Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: <onright> in group control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's something I find odd about the <right> positioning.

If I use the following:

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
    <
width>256</width>
    <
height>99</height>
    <
control type="image">
        <
right>25</right>
        <
bottom>25</bottom>
        <
width>256</width>
        <
height>99</height>
        <
texture>sometexture.png</texture>
    </
control>
        <
control type="label">
        <
right>25</right>
        <
bottom>25</bottom>
        <
width>256</width>
        <
label>some text</label>
    </
control>
</
control

All works like expected, both the image and the label show up in the bottom right corner of the screen at the desired coordinates.

However, when I move the coordinates to the group control:

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
    <
right>25</right>
    <
bottom>25</bottom>
    <
width>256</width>
    <
height>99</height>
        <
control type="image">
        <
width>256</width>
        <
height>99</height>
        <
texture>sometexture.png</texture>
    </
control>
    <
control type="label">
        <
width>256</width>
        <
label>some text</label>
    </
control>
</
control

the controls are placed in the bottom left of the screen as if ignoring the <right>

The results should be the same right?
What build are you using because it's the opposite for me?

As for the reason it's the way it is for me - it's because without the co-ordinates in the group they are assumed to be 0,0 and the controls inside it are measured from the right/bottom edges - position 256,99. When they're in the group they're measured from the left/top edges - position 281r,124r.
I just updated to today's build, but I was using a build that wasn't older than a week or so. Not sure which one.

It's probably just me, but I still think it's a bit odd. I feel this should be measured in the same way, and unless specified (further) in the controls inside the group they should inherit what the group is set to?
Top, left image/label is without group co-ordinates so they either taken from a parent group or in this case assumed to be 0,0 - so the image and label's right and bottom edges are measured from the right and bottom edge of the group respectively.

Bottom, right image/label is with group co-ordinates so the group's right and bottom edges are measured from the right and bottom of the screen respectively - so the image and label's co-ordinates are taken from the group's left/top corner.

Ah, I get you mean now, thanks Hitcher