Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recompile APk file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i am trying to preinstall a few plugins like youtube and others and recompile it. however the plugin fails.

i decompile the apk file using APK-Multi-Tool
and then I unzip the plugin and put them inside .assets/addons/
and then i compile and sign it.

it installs fine and start up fine, but addons dont work. Sad

I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.
pack/repack != compile/recompile Smile
Yeah, i did not know it was that easy.

Davilla, if i change my screen size from 4;3 to 16:9

which file save this information ?
not a clue, you would have to dig into your android firmware. XBMC just takes what android gives it.
No in XBMC i can add shortcut for my addons + i can change the screen size (xbmc -> system -> video -> playback -> Display 4:3 video as -> 16:9

these settings must be saved in xbmc somewhere.. just trying to figure out where its saved ?
find / -name guisettings.xml
The addons work, however i notice uninstall button is not active. i tried to do a force refresh but did not help. I guess when u add add-ons manually u cant uninstall them through xbmc.
(2014-04-16, 20:15)nero12 Wrote: [ -> ]The addons work, however i notice uninstall button is not active. i tried to do a force refresh but did not help. I guess when u add add-ons manually u cant uninstall them through xbmc.

Correct
Martijn, I installed repository manually also. Will it auto update new plugin releases ?
(2014-04-16, 20:39)nero12 Wrote: [ -> ]Martijn, I installed repository manually also. Will it auto update new plugin releases ?

Yes
(2014-04-16, 18:25)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]pack/repack != compile/recompile Smile

(2014-04-16, 18:25)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]pack/repack != compile/recompile Smile

Hi there, great forum Smile Can someone please tell me what this means? I am in the same predicament. I am trying to create an XBMC Gotham 13.1 customised apk with just a few addons in it. I am using Apk multi tool. I have successfully decompiled, added the addons and then compiled and signed. App installs fine but none of the add ons work.

i keep getting script errors. similat to the initial person who started this thread. i have been trying very hard for about 6 weeks to get this task completed and nearly gave up until i found this thread.

Seems like the solution to my problem. however i am new to creating a custom xbmc. what does compile/recompile mean? My custom apk is already compiled and signed, didn 't think i could compile and recompile it.

any help advice much appreciated, sorry for asking a newbie question.
search google for apktool this is the best tool, there is a youtube video with instructions also

now, u must ONLY copy paste the repo and the addon package. NOTHING else.
if you need to change anything else do them 1 at the time. zip and test it, because its very sensitive.
Hiya there,

Thanks for replying, much appreciated Smile

I am already using Apktool.

1. I have downloaded XBMC Gotham 13.1 apk.
2. I used Apktool to decompile it (option 9)
3. I unzipped and added 1 Video Addon in.assets/addons/
4. I compiled (option 12) and signed with Apktool (option 13)
5. My APK installs fine

But

My Video Addon doesn't work and any I download and install from the official XBMC repository install ok but don't work either. I keep getting script errors.

I believe you had the exact same issue as me a few months back. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to get it to work?

Davilla mentioned: pack/repack != compile/recompile (sorry I don't know what that means)

Currently my apk installs but no addons work, below is the options in my version of APKTools. What do i need to do? Thanks sooooo much in advance Smile

APK tools screenshot
The tool you mention does not work for me either.

use this one:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v9qHC...sp=sharing
Thank you kind sir, I will try this and report back. Smile
Pages: 1 2