Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-30, 21:04)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]cool Big Grin I'll try it when my family doesnt hog kodi lol
quick question since this is in the official repo are you thinking of adding this as default in isearch and when users click on it, a message come up like "this addon not installed, would you like to install it" similar to iplayer (official in kodi repo)?

also have you tried using the feature?

aren't you missing the > at the end of the code

Typo fixed Smile

iSearch addons that are not installed do not get shown at the moment (but I might change that)

Need to look into being able to set the images as fanart too as only thumbs supported at moment.
yeah came across that limitation when trying to add an image as fanart. goodluck
Hi me again i found a glitch on my side when you enable global menu in sf and return to the addon item to fav in sf some times sf go's trippie with overuling with the original one maybe it's only with the frodo build
Or quarts skin Huh
Really loving the test feature, but not sure if this is by design but once you copy a favourite the dialogue box doesn't exit and you have to press another key to get rid of it, I press directional keys.
Is sorting possible for a Super Favourites folder? By that I mean sorting alphabetically as items are added to a folder. I realize it can be done manually by moving an item up and down but it can be rather tedious in doing so.
(2015-07-01, 18:09)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]Is sorting possible for a Super Favourites folder? By that I mean sorting alphabetically as items are added to a folder. I realize it can be done manually by moving an item up and down but it can be rather tedious in doing so.

I could add it as a setting
(2015-07-01, 18:34)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-01, 18:09)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]Is sorting possible for a Super Favourites folder? By that I mean sorting alphabetically as items are added to a folder. I realize it can be done manually by moving an item up and down but it can be rather tedious in doing so.

Sorting would be a great feature addition to Super Favourites. Thanks for considering it and hopefully implementing it.
(2015-07-01, 18:43)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-01, 18:34)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorting would be a great feature addition to Super Favourites. Thanks for considering it and hopefully implementing it.

If you're capable of installing from zip you can try this beta version out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip

This has the sorting as an option in display settings
(2015-07-01, 12:23)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]Really loving the test feature, but not sure if this is by design but once you copy a favourite the dialogue box doesn't exit and you have to press another key to get rid of it, I press directional keys.

Can you elaborate as that makes no sense LOL
after bringing up the SF context menu and selecting copy thumbnail the context menu stays on screen. I had to press the directional key to get rid of the context menu.
(2015-06-30, 21:32)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]yeah came across that limitation when trying to add an image as fanart. goodluck

Can you try this version:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip

Basically in this version if an item has no fanart then it copies the thumbnail into the fanart slot.

This version also has the Googe Image Search iSearch item working so you don't need %2b:

Code:
    <favourite name="Google Image Search" thumb="special://home/addons\plugin.image.google\icon.png">    ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.image.google/?mode=103&amp;name=Search%20icon&amp;page=1&amp;url=q%3d[%SF+%]&quot;,return)</favourite>

You will notice it uses [%SF+%] instead of [%SF%]

Also has an alphabetical sort item in the display settings
(2015-07-01, 19:39)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]after bringing up the SF context menu and selecting copy thumbnail the context menu stays on screen. I had to press the directional key to get rid of the context menu.

What skin/kodi version as it doesn't on mine?

Also is it only the Copy thumbnail and fanart option that does this?

How does pressing the directional get rid of it?
not sure but seems slightly slower?? maybe me. also when searching for an item and then be taken to the page where you select an addon to search in, it then does something because the working icon pings up for a second?

I can't see the google image search either?
(2015-07-01, 19:50)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see the google image search either?

Manually add this to your iSearch xml file

Code:
<favourite name="Google Image Search" thumb="special://home/addons\plugin.image.google\icon.png">    ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.image.google/?mode=103&amp;name=Search%20icon&amp;page=1&amp;url=q%3d[%SF+%]&quot;,return)</favourite>
confluence, OpenELEC 4.2.1 (arm)
yes the copy thumbnail and fanart, the other options are fine, once I select them, they complete without any abnormalities.

It doesn't have to be directional keys, basically once I slected the copy function then its as though the context menu has gone but I can still see it on screen. so if I press any other action then kodi goes ahead without doing anything to the SF context menu

I've had this behaviour happen to be before. not sure on which occasion. maybe its nothing and my quirky setup somehow, not a big deal