Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-19, 00:14)xeeee Wrote: [ -> ]OK, tested

4.0.7 works fine
4.1.4 is broken

I was using a mid july build, so I don't really know the last working build.
I'm going to test other build.

Thanks. It would help if you can identify the build where the break occurs, although this will need to be addressed upstream by OpenELEC if it's in 4.1.4 (which is due for release any day now).
(2014-08-18, 23:32)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]No new build tonight, there's only been minor changes in the last 24 hours so it's not worth the upload.

It would be good to get some feedback on the new SD card driver introduced in build #0815, if only to confirm that some of you have enabled it (it's not enabled by default) and have experienced no problems. See build #0815 for details.

Just a quick query. Is there likely to be any gain by those of us using a USB /storage or is this going to be useful for those running all from sdcard
(2014-08-19, 00:19)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. It would help if you can identify the build where the break occurs, although this will need to be addressed upstream by OpenELEC if it's in 4.1.4 (which is due for release any day now).

Humm... I was testing the older builds, when the build 18733 from 14 July 2014 messed the SD card.
I had to format the SD card, installed the 4.0.7, update to #0817b and now it's working fine.

I've also tested again the 4.1.4 and it's fine. Confused
(2014-08-18, 23:32)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good to get some feedback on the new SD card driver introduced in build #0815, if only to confirm that some of you have enabled it (it's not enabled by default) and have experienced no problems.

I'm using it and there is no problem with 'SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I' sdcard.
(2014-08-19, 08:20)slack3r Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using it and there is no problem with 'SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I' sdcard.

Thanks for reporting.
(2014-08-19, 12:26)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-19, 08:20)slack3r Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using it and there is no problem with 'SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I' sdcard.

Thanks for reporting.

I'm also using it with a Noobs 8GB and no problems.
O.k - now for more comments about 'live tv' Smile

First popcornmix, I am sorry I haven.t got back to you regarding audio/video sync on live tv.
At the moment it seems o.k

However, I would appreciate any feedback from other live tv people, because at the moment, it seems to be going backward a bit.
On the newer helix builds ( newclock3/4) the channel change is a lot slower than before.
I can live with that though - but - The dreaded 'blank screen' seems to have reared its ugly head again?
You know - the one where , after calling up a blank screen channel, if you press stop on the channel , you get what looks like a single frame of the video?
It doesn't do it on all channels just some.
I rolled back to an early official build and it works fine.
I use the latest VDR.
This is consistently repeatable on certain channels - would a log of a ''non-working'' channel change and a log of a ''working' channel change be at all helpful?

Many thanks for the great work

Keith
(2014-08-19, 14:55)Dimitriss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-19, 12:26)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for reporting.

I'm also using it with a Noobs 8GB and no problems.

Using with a Samsung uhs-I micro SD and all seems well. Can't really see any difference but I only have system on the card.
(2014-08-19, 16:31)pootler Wrote: [ -> ]This is consistently repeatable on certain channels - would a log of a ''non-working'' channel change and a log of a ''working' channel change be at all helpful?

Possibly, but it depends what is in there. Certainly a log might indicate the problem (whereas no log will not indicate the problem).
If you can catch any bad behaviour from a recorded file that you can get to me, then there's a much better chance of a fix.

It's possible the next newclock4 build could help due to this.
The new SD Card driver will be made the default in tonights builds, you'll still have the option to disable in cmdline.txt.
Hello guys..just happened to past by these forum...any benefits of these openelec builds...any difference on the original one..as im running openelec on my rpi now..Huhis this just for test builds ?? Thanks.
Not sure what you are referring to as "the original one" but these are Helix builds, not Gotham, and contain several improvements such as a more recent ffmpeg, plus (in theory) better database performance during scrapes and updates. Also on the newclock4 builds there is no longer a distinction between omxplayer and dvdplayer, so more media should play correctly without you having to choose the appropriate player. A summarised changelog is in the first post (against each release), drill down into the release posts for full details.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0819
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Tue Aug 19 20:49:12 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 12 2014 18:21:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f32b2bbfdea55d48c9a52b92e5c798f9aa5f47bc (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140819204759-r19038-gfd36711 [Build #0819]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fd367117, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0e9a8f7f, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5244: [UX] keymap fixes - don't overload pause action with something else
  • Includes PR5245: [UX] consistent playback behavior for music and video
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
  2. New SD card MMC driver is now enabled by default. To disable, add "bcm2708.bcm2835_mmc=0" to /flash/cmdline.txt.
  3. PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  4. PR5244: [UX] keymap fixes - don't overload pause action with something else
  5. PR5245: [UX] consistent playback behavior for music and video
  6. PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • unofficial: update repo description
    • unofficial: also update changelog
  2. XBMC:
    • dvdplayer: fix incorrect display of audio channels (PR:5079, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [log] Thumbnail extraction of Blu-rays is not supported. (PR:5239, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [log] Remove unnecessary message about closing files. (PR:5238, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Remove default joystick and linux disable of gamepad override (PR:4869, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Add linebreak between cpu and videoclock info - fixes trac#15389 (PR:5234, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [atv2/packaging] - fix cp error when installing on old ios4.2 versions (PR:5241, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FIX: [droid] fixup preventing closing when removing keyboard with touchpad (PR:5190, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock3:
    • squash to 27e84a0
    • [omxplayer] Don't flush queued data on general reset
    • [dvdplayer] Allow UpdateCorrection to handle audio and video jumping asynchronously
    • ADD: Freescale i.MX6 h/w codec
    • ADD: [imx] native framebuffer support
  4. kernel 3.16.y:
    • dmaengine: expand functionality by supporting scatter/gather transfers sdhci-bcm2708 and dma.c: fix for LITE channels
    • MMC: added alternative MMC driver
    • turn on new MMC driver
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0819b

Same as build #0819, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0817b:
  • [omxplayer] Merge in latest dvdplayer changes
  • [omxplayer] Rework trickplay to reduce changes to dvdplayer
  • omxplayer: Reset codec on flush to stop a stale timestamp from being returned
  • [omxplayer] Don't flush queued data on general reset
  • [dvdplayer] Allow UpdateCorrection to handle audio and video jumping asynchronously
  • rbp: Use new dispmanx function for vsync callbacks
  • Revert "rbp: Use new dispmanx function for vsync callbacks"
  • omxrenderer: Enable the RenderCapture interface
Regarding Experimental newclock4 build : #0819b (maybe also #0817b)

Cannot play iso or img movies, but plays mkv's and avi's. When a iso/img movie is stated the cpu usage is 100% and stays there. The movie does not start, but i am able to navigate in XBMC and reboot the pi.

EDIT: Same problem with VIDEO_TS

The mpg2 key in in /flash/config.txt is correct.

I do not have this problem with build #0815b

I will upload a debug log if needed.