Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Also, i had another question:

Is it possible to use a http source as a superfavourite folder? Most things work fine but i want to make a super favourite folder with tv channels and the state of iptv is such that sometimes links die. I don't want to have to make my family and friends update the build every time i need to edit a channel...ultimately i need to learn to code my own addon to solve this issue but i'm not that advanced yet.

Thanks again guys
(2017-07-20, 14:17)wonslung Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do this without actually seeing the numbers? i had the same thought but it's not very aesthetically pleasing.

Basically what i'm trying to do is this:

on personal build, i have a main menu with items like : search, addons, movies, tv shows, sports etc etc

Most of the menus are using super favourite folders

I also have a showcase menu that can be activated as a drop down and it has several widgets. The very bottom widget uses a super favourites folder that i want to basically mirror my main menu. I don't want to have to name the folders

01search, 02addons, 03movies, etc

So is there a way to accomplish this?

Probably it will be possible to call a super favorites folder window directly from within your main super favourites list, but not sure. This is a question for the developper.
But this way you could add a favourite to a folder view from there. And these of course can be sorted as you wish.

I'm just guessing now: <favourite name="My Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/label=view&amp;mode=400&amp;folder=MyMovies")</favourite>

Edit: The easiest way: select the folder you want to sort. Context menu: add to Kodi favourites first. Then copy that line into your super favourites. Do this with all your folders you want to sort.

Again just guessing.
(2017-07-20, 15:37)cizzz Wrote: [ -> ]Probably it will be possible to call a super favorites folder window directly from within your main super favourites list, but not sure. This is a question for the developper.
But this way you could add a favourite to a folder view from there. And these of course can be sorted as you wish.

I'm just guessing now: <favourite name="My Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/label=view&amp;mode=400&amp;folder=MyMovies")</favourite>

Edit: The easiest way: select the folder you want to sort. Context menu: add to Kodi favourites first. Then copy that line into your super favourites. Do this with all your folders you want to sort.

Again just guessing.

sorting a folder with JUST favorited items works easily
but sorting a folder with other folders isn't working for me....I will try what you are sayng though
I can confirm that this works: Adding favourite folder views as a super favourite.

Code:
e.g.:
<favourite name="myFolder" thumb="special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=myFolder&amp;mode=400&amp;path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper%20Favourites%2FmyFolder&amp;sf_options=fanart%3Dspecial%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2Ffanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite

However, this is not a complete solution either, since we do not have an option to hide the standard folder items. The workaround is to put these folders a directory higher, so in "...\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites" instead of "...\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites". This way they are not shown in the menu, but still accessible through the favourites items.

Sounds complicated but it's easy.
Was wondering if anyone else is having a problem using Super Favorites on Xonfluence running on Kodi 17.3. Been using SF on Xonfluence running 16.1 a long time with no issues at all?Keep getting a box telling me I can now configure SF settings. The settings keep getting knocked out??
(2017-07-21, 02:56)tvguru Wrote: [ -> ]Was wondering if anyone else is having a problem using Super Favorites on Xonfluence running on Kodi 17.3. Been using SF on Xonfluence running 16.1 a long time with no issues at all?Keep getting a box telling me I can now configure SF settings. The settings keep getting knocked out??

Could you use pastebin to share your SF settings file here and also the full folder address where this xml file is located?
(2017-07-21, 02:56)tvguru Wrote: [ -> ]Was wondering if anyone else is having a problem using Super Favorites on Xonfluence running on Kodi 17.3. Been using SF on Xonfluence running 16.1 a long time with no issues at all?Keep getting a box telling me I can now configure SF settings. The settings keep getting knocked out??
I was using Super Favourit in Kodi 16.1 Jarvis without any problems. I have asked in an other link for help but they simply refered me to Wiki section. I could not understand but got confused.I am not an expert of pc software/coding etc.Kindly kelp me , how to create

How to set Superfavourit on main Kodi page having all my videoAddons and channels.
(2017-07-21, 10:10)cizzz Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you use pastebin to share your SF settings file here and also the full folder address where this xml file is located?

Hi Cizzz, thanks for reaching out.

Here's what I ended up doing to get it working properly.

I deleted the settings xml file that came with the SF V.1.59 version, and copy and pasted the old settings.xml from previous version that was last working, (SF v1.57 in 16.1 Jarvis). Now everything is working great again. Go figure??
Quote:Hi Cizzz, thanks for reaching out.

Here's what I ended up doing to get it working properly.

I deleted the settings xml file that came with the SF V.1.59 version, and copy and pasted the old settings.xml from previous version that was last working, (SF v1.57 in 16.1 Jarvis). Now everything is working great again. Go figure??

I thought it would be something with your settings file. Glad to hear you solved it.
(2017-07-20, 16:33)cizzz Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that this works: Adding favourite folder views as a super favourite.

Code:
e.g.:
<favourite name="myFolder" thumb="special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=myFolder&amp;mode=400&amp;path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper%20Favourites%2FmyFolder&amp;sf_options=fanart%3Dspecial%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2Ffanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite

However, this is not a complete solution either, since we do not have an option to hide the standard folder items. The workaround is to put these folders a directory higher, so in "...\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites" instead of "...\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites". This way they are not shown in the menu, but still accessible through the favourites items.

Sounds complicated but it's easy.

this is exactly what i needed.. Thanks so much.
Thank you for helping members in solving their problems.I have a simple problem .Kodi 17 Krypton did not work in my Android box but Kodi 16 Jarvis is working good now.I have created a list " super favourit" containing my videaos,tv live channesl. Now I want that on start up this Super favourit list shows up on first main Kodi page,where a star is located at lower left corner.I click start and my Super favourit list show up.But I do not know how to setup display/location. on main kodi page linked with star at lower left corner.Please help.
(2017-07-24, 14:05)mdmm Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for helping members in solving their problems.I have a simple problem .Kodi 17 Krypton did not work in my Android box but Kodi 16 Jarvis is working good now.I have created a list " super favourit" containing my videaos,tv live channesl. Now I want that on start up this Super favourit list shows up on first main Kodi page,where a star is located at lower left corner.I click start and my Super favourit list show up.But I do not know how to setup display/location. on main kodi page linked with star at lower left corner.Please help.

Unfortunately that requires manually editing the favourites.xml skin file (which would be overridden if the skin updates)
I would like to create remote superfavourites folders so I could use them in several devices in two house. How could I do this? I would like to use dropbox... could you help me?
This is a great add on. Thanks to the developers.
I couldn't find the answer to my issue while searching through this thread.
I have my SF folder set as a widget on my homescreen showing all my favorites I have saved. When I select something, the main screen for SF pops up (showing all my SF content) before redirecting me to my selected content. I have the SF added to the widget as a program.

Is this suppose to happen? Thanks.

Firetv 4k, 17.3, Titan
A couple quick questions. I've been using this for years and love it so thank you for your hard work, it's much appreciated.

Question 1: Before, when I would add an addon into a super folder, it would always carry over the addon description. However, now when I do it, in 'Description' it seems to always puts the description as "ListItem.AddonDescription," is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I'm on the latest version on Xonfluence skin.

Question 2: I recall being able to copy and past metadata for an addon. I've completely forgotten how to do this. I see the copy option, but don't remember how to paste it as it's not coming up in context menu.

Any help would be appreciated.