Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-04-05, 22:20)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you can upload the settings.xml once it has become "corrupt" and I'll see if a can see anything unusual.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8ruhI...sp=sharing

Pulled this off the Pi after changing the "Sort Favorites Alphabetically" setting to get into the problem state. Thanks for taking a look.
(2017-04-06, 19:12)Iammattp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 22:20)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you can upload the settings.xml once it has become "corrupt" and I'll see if a can see anything unusual.

Here you go:

Pulled this off the Pi after changing the "Sort Favorites Alphabetically" setting to get into the problem state. Thanks for taking a look.

I was actually able to sort this out by comparing the bad settings.xml with a default one. The "FOLDER" value was getting wiped out whenever I made any settings changes via the UI. The default settings.xml file had this:

Code:
<setting id="FOLDER" value="special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/" />

Changing any setting via the UI reset that line to this:

Code:
<setting id="FOLDER" value="" />

The easiest workaround for me was to manually edit the default settings.xml file to enable the settings I want without wiping out the FOLDER value. Changing the settings via the UI and then manually adding that folder path back to the settings.xml would work as well, just involves a little more work. Anyway, I can now work around the issue. Thanks for putting me on the right path.
(2017-04-05, 23:37)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 22:22)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 16:54)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]Why am i seeing latest only 1.0.43? Where is 1.0.56?

The latest version is available from my repo.

I've never got round to submitting it to the official repo, not enough hours in the day!
Where is your repo? Not seeing on description

Repo
https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

Addon
https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...1.0.56.zip
(2017-04-06, 19:30)Iammattp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-06, 19:12)Iammattp Wrote: [ -> ]

Here you go:

I was actually able to sort this out by comparing the bad settings.xml with a default one. The "FOLDER" value was getting wiped out whenever I made any settings changes via the UI. The default settings.xml file had this:

Code:
<setting id="FOLDER" value="special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/" />

Changing any setting via the UI reset that line to this:

Code:
<setting id="FOLDER" value="" />

The easiest workaround for me was to manually edit the default settings.xml file to enable the settings I want without wiping out the FOLDER value. Changing the settings via the UI and then manually adding that folder path back to the settings.xml would work as well, just involves a little more work. Anyway, I can now work around the issue. Thanks for putting me on the right path.

Well that is doubly code, odd why it is getting reset, and odd because an empty folder in the settings should be translated to the correct value in code anway:

Code:
ROOT =  ADDON.getSetting('FOLDER')
if not ROOT:
    ROOT = 'special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/'

Can you confirm what version of SF you are using,

If I sent you some debug code would you be able to try it out for me?
(2017-03-19, 12:11)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-19, 02:58)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: [ -> ]Anything from the Kodi developers adding back the "return" function? This is absolute garbage. I had an addon set to a certian view "list" through SF. Now that it goes to the addon main menu which is preset to thumbnail with no way to set it in settings only SF. But reverts back to thumbs every time now.

Doesn't sound like your problem is related to the "return" issue (anyone got a link to that thread?).

Here, here, here and here

Doesn't seem generate a lot of chatter, though it is an annoying change for certain addon users.
Any workaround would be welcome.
(2017-04-06, 20:24)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Well that is doubly code, odd why it is getting reset, and odd because an empty folder in the settings should be translated to the correct value in code anway:

Code:
if not ROOT:

Sure, send it my way and I'll give it a try.

I was running 1.0.43 from the Kodi repo, just installed 1.0.56 from your repo but the issue remains.
(2017-04-07, 02:24)Iammattp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-06, 20:24)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Well that is doubly code, odd why it is getting reset, and odd because an empty folder in the settings should be translated to the correct value in code anway:

Code:
if not ROOT:

I was running 1.0.43 from the Kodi repo, just installed 1.0.56 from your repo but the issue remains.

FYI, updating to 1.0.56 gave me bigger issues. After updating I couldn't get the "Add to Super Favorites" option to show up in the standard context menu, even when "ADDTOFAVES_ON_STD" was set to true in settings.xml. I played with "CONTEXT", "CONTEXTSS" and "CONTEXT_STD" as well but no dice. I'm back on 1.0.43 now and I'm no longer having that particular issue. The original issue remains.
(2017-04-07, 03:44)Iammattp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 02:24)Iammattp Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
if not ROOT:

FYI, updating to 1.0.56 gave me bigger issues. After updating I couldn't get the "Add to Super Favorites" option to show up in the standard context menu, even when "ADDTOFAVES_ON_STD" was set to true in settings.xml. I played with "CONTEXT", "CONTEXTSS" and "CONTEXT_STD" as well but no dice. I'm back on 1.0.43 now and I'm no longer having that particular issue. The original issue remains.

I'll sort out a debug version, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Changing those values via the UI works for me, changing them directly in the settings file won't take effect unless you reboot (they are monitored via a service and change a couple of properties causing the context menu to update, when the settings are changed via the UI. This will not happen by manually editing the file)
Hi All. I was so frustrated by the slowness of SF under Estuary, I did the unthinkable: I loaded Confluence and now SF under Krpton is running fast again. It's Obvious to me that Estuary has performance issues.

Sent from my GT-P3113
Hi, The last update, does not allow to change of massive way the fanart, like before, now only allows to do it 1x1. Any solution? Thank you
Great addon! Though, I would like to see items in a folder inherit their parent folder's fanart, but keep their individual thumbnails. Here's why: I created a themed folder named 'Superheroes' for my son, to which I gave an appropriate background, and added a variety of Superhero cartoons for him in there. Would be fitting to not have to manually set the fanart of each individual cartoon added to maintain the integrity of what was originally assigned the parent folder.

Also, I would like more control over the look and feel of newly created Super folders. As much as I appreciate the default imagery and the level of pride attached to them, I would prefer it that my Super folders contain no fanart and thumbnail at inception. A clear-cut option to do this (no tweak, no hack, no sporadic results) would be neat.

Also, I wanted to know if there was a way to ensure I don't lose all my thumbnails when I use Raw Maintenance to delete thumbnails. I know that by creating a kodi favourite out of the super favourite folder and then linking to it it will safeguard my thumbnails and cause them to auto-regenerate upon deletion, but I was wondering if there was an internal way to do this from within Super Favourites so not to burn the candle on both ends?

Thank you.
And keep up the amazing work you do.
Hi,

My question is that when I use Aeon Nox Silvio Krypton and set up super favorites to show panel widgets for tv shows or movies I get the movie fanart in the background when I highlight that paticular movie or tv show.

But all I get with Jarvis is the super favorite background image.

Is there something I'm missing that might need to be installed on Jarvis for super favorites to show the background images automatically?

Thank you
Is it possible to configure this add on so that you get a new "item" in the main menu next to "movies, "tv" "music" etc.?

I would like to have a "Hall of fame" there where I can add movies. I also want the "Hall of fame" to be a poster wall of items.
Hey awesome addon..been using it for 2 years now Smile. I recently ran into some issue.

I am using Aeon Nox 5. I have main menu items called Movies, TV shows etc. When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main kodi menu screen.

Now the issue.

After upgrading to Krypton, When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main super favorite folder showing all of my favorites instead of just going back to the main menu screen like before. Basically I have to press back twice every time to get to the main screen. Any idea why this is happening? I am running the latest version of super favorites and Aeon Nox. I even tried reinstalling both.

I was also wondering if there was an easy way to convert to the Silvo skin to try out? Meaning is there a way to copy over all of my custom menu and submenu settings to that skin or it has to be recreated manually?
(2017-04-11, 08:17)thekid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey awesome addon..been using it for 2 years now Smile. I recently ran into some issue.

I am using Aeon Nox 5. I have main menu items called Movies, TV shows etc. When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main kodi menu screen.

Now the issue.

After upgrading to Krypton, When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main super favorite folder showing all of my favorites instead of just going back to the main menu screen like before. Basically I have to press back twice every time to get to the main screen. Any idea why this is happening? I am running the latest version of super favorites and Aeon Nox. I even tried reinstalling both.

I was also wondering if there was an easy way to convert to the Silvo skin to try out? Meaning is there a way to copy over all of my custom menu and submenu settings to that skin or it has to be recreated manually?

It's a new "feature" of Krypton (although I'd call it a bug). Standard Kodi faves do it too Sad

Crap I know, but not a lot can be done about it I'm afraid