Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-17, 11:50)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]The Global Search addon searches your libraries for items containing the keywords you have entered.

You cant delete them but they shouldn't show if you don't have the corresponding addon installed.

'libraries' - that was the context that was missing. I have linked an addon to the library (a separate task I was looking at) and the Global Search works as advertised now, thanks.
I was hoping that the Global Search would search all the iSearch TV/Movie addons for the keyword - then you could choose which search result to use.

iRecommend seems to be a cross between a fuzzy logic search and recommendations - starting with and based on the keyword.
Is there an addon which is a recommender (Movie and TV Shows) using the library contents as a starting point, rather than a keyword?

Thanks very much.
(2015-06-18, 10:49)stubiff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-17, 11:50)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]The Global Search addon searches your libraries for items containing the keywords you have entered.

You cant delete them but they shouldn't show if you don't have the corresponding addon installed.

'libraries' - that was the context that was missing. I have linked an addon to the library (a separate task I was looking at) and the Global Search works as advertised now, thanks.
I was hoping that the Global Search would search all the iSearch TV/Movie addons for the keyword - then you could choose which search result to use.

iRecommend seems to be a cross between a fuzzy logic search and recommendations - starting with and based on the keyword.
Is there an addon which is a recommender (Movie and TV Shows) using the library contents as a starting point, rather than a keyword?

Thanks very much.

Which addons were you thinking of. The version in my repo has a few more addons available. It doesn't search any automatically, it simply saves you having to reenter the keywords multiple times to search different addons for the same keywords. iRemember allows you to store keywords for later retrieval back into iSearch (again saves typing, and to store iRecomendations for later use)

iRecommend - the first time in it performs a simple IMDB keyword search, from the results of this it can then identify the IMDB numbers of the returned items, so after the initial search it then uses the actual IMDB number and then presents the results of the 'Also watched' section of the items IMDB page.
SF 1.0.35 now in the official org repo.

The previous version in the org repo was 1.0.25 so this latest version has a load of extra stuff in it (if you have the latest from my own repo 1.0.34 you wont see much extra)

v1.0.35
- Added ability to set default view mode; via settings or from the context menu
- Added descriptions for Super Favourites built-in features
- Added description option, this is automatically populated if the override menu is used to add an item to Super Favourites
- Added more view types (List, Big list, Thumbnail, Poster Wrap, Fanart, Media info, Media info 2, Media info 3) - Launch SF from video menu for most eye candy
- Added ability to add Android Apps directly to Super Favourites via the override menu (finally!)
- Improved the fix for the adding of playlist Super Favourites back to Kodi favourites (existing items will need to be re-added)
- Fixed adding of playlist Super Favourites back to Kodi favourites (existing items may need to be re-added)
- fixed RunScript manual entry handling of extra parameters
- iSearch can now be performed using IMDB numbers (ttxxxxxxx)
- Copy, cut and paste functionality for quickly moving Super Favourites and Super Folders
- Hide folders by adding VISIBLE=false into the folder.cfg file (only manually at the moment)
- Switched over to xbmcvfc - should now allow main SF folder to be located on a share (tested using Samba)
- Improved startup time
- Added new iRemember feature - store your iSearch keywords vailable from the iSearch context menu
- Added iSearch support for YouTube 5.x.x version
- Pressing menu button whilst displaying the Super Favourites override menu will now open standard menu
- Various ascii decoding issues resolved
- Added option to autostart SF when Kodi starts (configurable via settings - Advanced tab)
- Improved iSearch/iRecommend logic when adding to Kodi favourites
- Added manual entry of SF items
- If a file called changelog.txt is found when importing from a zipfile the contents will be displayed when the import is complete
- Fixed override menu from PVR window (10601)
- Added fix for Helix override menu text justification
- Added option to show override context menu as a select dialog
- Fixed folder names containing certain characters, eg +
- Fixed playback when parameters contain commas
- Fixed iSearch for some addons
- Locked Super Folders no longer display inherited thumbnail
- Fixed colourise feature
- Quick fix to enable URL browse menu item in iPlay when there are no playlists
- Added Synopsis to iRecommend items (configurable via settings)
- Complete re-write of SF specific options logic (hopefully to future proof adding SF options)
- New improved Change Playback modes (via Edit Favourites menu) - use if videos loop or refuse to play
- Certain items now only appear in root of SF rather than being configurable
- Added iPlay - explore, manage and play your Playlists from within SF

As always, feedback and suggestions are most welcome
thanks Sean, great work! great addon and great Dev
(2015-06-18, 16:57)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]SF 1.0.35 now in the official org repo.

The previous version in the org repo was 1.0.25 so this latest version has a load of extra stuff in it (if you have the latest from my own repo 1.0.34 you wont see much extra)

v1.0.35
- Added ability to set default view mode; via settings or from the context menu
- Added descriptions for Super Favourites built-in features
- Added description option, this is automatically populated if the override menu is used to add an item to Super Favourites
- Added more view types (List, Big list, Thumbnail, Poster Wrap, Fanart, Media info, Media info 2, Media info 3) - Launch SF from video menu for most eye candy
- Added ability to add Android Apps directly to Super Favourites via the override menu (finally!)
- Improved the fix for the adding of playlist Super Favourites back to Kodi favourites (existing items will need to be re-added)
- Fixed adding of playlist Super Favourites back to Kodi favourites (existing items may need to be re-added)
- fixed RunScript manual entry handling of extra parameters
- iSearch can now be performed using IMDB numbers (ttxxxxxxx)
- Copy, cut and paste functionality for quickly moving Super Favourites and Super Folders
- Hide folders by adding VISIBLE=false into the folder.cfg file (only manually at the moment)
- Switched over to xbmcvfc - should now allow main SF folder to be located on a share (tested using Samba)
- Improved startup time
- Added new iRemember feature - store your iSearch keywords vailable from the iSearch context menu
- Added iSearch support for YouTube 5.x.x version
- Pressing menu button whilst displaying the Super Favourites override menu will now open standard menu
- Various ascii decoding issues resolved
- Added option to autostart SF when Kodi starts (configurable via settings - Advanced tab)
- Improved iSearch/iRecommend logic when adding to Kodi favourites
- Added manual entry of SF items
- If a file called changelog.txt is found when importing from a zipfile the contents will be displayed when the import is complete
- Fixed override menu from PVR window (10601)
- Added fix for Helix override menu text justification
- Added option to show override context menu as a select dialog
- Fixed folder names containing certain characters, eg +
- Fixed playback when parameters contain commas
- Fixed iSearch for some addons
- Locked Super Folders no longer display inherited thumbnail
- Fixed colourise feature
- Quick fix to enable URL browse menu item in iPlay when there are no playlists
- Added Synopsis to iRecommend items (configurable via settings)
- Complete re-write of SF specific options logic (hopefully to future proof adding SF options)
- New improved Change Playback modes (via Edit Favourites menu) - use if videos loop or refuse to play
- Certain items now only appear in root of SF rather than being configurable
- Added iPlay - explore, manage and play your Playlists from within SF

As always, feedback and suggestions are most welcome

Hello, I wrote to you a few days back about the view type problem I've been having.

Even with the new view type option in settings, I'm not able to get the square icons in "icon view" that I want.

I've tried creating a new folder and every no matter what, the view type "icons" always shows portrait (rectangular) icons.

Anyway, let me know if you think I'm doing something wrong or what I can try to fix this.

Thanks for your help.
@andrewkucz

Can you let me know what skin you are using and what the view mode in question is called, also what menu are you launching SF from.

Edit
Ive had a look and it seems to be because in SF I am setting the view type to movies, in this case that skin defaults to the portrait style icons.
Hi Spoyser firstly a huge thanks i dont use sf to anywhere near its full capability but i do love it.

im having the same issue the icons have all gone squashed on aeon nox skin is there a fix i can do to swap them back

thank you
(2015-06-18, 11:16)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 10:49)stubiff Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks very much.

Which addons were you thinking of. The version in my repo has a few more addons available. It doesn't search any automatically, it simply saves you having to reenter the keywords multiple times to search different addons for the same keywords. iRemember allows you to store keywords for later retrieval back into iSearch (again saves typing, and to store iRecomendations for later use)

iRecommend - the first time in it performs a simple IMDB keyword search, from the results of this it can then identify the IMDB numbers of the returned items, so after the initial search it then uses the actual IMDB number and then presents the results of the 'Also watched' section of the items IMDB page.

I use Ge and Sa addons - so automatically searching those (or any installed/in the list I suppose) - then showing the amalgamated results so you could choose the best stream.
Thanks.
(2015-06-18, 20:07)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]@andrewkucz

Can you let me know what skin you are using and what the view mode in question is called, also what menu are you launching SF from.

Edit
Ive had a look and it seems to be because in SF I am setting the view type to movies, in this case that skin defaults to the portrait style icons.

Yeah I kind of figured it was something like that based on stuff I've read elsewhere.

I'm using the theme Nebula btw. But anyway, do you think there's anything I can do (program file modification or otherwise) to try to force remedy my situation?

Thanks
(2015-06-19, 16:54)andrewkucz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 20:07)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]@andrewkucz

Edit

Yeah I kind of figured it was something like that based on stuff I've read elsewhere.

I'm using the theme Nebula btw. But anyway, do you think there's anything I can do (program file modification or otherwise) to try to force remedy my situation?

Thanks

If you fancy editing code, take a look in default.py and change:

Code:
if doEnd:
    if len(contentType) > 0:
        xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), contentType)
    xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]), cacheToDisc=cacheToDisc)
    if VIEWTYPE > 0:        
        xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(%d)' % VIEWTYPE)

to

Code:
if doEnd:
    xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]), cacheToDisc=cacheToDisc)
    if VIEWTYPE > 0:        
        xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(%d)' % VIEWTYPE)

This will however prevent the description feature from working as that relies on setting the plot to the description and thhen setting the content to movies.

I'll put a setting in for this but that won't be for a while.
Thank you very much for the temp fix!

Keep up the great work, your addon is the best

-Andrew
Hi there

I am having trouble getting the temp folder shortcut working in super favourites. I added the temp folder to my Kodi favourites and it works perfectly.
However when I add this Kodi favourite to SF it only takes me to to the main file manger window.

Any ideas?
(2015-06-20, 20:31)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there

I am having trouble getting the temp folder shortcut working in super favourites. I added the temp folder to my Kodi favourites and it works perfectly.
However when I add this Kodi favourite to SF it only takes me to to the main file manger window.

Any ideas?

What do you mean by temp folder shortcut?
A shortcut to access the files located in the temp which is located in the Kodi folder.
(2015-06-20, 21:30)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]A shortcut to access the files located in the temp which is located in the Kodi folder.

Ah okay.

Can you let me know what you did to add it to the standard Kodi favourites, and I'll take a look.