Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-04, 07:28)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 18:21)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]I have three questions and I have tried to solve before I've posted.
I would appreciate anyone who could assist me.

1: Remote SF load
I would like to load SF.zip from a webserver. I have a pretty (imo) awsome Favorites setup, and as I change it I want to be able to have my machines (and friends) load the changes as I update the zip. I've tried doing this with onedrive/google and such but it doesn't work. I assume it's because the site isn't actually serving the zip, it's ending in a URL that doesn't show the file extension so my assumption is that doesn't try because it doesn't see .zip.

Is my assumption correct or will the add-on not load a remote superfav setup the way I've described?

Can you PM me the link and I'll take a look, it should work.

(2015-08-01, 18:21)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]2. Icons broken
When I create a SF folder, give it an icon, do whatever. Rename, move change, delete, re-ad it's all cool on my PC.
When I move the config to an android box, they're broken. I have tested this with a combo of 10 devices an it holds true.
If I use the "broken" copy on the android, the links work, I can change the art work and it stays.
If I move it back to the PC, it works.
If I make a change to the folder or item - an then move it back, it's broken again.

Is there a workaround to this so I can actually get all the icons/folders that are on my PC to work on my other units after moving the data folders?
I can recreate this using confluance or mimic. On 14.2, 15 rc2, 15 stable with win 7,8.1,10 and android kitkat and lolli.

Again, it should work, can you confirm how you are moving the items onto the Android device?

(2015-08-01, 18:21)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]3. I have one folder for live TV with over 100 channels, is there an easy way to put them in alphabetical order?

http://1drv.ms/1hcetpz | screen shot

Thank-you in advance for any help.

There is a setting under the Display Settings tab, although this currently is a Global setting for SF.

I've sent the link to the ZIP via PM and also details for my 2nd question.

re: Alphabetical, I look and it doesn't appear there's an option for that. | http://1drv.ms/1K1VQeU
(2015-08-04, 15:53)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 07:28)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 18:21)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]I have three questions and I have tried to solve before I've posted.
I would appreciate anyone who could assist me.

1: Remote SF load
I would like to load SF.zip from a webserver. I have a pretty (imo) awsome Favorites setup, and as I change it I want to be able to have my machines (and friends) load the changes as I update the zip. I've tried doing this with onedrive/google and such but it doesn't work. I assume it's because the site isn't actually serving the zip, it's ending in a URL that doesn't show the file extension so my assumption is that doesn't try because it doesn't see .zip.

Is my assumption correct or will the add-on not load a remote superfav setup the way I've described?

Can you PM me the link and I'll take a look, it should work.

(2015-08-01, 18:21)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]2. Icons broken
When I create a SF folder, give it an icon, do whatever. Rename, move change, delete, re-ad it's all cool on my PC.
When I move the config to an android box, they're broken. I have tested this with a combo of 10 devices an it holds true.
If I use the "broken" copy on the android, the links work, I can change the art work and it stays.
If I move it back to the PC, it works.
If I make a change to the folder or item - an then move it back, it's broken again.

Is there a workaround to this so I can actually get all the icons/folders that are on my PC to work on my other units after moving the data folders?
I can recreate this using confluance or mimic. On 14.2, 15 rc2, 15 stable with win 7,8.1,10 and android kitkat and lolli.

Again, it should work, can you confirm how you are moving the items onto the Android device?

(2015-08-01, 18:21)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]3. I have one folder for live TV with over 100 channels, is there an easy way to put them in alphabetical order?

http://1drv.ms/1hcetpz | screen shot

Thank-you in advance for any help.

There is a setting under the Display Settings tab, although this currently is a Global setting for SF.

I've sent the link to the ZIP via PM and also details for my 2nd question.

re: Alphabetical, I look and it doesn't appear there's an option for that. | http://1drv.ms/1K1VQeU

I've PMed you.
(2015-08-03, 20:17)dimyself Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-03, 16:43)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-03, 05:53)dimyself Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new here! I can't seem to find any answer to this question...

Is there any way to do a mass import of favorites? I want to add alot of stalker tv channels into super favorites, and I don't see a way to do this?

1st I think I would need to add all the channels I want into favorites,

2nd import them all into super favorites folder at one time.

How to do this?

Thanks

No mass import, but if you enable the SF Global menu you should be able to add directly to SF from you addon without having to go via the standard Kodi favourites.

ok thanks! that'll make it a little easier. but with so many channels its still going to be a major chore. if i backup my kodi directories (userdata/addons), i assume it'll retain the super favorites for other kodi setups?

Yes it will keep them, or you can use the import/export functionality (see the Advanced Settings section)
(2015-08-04, 07:31)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 05:18)dimyself Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on kodi 15. When I enable global sf menu, when I show the context menu I don't see add to super favorites, only add to favorites. ...which doesn't add to sf. What am I missing?

*edit ... I see sf menu, however the context menu is screwed up now. It looks like half the menu is cut off. I don't see add to favorites anymore either or any other options, only sf. I can include a pic if needed

Odd, I thought that had been fixed. Can you confirm what version of SF you are using? I'm thinking maybe an Isengard thing, are you using the release version or an earlier nightly/RC?

In the meantime, change the menu style to Dialog.

Edit
This is a problem only with the release version of Isengard, I will push a fix soon but in the meantime use the dialog style of menu.

thanks for the reply... it was the version listed in video addons. i'm using version 1.0.35

i guess an update might fix this eventually? i will use dialog, thanks
Hello everyone.

the super favorite was working great until the realse of 1.0.38.1 or 1.0.38 not sure wich one.

now it can't read hebrew and failes where ever there is hebrew charecters.

please fix the problem.

thank you
Adi
(2015-08-10, 10:27)adito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone.

the super favorite was working great until the realse of 1.0.38.1 or 1.0.38 not sure wich one.

please fix the problem.

thank you
Adi

Can you enable debugging and then post a link to the log file?
(2015-08-10, 11:41)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-10, 10:27)adito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone.

please fix the problem.

thank you
Adi

it happened in the update to 1.0.38.1
in 1.0.38 everything working fine

[/quote]

[/quote]

how can I do that?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have enabled the debugging mode in "super favoriets".

I have the kodi.log file in my pc, how can I post it here?

this is the error from the log file:UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd7 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

I believe.
anyway it happens in every 1 of my 7 devices of mine

please can anyone fix it?

thank you
can I go back to 1.0.38 and disable the autoupdate of only this addon?
I noticed that when I'm setting the view within a folder of Super Favorites, it would remember that view for all folders within Super Favorites. I was hoping that I could set unique views for different folders.
Was it designed this way specifically or am I doing something wrong?
(2015-08-10, 21:21)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that when I'm setting the view within a folder of Super Favorites, it would remember that view for all folders within Super Favorites. I was hoping that I could set unique views for different folders.
Was it designed this way specifically or am I doing something wrong?

In the settings set the view type to zero. It will then simply set each folder to the same as it was the previous time you opened it (configurable using the left pull out menu)
(2015-08-10, 20:14)adito Wrote: [ -> ]can I go back to 1.0.38 and disable the autoupdate of only this addon?

Unfortunately not. Any chance you can upload your favourites.xml file?

Can you post the bit of the log where it shows what line the error occurred on?
Can I upload files here??
how?

It's something with the last update for sure!
I guess it's something with unicode....
(2015-08-10, 23:46)adito Wrote: [ -> ]Can I upload files here??
how?

It's something with the last update for sure!
I guess it's something with unicode....

PM me for upload details.

Can you let me know at what point the error occurs?
[/quote]

PM me for upload details.
[/quote]

When I'm trying to pm you..

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'adito'

[/quote]
Can you let me know at what point the error occurs?
[/quote]
When I'm trying to acces super favorites folders with addons in it and 1 of the addons or more are in hebrew...

and if I try to explore kodi favorites and 1 or more of the favorites are in hebrew.

it doesn't even opens the super favorite context menu on an addon if it's in hebrew.

thank you