Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested to see if anyone else has problems with addon links when they're added to Super Favourites and allocated to a channel in On-Tapp TV. The links work perfectly from within the addon and SF, but they stall before opening when added to a channel in OTTV. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks a lot for the help. (And the addon).
(2014-12-06, 03:26)owl282820 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested to see if anyone else has problems with certain addons links when they're added to Super Favourites and allocated to a channel in On-Tapp TV. The links work perfectly from within Phoenix and SF, but they stall before opening when added to a channel in OTTV. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks a lot for the help. (And the addon).

First, can you edit your post and remove any references to banned addons.

Secondly, have you tried changing the Playback mode of the Super Favourites you are linking to; to do that bring up the context menu on the item and select Edit Favourite, and then select Change Playback mode and try all 3. Try that and let me know if it helps.
Sorry about the addon references. With so many forums I'd forgotten which one I was in. I've tried your suggestion but I don't have options for playback in the context menu. I've got the SF menu switched on but there's nothing that allows payback mode to be changed. Just the usual format and move options.
(2014-12-06, 14:29)owl282820 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about the addon references. With so many forums I'd forgotten which one I was in. I've tried your suggestion but I don't have options for playback in the context menu. I've got the SF menu switched on but there's nothing that allows payback mode to be changed. Just the usual format and move options.

Did you add the original link to SF via the context override feature?

If not try that, that should then enable the Change Playback mode option.

I will also look into doing it without using the context override menu.
(2014-12-06, 18:25)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-06, 14:29)owl282820 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about the addon references. With so many forums I'd forgotten which one I was in. I've tried your suggestion but I don't have options for playback in the context menu. I've got the SF menu switched on but there's nothing that allows payback mode to be changed. Just the usual format and move options.

Sorry took so long. Yes, all the links were added via the context override and there's definitely no playback options available. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. But I've just been thinking, some time ago someone asked if SF could be the default favourites and you gave that person some extra code to add to allow this to happen. I copied the instructions you gave and now SF opens when I click on Kodi favourites. Could this be causing this to happen?

Trouble is I can't find the post where you gave the advice to allow me to reverse the code change.
(2014-12-07, 00:01)owl282820 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-06, 18:25)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry took so long. Yes, all the links were added via the context override and there's definitely no playback options available. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. But I've just been thinking, some time ago someone asked if SF could be the default favourites and you gave that person some extra code to add to allow this to happen. I copied the instructions you gave and now SF opens when I click on Kodi favourites. Could this be causing this to happen?

Trouble is I can't find the post where you gave the advice to allow me to reverse the code change.

It won't be anything to with the code change, but I'll take a look at what is causing it.
I appreciate it. Thanks.
(2014-12-08, 12:30)owl282820 Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate it. Thanks.

Can you PM me one of the links in question and I'll take a better look.

(2014-12-04, 09:53)lowkee00 Wrote: [ -> ]http://gyazo.com/d750b09e0ebd6a1dce9e250748bb6d1c

Black Glass Nova developer said it's your addon. I have used all 3 fonts he offers and still too big.

I have just pushed a new version 1.0.27.4 in which you can choose to show the override menu as a select dialog (see SF General settings page) which should be okay in any skin.
(2014-12-08, 21:07)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-08, 12:30)owl282820 Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate it. Thanks.

Can you PM me one of the links in question and I'll take a better look.

(2014-12-04, 09:53)lowkee00 Wrote: [ -> ]http://gyazo.com/d750b09e0ebd6a1dce9e250748bb6d1c

Black Glass Nova developer said it's your addon. I have used all 3 fonts he offers and still too big.

I have just pushed a new version 1.0.27.4 in which you can choose to show the override menu as a select dialog (see SF General settings page) which should be okay in any skin.

does this new version address the issue I told you about below? I tested it and it seems to be working correctly now so just wondering if its something you did?

"hey awesome addon! i was messing with it and its working great but I am having the same issue I think. I created 1 folder called Movies. Inside that I created a folder called Latest. Inside Latest I have some favorites. When I navigated to the favorites it works fine but when I press back.. instead of going back to the latest folder, it brings me to "the standard XBMC Video menu page. (The one that opens when you click on the "Video" tab on the home screen. Files, Videos, Playlists etc)" and requires pressing back a second time to get to Latest. I am using gotham 13.2 Aeon nox 5. thanks for the help !!"
update.. it was working good never saw the menu that says "files, playlists, video-addons" after testing many times. I added more favorites and it started doing it again for every folder even the ones I tested to be working fine earlier. I see it come up right before it loads an add-on or favorite and also see it when trying to go back. Not sure what changed but it was working without seeing that menu for a while. I am going into super favorites add-on directly and its doing this. I am using Aeon nox 5
(2014-12-09, 16:13)thekid Wrote: [ -> ]update.. it was working good never saw the menu that says "files, playlists, video-addons" after testing many times. I added more favorites and it started doing it again for every folder even the ones I tested to be working fine earlier. I see it come up right before it loads an add-on or favorite and also see it when trying to go back. Not sure what changed but it was working without seeing that menu for a while. I am going into super favorites add-on directly and its doing this. I am using Aeon nox 5

It depends on which menu you use to start SF.

If you start it via the Videos menu then only video addons will work correctly, audio ones need trigger the audio window first.
If you start it via the Music menu then only music addons will work correctly, video ones need trigger the video window first.
(2014-12-10, 08:36)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-09, 16:13)thekid Wrote: [ -> ]update.. it was working good never saw the menu that says "files, playlists, video-addons" after testing many times. I added more favorites and it started doing it again for every folder even the ones I tested to be working fine earlier. I see it come up right before it loads an add-on or favorite and also see it when trying to go back. Not sure what changed but it was working without seeing that menu for a while. I am going into super favorites add-on directly and its doing this. I am using Aeon nox 5

It depends on which menu you use to start SF.

If you start it via the Videos menu then only video addons will work correctly, audio ones need trigger the audio window first.
If you start it via the Music menu then only music addons will work correctly, video ones need trigger the video window first.

i just tested it again and now its working properly again. I didn't change anything lol. This is so weird .. its in the same exact spot on the menu bar as before when it did it every time and now it doesnt show that menu.
yes, thank you sir. the context dialog works perfect Smile
(2014-12-10, 12:27)lowkee00 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, thank you sir. the context dialog works perfect Smile

Thanks for letting me, although I have now realized the issue is because you are using Helix (can you confirm this).

In Helix the text label center justification logic has been changed which I think is what has caused the issue you saw.
(2014-12-10, 19:54)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-10, 12:27)lowkee00 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, thank you sir. the context dialog works perfect Smile

Thanks for letting me, although I have now realized the issue is because you are using Helix (can you confirm this).

In Helix the text label center justification logic has been changed which I think is what has caused the issue you saw.

yes, most current nightly build.