Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I am new to super favourites, and I was wondering if it was possible to do the following: I want to add a music source from the Starred Spotify (spotlight) playlist. Basically I added the Starred playlist as a super favourite and it works great. Now when I wanna add a music source, I get to that folder with no problems, but when I enter that folder inside the music sources it shows nothing. Reallistically it has only a favourites.xml on it, which then links the the files on the addon.

Is it possible to have a super favourite item as a media source?

Thanks a ton!
Great plugin!
Smile
(2015-06-13, 20:17)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-13, 00:34)harpua1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this is common knowledge, but YT playlists (even from other video addons) will not play using the "PlayMedia" command.

I know this is an issue created from the v3api change from YT and not SuperFavs.

Do you think there will be a fix for it?

Is this a SF issue? If so have you tried changing the Playback mode (last item in the Edit Favourite dialog)?

I'm thinking it's a problem w/ the youtube api v3 switch/changes. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

I can super favourite a Youtube playlist and use the ActivateWindow function fine. However, when I try to use the PlayMedia button

I get the:
"Exception in content provider: mapping for channel/mine/playlist/PLxxxxxxx not found"
error message.

I can provide a log if necessary.
(2015-06-14, 14:42)harpua1982 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-13, 20:17)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-13, 00:34)harpua1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this is common knowledge, but YT playlists (even from other video addons) will not play using the "PlayMedia" command.

I know this is an issue created from the v3api change from YT and not SuperFavs.

Do you think there will be a fix for it?

Is this a SF issue? If so have you tried changing the Playback mode (last item in the Edit Favourite dialog)?

I'm thinking it's a problem w/ the youtube api v3 switch/changes. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

I can super favourite a Youtube playlist and use the ActivateWindow function fine. However, when I try to use the PlayMedia button

I get the:
"Exception in content provider: mapping for channel/mine/playlist/PLxxxxxxx not found"
error message.

I can provide a log if necessary.

Nothing to do with SF I'm afraid
(2015-06-13, 22:10)tonybeccar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

I am new to super favourites, and I was wondering if it was possible to do the following: I want to add a music source from the Starred Spotify (spotlight) playlist. Basically I added the Starred playlist as a super favourite and it works great. Now when I wanna add a music source, I get to that folder with no problems, but when I enter that folder inside the music sources it shows nothing. Reallistically it has only a favourites.xml on it, which then links the the files on the addon.

Is it possible to have a super favourite item as a media source?

Thanks a ton!
Great plugin!
Smile

Glad you like the addon.

With regards using as a media source, I'm afraid not.
(2015-06-13, 20:20)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 23:01)bakra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 22:03)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Did you put the favourites.xml file in a subfolder called Super Favourites in the location set in the settings?

The log is the standard kodi log, which is usually in the userdata folder.

Can you try making the share a source using the kodi file manager and then set that source as the SF location?

I did put the favorites.xml in a subfolder called Super Favorites

I did already made the share a source using the Kodi filemanager and set that source as the SF location

In the Kodi userdata folder there is no log file.
I'm using openelec, maybe that has something to do with it?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location

I couldn't get it to work with ftp or sftp. So I installed samba on the server and now it is working!
Thank you again for a great addon.
(2015-06-14, 20:38)bakra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-13, 20:20)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 23:01)bakra Wrote: [ -> ]I did put the favorites.xml in a subfolder called Super Favorites

I did already made the share a source using the Kodi filemanager and set that source as the SF location

In the Kodi userdata folder there is no log file.
I'm using openelec, maybe that has something to do with it?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location

I couldn't get it to work with ftp or sftp. So I installed samba on the server and now it is working!
Thank you again for a great addon.

Glad to hear it is now working for you.
Hello,

I've read a few of the most recent pages of this thread and can't find the (what I think is simple) answer to a question I have.

Anyway, why am I not able to make my SF folder the square icon view? For some reason when I set the view to "icons" it's giving me portrait icons and it looks really bad lol. Other non-SF folders seem to be okay with the icon view (squares).

Anyway, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SF and resetting skin settings to default both with no luck. (Using Nebula on Helix 14.2)

Let me know if you know what the problem is,
Thanks for your time,

Andrew

(P.S. I also posted this in the TVaddons forums but I see now that this is the more active place. Thanks again !)
Hey was thinking yday of this Sean, I don't know if its even possible.

Super Favoourites doesn'nt fetch from catche, can you change the behaviour and put a timer on it. So for example if I loaded SF and you set the catching time for 4 hours, then for four hours SF will look if the content is in cache first and then load from cache, after which it clears cache and starts again. I'm doubtful this is even possible because of the way SF works by remembering the last window.

From this thread
http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/31671-...post265774
the Dev nickat talks about xbmcswift2 , will that help?

I can see this as a noticeable speed improvment for SF (working under the hood) also maybe have the caching time user defined in settings?
I thought of another use case, I can clone an addons menu structure in SF and this cloned addon, since its cached will run throuogh menus faster.

Oh lastly if this was possible you could have an option in context menu like
"load without cache"
for times when users want to force loading, not from cache.

what do you think Sean?
(2015-06-15, 17:11)andrewkucz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I've read a few of the most recent pages of this thread and can't find the (what I think is simple) answer to a question I have.

Anyway, why am I not able to make my SF folder the square icon view? For some reason when I set the view to "icons" it's giving me portrait icons and it looks really bad lol. Other non-SF folders seem to be okay with the icon view (squares).

Anyway, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SF and resetting skin settings to default both with no luck. (Using Nebula on Helix 14.2)

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

(P.S. I also posted this in the TVaddons forums but I see now that this is the more active place. Thanks again !)
If you have version 1.0.33 or higher SF sets the content to movie type so it is best viewed by starting from the video/movies menu.

It will then allow you to choose the view type that your current skin allows for movies.

I have just submitted a version (1.0.35)to the org that will also allow you to choose the view type and then set SF to always use that view type.
(2015-06-15, 17:31)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey was thinking yday of this Sean, I don't know if its even possible.

Super Favoourites doesn'nt fetch from catche, can you change the behaviour and put a timer on it. So for example if I loaded SF and you set the catching time for 4 hours, then for four hours SF will look if the content is in cache first and then load from cache, after which it clears cache and starts again. I'm doubtful this is even possible because of the way SF works by remembering the last window.

From this thread
http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/31671-...post265774
the Dev nickat talks about xbmcswift2 , will that help?

I can see this as a noticeable speed improvment for SF (working under the hood) also maybe have the caching time user defined in settings?
I thought of another use case, I can clone an addons menu structure in SF and this cloned addon, since its cached will run throuogh menus faster.

Oh lastly if this was possible you could have an option in context menu like
"load without cache"
for times when users want to force loading, not from cache.

what do you think Sean?
The caching that xbmcswift refers to is caching of webpages so it doesn't refetch the same pages constantly from the same website.

All my my addons already use caching of websites, hence why they are usually quite quick.

What you are referring to is the xbmc caching of directories populated by a call to an addon (controlled by the cacheToDisc parameter I mentioned to you a week or so ago).

I might be able to put in an advanced setting to force it to normally use the cached version (currently it never caches to disk) and then clear it every X hours, I'll have to see if Kodi will allow you to clear it.

One issue would be that it would also cache searches (not iSearches)
...sounds cool lol
so.. this behaviour will be similar to how kodi favourites work? so If I add something to kodi favourites and load from kodi favourites then it loads from cache...right?

will this not affect how SF remembers the last window it was in?
example
create TEST folder
add something from an addon to test folder
now go into SF ->test folder -> open link (into the other addon)

first time loads normal (without cache)

press back and I go into test folder
now press link again and go it fetches from cache
if I press back again I'm back into SF

hence the ordering of the windows is maintained

regarding searches, can you not have an option through context menu to open the link without using cache, if not, I feel like this feature would be more welcomed. interested to see if/how it'll work

p.s I remember the cachetodisc Big Grin
Hi Spoyser

I need some help maybe you know how to setup the Super Favourites context menu...I m using Raspberry Pi2 with openelec and using a Cec remote to control Kodi.....Got a key mapped on my remote to open context menu for kodi but I can't get it to work for the SF context menu...It works fine when I plug in a usb mouse and right click but when I use the mapped key on my remote only the kodi context menu comes up...
Thanks for any help..
(2015-06-15, 20:03)mariofenech Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Spoyser

I need some help maybe you know how to setup the Super Favourites context menu...I m using Raspberry Pi2 with openelec and using a Cec remote to control Kodi.....Got a key mapped on my remote to open context menu for kodi but I can't get it to work for the SF context menu...It works fine when I plug in a usb mouse and right click but when I use the mapped key on my remote only the kodi context menu comes up...
Thanks for any help..

You need something like this in your keymap file, you can of course map it to any key (so you could have one key for Kodi menu and another for SF menu)

Code:
<menu>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</menu>

In this case the addon setting will not be take into account (if you post your keymap entry I'll try and add it to the next release of SF if you wish)
(2015-06-15, 18:52)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 17:11)andrewkucz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

If you have version 1.0.33 or higher SF sets the content to movie type so it is best viewed by starting from the video/movies menu.

It will then allow you to choose the view type that your current skin allows for movies.

I have just submitted a version (1.0.35)to the org that will also allow you to choose the view type and then set SF to always use that view type.

Sorry what do you mean by org? Lol sorry basically what I'm asking is, how do I get this update. I just used github previously.

Thanks again
Thanks for the plugin. Is anyone having a problem using SF in Kodi 15? I have SF on Fire TV using kodi 15.1 and I can not open any Kodi native addons from SF... I can only successfully launch Android apps from within Kodi using SF... works well on Helix Kodi 14.2

Any help is appreciated.

Eje