Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-06, 16:56)mediaman09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-06, 16:08)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Edit this file:

/720p/DialogFavourites.xml (or might be1080)

in you current skins folder and put this right at the top of the file

Code:
<window type="dialog"><onload>RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/launcher.py)</onload></window>

You can leave the rest of the file alone.

On this one, I don't have a DialogFavorites.xml file ( I only see that file in a Aeon Nox subfolder, soon to be removed) .

I do have a Favourites.xml file, but I don think the above code tweak was meant for that file.

Are you sure you don't have that file for Confluence (will be in the \skin.confluence\720p folder for Confluence)

(2015-09-06, 16:56)mediaman09 Wrote: [ -> ]Might be a nice future feature in the SF settings, ie Set Home Page favourites icon to Kodi Favourites vs Super Favourites.

I would love to add this, but unfortunately there is no way to do it without modifying the skin.
Mystery solved. I was looking in \Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons and you were wanting me to look in \Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\
(2015-09-07, 19:45)mediaman09 Wrote: [ -> ]Mystery solved. I was looking in \Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons and you were wanting me to look in \Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\

Nice one, I assume the edit worked okay?
I have just release 1.0.39 (only in my repo at the moment but will be submitting to org very soon)

This has quite a major update which will almost certainly pass everyone by Smile

Items can now be added to the Global SF menu from any addon Smile

If any devs are interested in this the details can be found in the readme.txt that ships with the addon or drop me a PM for more info.
I tried looking for the plugin folder as stated in the text and it was not to be found. Am I to create this folder? Yes, I do have the latest update.
(2015-09-14, 04:46)markaisi Wrote: [ -> ]I tried looking for the plugin folder as stated in the text and it was not to be found. Am I to create this folder? Yes, I do have the latest update.

It doesn't get created by default (bit of an oversight, it will do in next release, but very easy to create in code)

The folder is called Plugins

Are you trying to add something to the menu, if so give me a PM and I'll guide you through the process.
Hi spoyser-
Looking for some guidance and hopefully I can explain.
Having an issue with Super Favorites.
I go in to super favorites and create a new super folder (test). From inside an addon youtube I highlight "best of youtube", I bring up context menu and save to favorites. From Super favorites I click on explore Kodi Favorites, I then copy the link just saved to my super folder. (that all works fine) I can see the favorite in the super favorite folder.

In the skin (CCM-Helix), I add a new menu item, When adding, I explore Video addon NODES, I browse to super favorites and then to the folder TEST and add it to the main menu with a name of supertest.
Now when back to the default main menu I see Video Addons, Programs, system, and my new menu Sports.
When hoovering over the Sports menu, I now see the link I had saved that includes youtube "best of youtube" link. Now when click on the link (from the main supertest menu option) it opens, for a brief second I can see the list of games scheduled and then it instantly switches to the default menu choices of
Files
Playlists
Video Add-ons

I have tried with various addons and different links, they all do the same and go back to default video add-ons screen.
Obviously when I go to the addon directly (or even from the regular favorites section, the links open normally)

Any thoughts. Thanks
Can anyone else try to reproduce the above and see if the results are the same? Thanks
Having a bit of a problem - prob. me doing something wrong. I'm trying to use an activate window command as the action starting from a menu item in eminence.

I'm using the following:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=400&path=/sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/TV Channels")

This is on a FireTV, so the path SHOULD be correct. What comes up is just the normal base library menu (Movies, Tv Shows, Newly added Tv Shows, etc etc.) and I'm a bit stumped on what I should be changing.
(2015-09-18, 02:48)Necromancyr Wrote: [ -> ]Having a bit of a problem - prob. me doing something wrong. I'm trying to use an activate window command as the action starting from a menu item in eminence.

I'm using the following:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=400&path=/sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/TV Channels")

This is on a FireTV, so the path SHOULD be correct. What comes up is just the normal base library menu (Movies, Tv Shows, Newly added Tv Shows, etc etc.) and I'm a bit stumped on what I should be changing.

Can you enable debug logging in the SF settings and they try triggering your item, then upload the log to a pastebin site?

Not sure at what point you are entering the command but can you try it without the quotes?

Can you try adding the SF folder to Kodi favourites and see if that works?
(2015-09-17, 19:55)DWhite Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone else try to reproduce the above and see if the results are the same? Thanks

Not really sure how that skin triggers menu items but I'll take a look.
(2015-09-18, 08:52)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-17, 19:55)DWhite Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone else try to reproduce the above and see if the results are the same? Thanks

Not really sure how that skin triggers menu items but I'll take a look.

Thank you, that is much appreciated.
(2015-09-18, 08:50)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-18, 02:48)Necromancyr Wrote: [ -> ]Having a bit of a problem - prob. me doing something wrong. I'm trying to use an activate window command as the action starting from a menu item in eminence.

I'm using the following:

Can you enable debug logging in the SF settings and they try triggering your item, then upload the log to a pastebin site?

Not sure at what point you are entering the command but can you try it without the quotes?

Can you try adding the SF folder to Kodi favourites and see if that works?

Will do. May take me a few days to do so, busy weekend, but I'll check all of them. And I'm entering the commend as a 'custom command' in the Eminence skin - for an icon on it's main menu bar.
I had to do a restore from backup... and now I cant right click to add to Super Favourites ( can only add to Kodi favourites)

What setting do I need to change to get that option back?
(2015-09-18, 18:24)mediaman09 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to do a restore from backup... and now I cant right click to add to Super Favourites ( can only add to Kodi favourites)

What setting do I need to change to get that option back?

It is in the SF settings under menu options I think (from memory)