Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Spoyser and all,

I'm using tv guide integrated with Super Favourites. So far, I can link a tv channel to Super Favourites, where I can get the SF main window to open and I then select a fav/folder from within that window.

The following code works to open the SF main menu...

MySuperFavourites=plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites",return)&mode=650

What I can't seem to figure out is how to link a tv channel to a Super Favourites subfolder (eg. MyTVshows folder).
Tried 100 different ways of wording the code parameters including the following...

ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites?folder=MyTVshows,return)

Anyone have a suggestion?
Thx
Hi Spoyser. I've had a report that the Super Favourites context menu option is causing the new context menu option I've added to the git version of the Skin Shortcuts script for Krypton to be unusable. When the SF context menu option is enabled, it's context menu is shown when SS calls the new xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmenu function. It doesn't give any way to access the SS context menu, only having the options 'Quick launch Super Favourites' and 'Super Favourites settings'. It also causes the SS menu editing dialog to close (script-skinshortcuts.xml), though the script itself isn't actually being terminated.

Debug log here.

I wonder if you could look into this when you get a chance, or give me any ideas of ways I can work around it in the Skin Shortcuts script? Thanks.
(2016-06-07, 00:25)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Spoyser. I've had a report that the Super Favourites context menu option is causing the new context menu option I've added to the git version of the Skin Shortcuts script for Krypton to be unusable. When the SF context menu option is enabled, it's context menu is shown when SS calls the new xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmenu function. It doesn't give any way to access the SS context menu, only having the options 'Quick launch Super Favourites' and 'Super Favourites settings'. It also causes the SS menu editing dialog to close (script-skinshortcuts.xml), though the script itself isn't actually being terminated.

Debug log here.

I wonder if you could look into this when you get a chance, or give me any ideas of ways I can work around it in the Skin Shortcuts script? Thanks.

Are you sure the menu is being shown when call

Code:
xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmenu

I doubt that can be possible as that is a kodi call, there is no way SF (or any Python addon) can intercept that call.

From the log it appears that 'c' is pressed:

1662.23:21:10 T:140735116124160 DEBUG: OnKey: c (0xf043) pressed, action is XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)

This is where the SF menu is then invoked, so it probably isn't getting as far as your xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmenu call.

The menu functionality of SF works by creating a keymap that sets the usual context menu triggers to run the capture.py script instead.

The best fix would be when you start your script get hold of the current SF CONTEXT setting, eg

Code:
sfMenu = xbmcaddon.Addon('plugin.program.super.favourites').getSetting('CONTEXT')

then set it to false

Code:
xbmcaddon.Addon('plugin.program.super.favourites').setSetting('CONTEXT', 'false')

then when you exit your script set it back

Code:
xbmcaddon.Addon('plugin.program.super.favourites').setSetting('CONTEXT', sfMenu)

SF runs a service which will automatically take care of the keymap management as you change the settings.

HTH
You're right, that's my mistake - the code doesn't get as far as actually calling the context menu as the action id is 122 when Super Favourites context menu is active, rather than the 101/117 that the script checks for.

I like workarounds, so will certainly give disabling/re-enabling the SF context menu a go. Thanks for the tip Smile
(2016-06-07, 17:18)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, that's my mistake - the code doesn't get as far as actually calling the context menu as the action id is 122 when Super Favourites context menu is active, rather than the 101/117 that the script checks for.

I like workarounds, so will certainly give disabling/re-enabling the SF context menu a go. Thanks for the tip Smile

Does your script run create its own window/dialog?

I didn't thing the context menu stuff could be used in those cases?

Sent from my iPhone
Yes it has it's own window. We've long been able to handle the actions for the context menu in the windows onAction method - I'm just extending that with the new Krypton api additions to actually show a context menu Wink

Your workaround - disabling then re-enabling SF's context menu - seems to work. Thanks again for the tip.
(2016-06-07, 20:31)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it has it's own window. We've long been able to handle the actions for the context menu in the windows onAction method - I'm just extending that with the new Krypton api additions to actually show a context menu Wink

Your workaround - disabling then re-enabling SF's context menu - seems to work. Thanks again for the tip.

Smile Yep, I've written my fair share of scripst that handles the context menu in Kodi windows, in fact that is where the xml for the SF one first came from Smile

It was more the positioning of the menu I was referring too, originally there was a bug in it (see Ronie's comment here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9591) I guess they fixed it now.
I'm having a problem where some super favorite links when clicked will display the list of subitem links (for example youtube links) but then immediately return to the original listing of super favorites. The subitem links are still displayed if the back button is pressed.

Is there any way to keep the new listing displayed instead of having to press the back button to get to the list of subitems?

This behavior only happens on about 1/3 of Super Favorites. The rest work fine and stay on the new page without having to click the back button to display the the subitem links.
(2016-06-08, 15:14)ramjam500 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem where some super favorite links when clicked will display the list of subitem links (for example youtube links) but then immediately return to the original listing of super favorites. The subitem links are still displayed if the back button is pressed.

Is there any way to keep the new listing displayed instead of having to press the back button to get to the list of subitems?

This behavior only happens on about 1/3 of Super Favorites. The rest work fine and stay on the new page without having to click the back button to display the the subitem links.

I'll take a look and see if I can find anything

Sent from my iPhone
Sean I was thinking Super Favorites can do with a lick of coating, its to good of an addon and to universal to not have excellent graphics, (note I am not saying yours isnt great, way better than what I can do!)
to that end I was thinking of running an open contest to the talented artists amongts the users of Super Favorites to come up graphics that captures what Super Favorites is about, this will just be a graphics for the addon.

or even use your idea of superman folder and do something with that
just a thought
(2016-06-10, 13:44)kilimanjaro Wrote: [ -> ]Sean I was thinking Super Favorites can do with a lick of coating, its to good of an addon and to universal to not have excellent graphics, (note I am not saying yours isnt great, way better than what I can do!)
to that end I was thinking of running an open contest to the talented artists amongts the users of Super Favorites to come up graphics that captures what Super Favorites is about, this will just be a graphics for the addon.

or even use your idea of superman folder and do something with that
just a thought

Go for it, graphics never were my forte Smile

Sent from my iPhone
Double post
Awesome! I've made a dedicated thread here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279188
hopefully its okay as its still a programme addon where talking about
I'm hoping the interest will build naturally and we'll see how it goes
come on guys everyone talks about Super Favourites, imagine knowing your image is used on one of the most iconic addon in Kodi and if its not now it will be!
was thinking of a way for users to personalize their list better

so thought of something

Super Tags

when a user adds a link into super favorites by way of super favorites global menu
bring up a window with a list, that the user can select

no tag
hot
must watch
Smile
Sad

super tags will be added to the end of the link
so for example I want to add "simpsons" with super tag "hot"
then in Super Favorites Simpsons will show as
Simpsons [hot]

yes users can already do the same thing manually but majority of users dont mess to much with advance features, this is so simple and quick that more users will have more personalized list and look

you could have a custom tags option in settings where users can create whatever tags they want like to show up in the super tags list

"petes favorites"
"Sarahs favorites"
"princess arghhh"
"yabba dabba do"

you can have a setting to turn of tags list in settings, or even have it of on default

what do you think Sean?
(2016-06-08, 21:49)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-08, 15:14)ramjam500 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem where some super favorite links when clicked will display the list of subitem links (for example youtube links) but then immediately return to the original listing of super favorites. The subitem links are still displayed if the back button is pressed.

I'll take a look and see if I can find anything

Sent from my iPhone

Some additional information. I have noticed that the behavior I described above is evident when version 1.0.52 from spoysers repository is installed but version 1.0.45 from KodiIsrael Repository works properly.

UPDATE: version 1.0.48 works partially but still have to click back button on a few.