Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-22, 17:32)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-22, 08:11)CalgonRah Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to use the widget function in aeon nox to open a certain Super Favorites folder? I can set the widget to open and show Super Favourites but not open any of the custom folders I have made.

You need the latest version from my repo, then put

plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites?folder=folder1

For the widget command.

For subfolders:

plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites?folder=folder1/subfolder1/sub2/etc

Is there a way to change the thumbnail that shows in the widget? I love super favorites but I would be nice to have a thumbnail appropriate for the folder its representing...also thanks a bunch. so happy with this now.
(2016-03-23, 01:26)CalgonRah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-22, 17:32)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-22, 08:11)CalgonRah Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to use the widget function in aeon nox to open a certain Super Favorites folder? I can set the widget to open and show Super Favourites but not open any of the custom folders I have made.

You need the latest version from my repo, then put

plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites?folder=folder1

For the widget command.

For subfolders:

plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites?folder=folder1/subfolder1/sub2/etc

Is there a way to change the thumbnail that shows in the widget? I love super favorites but I would be nice to have a thumbnail appropriate for the folder its representing...also thanks a bunch. so happy with this now.

Surely that would be done in the skin?
Hello Spoyser,

the Isearch function is really a great feature but I am missing TRW´s (movies & TV Shows) as also Velocity in it. Tried to play around a bit with favourites XML in the S folder but can not find out the right commands to make it work (I am not a nerd.-)).

If I am on the right way ...can you post the right commands to do so, so I can just copy & paste these into the favourites XML?

Many thanks in advance!
(2016-03-20, 14:33)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-19, 20:57)stringlefellow Wrote: [ -> ]Oh,yes i think that might work

It would be easier than navegating each time to the location of the background i want and adding it,i could copy and paste the location each time so it will be quicker

No problem if this is not achevable,i think i am just lazy to add each time i put something in the list Laugh

I was not sure if it was possible that it could be where ok anything i add to list "a" or in my example "rock" genre would use the same back ground,and then anything to list "b" would use the same background for that and list "c" the same and ......

But i think copy and paste would be quicker than now thank you it might work

Can you try this version and see what you think

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/SF.zip

To use, go to the item that has the fanart/thumb/description(plot) that you want to copy.

Open the context menu and select Copy Super Favourite (or folder)

Go to the item that you want to copy the properties to, open the context menu and select Edit Super Favourite (or folder)

From the next menu select Paste Thumbnail, or Paste Fanart or Paste Description.

Once an item has been copied, it will remain on the "clipboard" so you can keep pasting without having to copy it each time.

I know it isn't quite what you want but the way I've done it fits in quite nicely with the rest of SF (hence why it only took 30 minutes to code up)

In case you didn't realize, you can already copy properties from items that are not inside SF - enable the Global Super Favourites Menu, and then enable the "Copy item properties" menu item, then when you open the context menu on an item you will see the "Copy image(s) and description" item. Once this has been selected you can paste exactly the same as described above.

HTH

Hey spoyser i just will report back i tried that version and it works just like you said,i can keep pasting the background fanart to each item now

thanks
(2016-03-23, 14:12)majestymm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Spoyser,

the Isearch function is really a great feature but I am missing TRW´s (movies & TV Shows) as also Velocity in it. Tried to play around a bit with favourites XML in the S folder but can not find out the right commands to make it work (I am not a nerd.-)).

If I am on the right way ...can you post the right commands to do so, so I can just copy & paste these into the favourites XML?

Many thanks in advance!

Can't helped with banned addons I'm afraid.
(2016-03-23, 17:41)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-23, 14:12)majestymm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Spoyser,

Many thanks in advance!

Can't helped with banned addons I'm afraid.

Oooh, I see now... they´re banned. Then I never did ask. Thanks.
Hi Guys I have tried out super favorites but its not for me. I have removed it but now Kodi Favorites won't work. I did un click the global sharing option first before removing it. I'm using a fire stick any ideas on how to fix it. Cheers

UPDATE managed it took 3 attempts of installing and uninstalling before it worked but I can't delete my post yet as it needs to be approved first.
(2016-03-25, 00:20)rainbowginge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys I have tried out super favorites but its not for me. I have removed it but now Kodi Favorites won't work. I did un click the global sharing option first before removing it. I'm using a fire stick any ideas on how to fix it. Cheers

UPDATE managed it took 3 attempts of installing and uninstalling before it worked but I can't delete my post yet as it needs to be approved first.

What do you mean by Kodi favourites won't work?

SF does not effect Kodi favourites.
I'd like to use multiple favourites(.xml) in one SF folder, is this possible?

ie.
/sport/ Superfavo-Folder with playlists for youtube and some other addon's...
I know how to link a folder, but can I add filenames for different favourites(.xml) also?

This is how I add a folder:
Code:
<favourite name="[COLOR red][ Playlists ][/COLOR]" thumb="special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Sports/evilpi.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=MOREplaylist&amp;mode=400&amp;folder=Sports-playlists&amp;sf_options=fanart%3DNULL%26_options_sf&quot;)</favourite>

With Kind regards, Tim.
Hi Spoyser,

I've been playing around again and I was wondering two things:
1 Would it be easy/possible to add the Info & language string compatibility to the folder.cfg's files as well? Would really top it off nicely I think. Not really a must-have and if it's a lot of effort I would give priority to bugfixes/core functionality (though I use it daily and have not come across any errors last few months so excellent job on that)
2 Up until now I have not really bothered with the layout of SF as I used a modded confluence and got kinda used to the default views but I have been playing with some new skins and SF's views and artwork and am really liking it. Did find that in favourites.xml as well as in folder.cfg there's an option to specify thumbnail and fanart but in SF-settings there is a third option (landscape), could that third option be added to favourites.xml and folder.cfg? Again: no must-have but would complete it nicely and allow skinners to integrate it even more/better.

It is really amazing how good this addon was to begin with and how much you have improved on it.
Thanks in advance for your consideration of the two suggestions mentioned above and keep up your excellent work, can't wait to see what you come up with next.
(2016-03-25, 13:32)apoc [t.i.m.] Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to use multiple favourites in one SF folder, is this possible?

ie.
/sport/ Superfavo-Folder with playlists fot youtube etc...
I know how to link a folder, but can I add filenames for different favourites(.xml) also?

Code:
<favourite name="[COLOR red][ Playlists ][/COLOR]" thumb="special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Sports/evilpi.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=MOREplaylist&amp;mode=400&amp;folder=Sports-playlists&amp;sf_options=fanart%3DNULL%26_options_sf&quot;)</favourite>

With Kind regards, Tim.

Please edit your post and remove references to banned addons.

You can add whatever you like to a Super Folder (items or more folders), but you don't really need to concern yourself with files or file names.

Just you the built in mechanism for adding items and SF will take care of the files for you.
(2016-03-25, 15:57)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 13:32)apoc [t.i.m.] Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to use multiple favourites in one SF folder, is this possible?

ie.
/sport/ Superfavo-Folder with playlists fot youtube ******* etc...

Code:

With Kind regards, Tim.

You can add whatever you like to a Super Folder (items or more folders), but you don't really need to concern yourself with files or file names.

Just you the built in mechanism for adding items and SF will take care of the files for you.

Ooops, I overlooked that banned addon part, sorry for this, I forgot... (I changed the post)
I knowI can whatever I want but if I add more xml (favourites) they don't get recognized, how can I link to them?

I want to build a superfavo menu and use multiple favouritess.xml's voor submenu's, so I place i.e. favourites0.xml / favourites1.xml / favourites2.xml in a superfavo-folder, how can I connect to these files with superfavo?
(2016-03-25, 16:19)apoc [t.i.m.] Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 15:57)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

ie.
/sport/ Superfavo-Folder with playlists fot youtube ******* etc...

Code:

With Kind regards, Tim.

Ooops, I overlooked that banned addon part, sorry for this, I forgot... (I changed the post)
I knowI can whatever I want but if I add more xml (favourites) they don't get recognized, how can I link to them?

I want to build a superfavo menu and use multiple favouritess.xml's voor submenu's, so I place i.e. favourites0.xml / favourites1.xml / favourites2.xml in a superfavo-folder, how can I connect to these files with superfavo?

The point is you can do what you want but you don't need multiple files.

Just put all the favourites in a single file.

Am I missing something?
(2016-03-25, 16:26)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 16:19)apoc [t.i.m.] Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 15:57)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Please edit your post and remove references to banned addons.

Am I missing something?

IF I put all the favourites in one file it gets way to long, too much scrolling, so I wanted to split it up...
and so I can jump back and forth between the lists (jump back and forth between these favo lists), I know I can make multiple folders which will do the same but, I wanted to use just one folder but with multiple xml files (a litte bit cleaner in my opinion).

I hope I explained it a little better hopefully? (awesome addon by the way)
(2016-03-25, 17:26)apoc [t.i.m.] Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 16:26)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 16:19)apoc [t.i.m.] Wrote: [ -> ]Ooops, I overlooked that banned addon part, sorry for this, I forgot... (I changed the post)

Am I missing something?

IF I put all the favourites in one file it gets way to long, too much scrolling, so I wanted to split it up...
and so I can jump back and forth between the lists (jump back and forth between these favo lists), I know I can make multiple folders which will do the same but, I wanted to use just one folder but with multiple xml files (a litte bit cleaner in my opinion).

I hope I explained it a little better hopefully? (awesome addon by the way)

I see what you mean, although as you say you can achieve exactly what you want with a couple of folders (and don't forget you can set thumbs, fanart and description on each of those folders, and even password protect if you want)

And tbh I don't think having multiple files would be any cleaner and would certainly be an order of magnitude more complicated to implement (for no gain as far as I can see).