Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-02, 13:51)rvf263 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to SF and really enjoy using it so far with my fireTV.

When I right click to save something, I only see the "save to SF" option..

Can I still use the regular Kodi "save to favorites" option?

If so, how do I get the regular kodi favorites option back on the menu when I right click?

Thanks for any help.

You can either disable the SF Global menu, this will give you the standard menu back. You can also enable the SF item which then appears on the standard context menu, and use it that way.

Or from the SF menu just press menu again or select the Standard Context Menu item at the bottom.
Perfect!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
(2016-04-02, 14:01)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]You can also enable the SF item which then appears on the standard context menu, and use it that way.

How does one do this Sean. Add add a SF button to the standard context button?
It does occur to me, taking youtube for example say it came with a download feature built into the addon. If using the standard context menu an option menu comes up, you can pick download to download probably to the youtube addon_data folder, right? So if you can add a SF download button to the standard context menu how do you differentiate between the two?
(2016-04-02, 15:29)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-02, 14:01)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]You can also enable the SF item which then appears on the standard context menu, and use it that way.

How does one do this Sean. Add add a SF button to the standard context button?

In SF settings,go to Global Menu tab and enable the "Show Super Favourites item on standard menu" option. (Although I think I'll reword that in the next release)
(2016-04-02, 15:34)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]It does occur to me, taking youtube for example say it came with a download feature built into the addon. If using the standard context menu an option menu comes up, you can pick download to download probably to the youtube addon_data folder, right? So if you can add a SF download button to the standard context menu how do you differentiate between the two?

You can't add a SF download button to the standard menu. You can only add a "Super Favourites item" to the standard menu, selecting this will then show the SF Global Menu.
Got it.
(2016-04-02, 05:12)Midnightzak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-22, 17:36)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-21, 06:24)Midnightzak Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to make a shortcut to add selected media to folder X? Starting out a fresh streaming library is quite cumbersome worth as many clicks as it currently takes....

Should be fairly quick if you enable the SF Global Menu

I'm using the SF Global Menu, however I get a little list happy while creating a movie library and thought it would be much easier than right click, SF, folder, folder, OK. Was hoping for mouseover+X or mouseover+modifier+X. Oh well, maybe in a future release. Either way, thank you for the addon, it is great regardless!

How about it remembers the previous folder and starts in that one next time you select Add to SF, that way you can just select Add to SF and then just hit okay straight away.

I've implemented it and just tried it and it is very quick to use.
I didn't request this but oh yes, that would be crazy helpful !!! Nod
Hi there, Spoyser,

I have a question regarding linked folders. I have a set of folders labeled under a YouTube Super Folder. The individual folders are labelled by genre, so e.g. action, adventure, documentary, etc...Within each of those I have channels, searches and so on.

I also have a separate super folder for genres. This includes everything under that genre such as other plugins besides youtube and so on. When I link say, my Youtube animation folder within the genre Animation, and then add something to the original folder, it isn't being updated within the genre youtube folder.

I assumed that when I linked a folder any new additions to that original folder would carry over to the new linked one. Is that not the case? I could choose copy rather than link, but I assume that also wouldn't catch any new additions.

As an example..this would be the tree

Genre
- Action
- Adventure
etc..

YouTube
- Action
- Adventure
etc..

Thanks, in advance.
ETA; Nevermind. I figured out my error. I had temporarily moved the youtube folder inside the genre folder to make copying easier, not realizing that I was linking to the wrong folder.

Sorry about the non-issue. User error.
(2016-04-02, 20:42)scoobydooami Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, Spoyser,

I have a question regarding linked folders. I have a set of folders labeled under a YouTube Super Folder. The individual folders are labelled by genre, so e.g. action, adventure, documentary, etc...Within each of those I have channels, searches and so on.

I also have a separate super folder for genres. This includes everything under that genre such as other plugins besides youtube and so on. When I link say, my Youtube animation folder within the genre Animation, and then add something to the original folder, it isn't being updated within the genre youtube folder.

I assumed that when I linked a folder any new additions to that original folder would carry over to the new linked one. Is that not the case? I could choose copy rather than link, but I assume that also wouldn't catch any new additions.

As an example..this would be the tree

Genre
- Action
- Adventure
etc..

YouTube
- Action
- Adventure
etc..

Thanks, in advance.

It is supposed to work how you think (ie changes should reflect in the linked folders)

I'll take a look and see what is happening.
(2016-04-02, 21:10)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]It is supposed to work how you think (ie changes should reflect in the linked folders)

No need to do that. See the message immediately following the original. It was completely my own user error. I had moved a folder briefly to make the copying quicker and had been mis-linking.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for the trouble.
(2016-04-03, 03:17)scoobydooami Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-02, 21:10)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]It is supposed to work how you think (ie changes should reflect in the linked folders)

No need to do that. See the message immediately following the original. It was completely my own user error. I had moved a folder briefly to make the copying quicker and had been mis-linking.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for the trouble.

LOL I was just about to take a look, thanks for the update.
(2016-04-02, 18:51)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-02, 05:12)Midnightzak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-22, 17:36)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Should be fairly quick if you enable the SF Global Menu

I'm using the SF Global Menu, however I get a little list happy while creating a movie library and thought it would be much easier than right click, SF, folder, folder, OK. Was hoping for mouseover+X or mouseover+modifier+X. Oh well, maybe in a future release. Either way, thank you for the addon, it is great regardless!

How about it remembers the previous folder and starts in that one next time you select Add to SF, that way you can just select Add to SF and then just hit okay straight away.

I've implemented it and just tried it and it is very quick to use.
Nice Smile