Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-02, 22:33)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-02, 22:23)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]v1.0.30.1 from your repo, and for the moment I only tested on windows.

Ultimately sharing to the cloud is what I hope might be possible somehow, so that my portable devices can stay up to date too Nod

SMB shares on Windows should definitely work, because that is how I tested it.

I'll have another look in the morning.

No idea about WebDAV though I'm afraid.

Just done a quick google and apparently WebDAV support was added to xbmcvfs in Dharma so it sounds like it should work.

Ok thanks. If you need me to test something let me know.

Re WebDAV, yes its definitely supported by Kodi but I'm having some trouble to get it connected. I suspect its some wrong settings on my side. Conceptually, I am hoping that with a cloud storage location added via WebDAV Kodi and SF will see it as a source and I can use it for import/export? But technically you need to tell me if SF will work with this arrangement?

I looked quickly and saw that Cubby and Box support WebDAV, but Dropbox doesnt. The advantage with Cubby is that you can select any/multiple folders to be a cubby (= cloud syncing folder), rather than just entire root folders like Box and Dropbox. Useful for cloud syncing particular parts of Kodi.

But I remember when Rich used WebDAV for listings in TVGuideDixie, it was a bit tricky to enter the exact right details to log on properly. Once it was setup it worked well.

Also, I was wondering if you have had a chance to think any more about the thumbnails request here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1975402 (we discussed some possibilities).

It would be useful sometimes to have an option to force all links to inherit the parent folders thumbnail/logo. In my case I'm thinking about this for my OTTV SF channel folders where I want the folder, and all links inside to use the OTTV Logo for that channel. Would this be something that is reasonably easy to do on your side?

THANKS Smile
Im using aeon nox 5 and was wondering if it possible to link a super favourites folder to a main menu sub menu?
If your skin allows favourites to be added to main menu sub menu (or elsewhere) then you can add the relevant SF folder to the normal xbmc favourites, and thereafter to the skin. Just add it as a link, you don't need to move the SF folder.

I have done this many times with SF and the CCM skin. CCM is very flexible in this regard and allows pretty much anything to be added anywhere.

Normally after its added to the skin you can then delete it from xbmc favourites.
(2015-05-02, 11:02)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Are they Thumbnails for folders, rather than Thumbnails for Favourites themselves?

Can you see if Favourites themselves work?

In case you missed my earlier response (under kevcampbell99).... yes the thumbnails are for folders. I got it fixed though. My problem was I had added the folders to Kodi Favourites before changing the thumbnail in Super Favourites and my Kodi Favourites didn't automatically update. I was able to fix it through deleting and then re-adding the Super Favourites as Kodi Favourites (or as I realised later, I could've just changed the Kodi Favourites thumbnail)
I overrided the context menu but the super favourite menu is only showing half the words. So all i see is add to supe, super favou etc. What do i do to fix it?
(2015-05-06, 18:04)eoghan Wrote: [ -> ]I overrided the context menu but the super favourite menu is only showing half the words. So all i see is add to supe, super favou etc. What do i do to fix it?

Upgrade to the latest version in my repo 1.0.30.1 I think from memory
(2015-05-06, 18:07)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-06, 18:04)eoghan Wrote: [ -> ]I overrided the context menu but the super favourite menu is only showing half the words. So all i see is add to supe, super favou etc. What do i do to fix it?

Upgrade to the latest version in my repo 1.0.30.1 I think from memory

thanks spoyser, that fixed it
First off, great work on a wonderful addon:-) This is probably the best organizer addon for Kodi out there!

Recently my OpenELEC 5.0.8 installation (Kodi Helix 14.2) Super Favorites has stopped to override the Context Menu. I have updated Super Favorites to the latest version 1.0.30.1 from your personal repo, without success.
Any ides on how to proceed troubleshooting this?

Regards, linorg
(2015-05-07, 15:52)linorg Wrote: [ -> ]First off, great work on a wonderful addon:-) This is probably the best organizer addon for Kodi out there!

Recently my OpenELEC 5.0.8 installation (Kodi Helix 14.2) Super Favorites has stopped to override the Context Menu. I have updated Super Favorites to the latest version 1.0.30.1 from your personal repo, without success.
Any ides on how to proceed troubleshooting this?

Regards, linorg

Can you confirm if the normal menu appears or if you just don't get any menu?

Also can you enable debug mode in SF settings, then try and open the menu and if you get a dialog appear let me know what number is in it.

Also are you definitely on Helix and not Isengard?
Hi Spoyser,

I hope all is good with you.

I have 2 questions for you.

1) Did you have a think about the password protected Super Favourites.
2) Kodi has one major Flaw, that is really Annoying. If it tries to connect to a deadlink, It hangs. And stays stuck on a "working" loop.
Things Ive tried.
i) Create an advancedsettings.xml with <curlclienttimeout>XX</curlclienttimeout>
ii) manually write timeout=XX at the end of each stream

both work...ish

The stream no longer causes kodi to get stuck on a "working" loop, but what it does not do, is kill the player after the timeout.

So here's the thing. Could you make an option to "add timeout=XX" at the end of links in super favourites and if timeout is reached, kill the default player

Im sure that thousands of people would find this feature a massive help

I hope I've explained clearly, And look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

simontfs
(2015-05-10, 00:01)myfototv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Spoyser,

I hope all is good with you.

I have 2 questions for you.

1) Did you have a think about the password protected Super Favourites.
2) Kodi has one major Flaw, that is really Annoying. If it tries to connect to a deadlink, It hangs. And stays stuck on a "working" loop.
Things Ive tried.
i) Create an advancedsettings.xml with <curlclienttimeout>XX</curlclienttimeout>
ii) manually write timeout=XX at the end of each stream

both work...ish

The stream no longer causes kodi to get stuck on a "working" loop, but what it does not do, is kill the player after the timeout.

So here's the thing. Could you make an option to "add timeout=XX" at the end of links in super favourites and if timeout is reached, kill the default player

Im sure that thousands of people would find this feature a massive help

I hope I've explained clearly, And look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

simontfs

Oh yeah, I do believe that Navi-X has incorporated a script to do just this when they released the newer version. I thought I would mention that as it could be helpful.
Ran into a minor (for me major) glitch, I recently found that super favourites will access off-line and outside the library sources (at least ver 1.0.25, from the official repository). This is a great bereft in that it allow me to keep a few drives that are full of old videos (with art) available inside Kodi without the burden of an excessively large library. I've got a few builds and decided after reading some of the glorious new features & updates to pick up Spoyser's repro and pick up the latest version. Alas, it seems version 1.0.31 will not allow for links outside the library, and worse the rollback feature in the install doesn't seem to work. I manually installed the older package and everything works fine again, but the version number is still 1.0.31 (I suppose if I unstalled, and installed it would avoid this, but I have too many links colourized to lose my SF config).

I hope this feature of accessing outside of the library is not a bug (if it is I'll keep what I haveSmile Thanks for a great add-on, I look forward to the new features.
(2015-05-12, 05:35)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Ran into a minor (for me major) glitch, I recently found that super favourites will access off-line and outside the library sources (at least ver 1.0.25, from the official repository). This is a great bereft in that it allow me to keep a few drives that are full of old videos (with art) available inside Kodi without the burden of an excessively large library. I've got a few builds and decided after reading some of the glorious new features & updates to pick up Spoyser's repro and pick up the latest version. Alas, it seems version 1.0.31 will not allow for links outside the library, and worse the rollback feature in the install doesn't seem to work. I manually installed the older package and everything works fine again, but the version number is still 1.0.31 (I suppose if I unstalled, and installed it would avoid this, but I have too many links colourized to lose my SF config).

I hope this feature of accessing outside of the library is not a bug (if it is I'll keep what I haveSmile Thanks for a great add-on, I look forward to the new features.

Sounds like a bug. I rewrote all the file handling to use xbmcvfs so it probably got introduced at that point.

Can you confirm exactly what the issue is, are you creating links to folders on the external drives or to files themselves?
Quote:Can you confirm exactly what the issue is, are you creating links to folders on the external drives or to files themselves?
Both folders and direct file links. I use Ronie's 'T!' SVN skin, it offers a few sub menu links settings>skin>menu>video to direct folder/drives outside of the standard Kodi sources, at which point they may be made SF. Puts all my off-line folders/files back-on line outside the Kodi library (would love to have your isearch available to those 10tb Smile The rollback to function, makes digging out the zip from the packages easier. While V 1.0.31 was available, I noticed a much smoother action, less video jumping around and the way the you have the SF menu is way better, but atm functionality is paramount, and your plugin in is too useful to abandon.
(2015-05-12, 15:23)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Can you confirm exactly what the issue is, are you creating links to folders on the external drives or to files themselves?
Both folders and direct file links. I use Ronie's 'T!' SVN skin, it offers a few sub menu links settings>skin>menu>video to direct folder/drives outside of the standard Kodi sources, at which point they may be made SF. Puts all my off-line folders/files back-on line outside the Kodi library (would love to have your isearch available to those 10tb Smile The rollback to function, makes digging out the zip from the packages easier. While V 1.0.31 was available, I noticed a much smoother action, less video jumping around and the way the you have the SF menu is way better, but atm functionality is paramount, and your plugin in is too useful to abandon.

Cheers, I'll take a look and see what I can find.