Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was in the advanced option to import file from a drive on my network.

Here is the log with the debug option started.

http://xbmclogs.com/pycextil3
(2015-08-16, 23:18)tharunam Wrote: [ -> ]I was in the advanced option to import file from a drive on my network.

The error is saying that the file you are trying to import doesn't exist.
(2015-08-16, 23:22)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-16, 23:18)tharunam Wrote: [ -> ]I was in the advanced option to import file from a drive on my network.

I can see the file that I am choosing at my network location.

I see it and then click on it like I do for other things.

It is not selected from my imagination but I am right on the file.

Others have the same problem.

Thanks for your reply.
(2015-08-16, 23:40)tharunam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-16, 23:22)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't aware of others having the same problem.

Given that it also works for others I'd suggest the problem is at your end, some sort of network or permissions issue maybe?

Can you try exporting to the same location?

Also in one of the logs you posted you have debug disabled (via your advancedsettings.xml file), can you temporarily switch it back on.
(2015-08-17, 08:27)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-16, 23:40)tharunam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-16, 23:22)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]The error is saying that the file you are trying to import doesn't exist.

Thanks for your reply.

Given that it also works for others I'd suggest the problem is at your end, some sort of network or permissions issue maybe?

Also in one of the logs you posted you have debug disabled (via your advancedsettings.xml file), can you temporarily switch it back on.

Here is the log with debug on http://xbmclogs.com/poct2tavc

I am trying to import from a location where I install other add-ons.

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks
(2015-08-17, 15:03)tharunam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-17, 08:27)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-16, 23:40)tharunam Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the file that I am choosing at my network location.

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the log with debug on http://xbmclogs.com/poct2tavc

I am trying to import from a location where I install other add-ons.

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks

Tbh there isn't much I can do, it isn't a problem with SF since it works correctly on a correctly configured network.

Did you try exporting to the same location.
Hi,

In the SF context menu I have isearch and "Genesis TV isearch" but how, if it is same function, in Global Menu is the default isearch (Genesis?) assigned as I have a few video addons and can I change it?

I sifted through this thread and the SF changelog but didn't find explanations of all the functions, just the key ones mainly. Is there such a list?

Cheers
(2015-08-19, 10:22)tvkod Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

In the SF context menu I have isearch and "Addon TV isearch" but how, if it is same function, in Global Menu is the default isearch assigned as I have a few video addons and can I change it?

I sifted through this thread and the SF changelog but didn't find explanations of all the functions, just the key ones mainly. Is there such a list?

Cheers

Can you edit you post to remove the banned addon by name.

It picks the first addon in the list of iSearch addons and offers that as the default. The iSearch items can be reordered via the Edit Favourite option on the context menu.

Bear in mind iSearch is only enabled for certain addons. If you can post the ones your interested in I can take a look (make sure they aren't banned) and see if they are available (or could be added)
Hi spoyser
Great addon cheers.
Can I just ask you a couple of things though.
I created a favourite but then decided I didn't want one of them in there and I couldn't find a delete option only cut and paste.
Am I doing it wrong?
Also I have created a favourite to the albums section in the google music experimental addon and do you know if its possible that when I'm on my home screen and I press on music I can get it to go directly to the album favourite I made.
I know its probably skin specific but in general is this something you've heard can be done.
Thanks Smile
(2015-08-19, 13:44)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi spoyser
Great addon cheers.
I created a favourite but then decided I didn't want one of them in there and I couldn't find a delete option only cut and paste.
Am I doing it wrong?
Also I have created a favourite to the albums section in the google music experimental addon and do you know if its possible that when I'm on my home screen and I press on music I can get it to go directly to the album favourite I made.
I know its probably skin specific but in general is this something you've heard can be done.
Thanks Smile

Thanks.

I know that some skins allow Kodi favourites to be added to the home screen, so in SF you can add the Google Music favourite you have created back Kodis favourites and then add that to the home screen.

Can't think of another way without like you say actually modifying the skin.

With regards deleting, open the context menu on the item to delete, select Edit Favourite, and then from the next dialog choose remove.
(2015-08-19, 14:11)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-19, 13:44)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi spoyser
Great addon cheers.
Am I doing it wrong?
Thanks Smile

Thanks.

I know that some skins allow Kodi favourites to be added to the home screen, so in SF you can add the Google Music favourite you have created back Kodis favourites and then add that to the home screen.

Can't think of another way without like you say actually modifying the skin.

With regards deleting, open the context menu on the item to delete, select Edit Favourite, and then from the next dialog choose remove.
Thanks for the reply Smile
I didn't even think to look in the edit section lol
That's how I have my setup at the moment so when I move over to music the favourite shows up above it and I go up to it but I was just wanting to get it more of a 1 click experience (mainly for my wife) so I just click music and its there.. I will have a mess around
Thanks again
(2015-08-19, 13:12)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-19, 10:22)tvkod Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

In the SF context menu I have isearch and "Addon TV isearch" but how, if it is same function, in Global Menu is the default isearch assigned as I have a few video addons and can I change it?

Cheers

Can you edit you post to remove the banned addon by name.

It picks the first addon in the list of iSearch addons and offers that as the default. The iSearch items can be reordered via the Edit Favourite option on the context menu.

Bear in mind iSearch is only enabled for certain addons. If you can post the ones your interested in I can take a look (make sure they aren't banned) and see if they are available (or could be added)

Thanks a lot. Smile

Picking the first in the list didn't occur to me. Hence, my following point. We are all in agreement that you are doing an amazing job with this program. Still it would be good to let me some users catch up with your changes by providing a more detailed changelog or up to date user guide. The YouTube videos (am I allowed to mentioned that word here?) are either getting dated or focus on folder creation.

The addons you have provided are fine and thank you for your offer to add others. I won't even mention an addon name anyway because in forums like these (bar Total XBMC) there are so many convoluted rules for the occasional contributor and censorship seems to be the first reaction rather than the last.
I have moved my /.kodi/ equiv to an android box and it appears that the menus have all gone back to "list" mode and they were set as icons/media view depending on content.

1. Is there a way to keep the views I've set on a PC and have them be identical on an android unit? I presumed moving the config files was all that was required.
2. I have searched online to find out the "view types" and their corresponding codes "list, icons, banner, etc". Is there a list view codes / actual views?

Thank-you fine, fine sir.
(2015-08-24, 23:50)usemy Wrote: [ -> ]I have moved my /.kodi/ equiv to an android box and it appears that the menus have all gone back to "list" mode and they were set as icons/media view depending on content.

1. Is there a way to keep the views I've set on a PC and have them be identical on an android unit? I presumed moving the config files was all that was required.
2. I have searched online to find out the "view types" and their corresponding codes "list, icons, banner, etc". Is there a list view codes / actual views?

Thank-you fine, fine sir.

If you set the view to the one you want via the pull-out dialog then select 'Remember View Type' from the context menu.

That should do it.