

In config.txt is your IGNORE_HDMI_CEC_INIT set to 0?
Disabling the CEC Setting "wake devices when deactivating screensaver" doesn't change a thing. The TV turned itself on again this night.
I don't know about "IGNORE_HDMI_CEC_INIT". I will check it when i come home. Will this help when set to 0?
I know how much the dev like mySQL, I'm getting a videoDB upgrade issue when going beyond v79 (which includes the dreadful multi series issue):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201785

Is there a fix or an alternate DB that XBMC can use to replace mySQLHuh

Thanks
(2014-08-12, 08:49)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about "IGNORE_HDMI_CEC_INIT". I will check it when i come home. Will this help when set to 0?

No. It only affects what happens on boot.
(2014-08-12, 15:04)goRt Wrote: [ -> ]I know how much the dev like mySQL, I'm getting a videoDB upgrade issue when going beyond v79 (which includes the dreadful multi series issue):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201785

Is there a fix or an alternate DB that XBMC can use to replace mySQLHuh

Thanks

Replied in your other thread, this looks more like a server rather than application issue.
@popcornmix: Just testing #0811b with YouTube videos, and I've noticed that after playing a YouTube video the GUI sounds are gone. Doesn't seem to be a problem for #0811.

To reproduce: Enable all acceleration. Open the YouTube Addon, play a video for a short while (just a few seconds), stop the video, and confirm you still have GUI sounds.

I don't see any errors in the log, let me know if you can't reproduce and need a debug log.
@popcornmix: Just testing #0811b and after playing a video, the GUI sounds are gone. Doesn't seem to be a problem for #0811.

To reproduce: Enable all acceleration. Play any video (local - eg. 1080p/h264/mkv - or YouTube) for a short while (just a few seconds), stop the video, and confirm you still have GUI sounds.

debug log - after stopping the movie at 15:54:53 there are no GUI sounds.