Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-13, 00:15)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]No, just launch SF from the music addons menu

Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).
I've also noticed when selecting an icon image for a folder it uses the full OS path not the special:// path as it does with fanart. It means images get broken when transferring SF to another system.
thanks again for the reply spoyser, i just removed njm and made the fodlers i had to make then re installed njm once done. it is a strange one though but i managed to do what i had to do. hoepfully by the time i need to make new folders the issue would have just disappeared. One of the most useful and handy addons in kodi this though, great work
(2015-11-13, 01:45)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I've also noticed when selecting an icon image for a folder it uses the full OS path not the special:// path as it does with fanart. It means images get broken when transferring SF to another system.

That sounds like a bug, I'll take a look.

Edit
Yep definitely a bug. Fixed in the default.py I linked you to.
Will be in next release.
(2015-11-13, 00:26)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 00:15)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]No, just launch SF from the music addons menu

Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).

One last thing to try.

Try disabling the movie content view in the SF Display settings.

Otherwise I think you will have to ask the skin author what property is being used to set the icon and I can then add it to SF

Edit
I've now tried the skin and it looks like it as working as designed, you just don't like how it is designed Smile

So I think the solution is def ask the author what property is used for the thumbnails in the thumbs (etc) views. It probably uses the fanart as a fallback if the correct property isn't set.
(2015-11-13, 10:02)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise I think you will have to ask the skin author what property is being used to set the icon and I can then add it to SF

Landscape oriented views: ListItem.Art(landscape)
Banner oriented views: ListItem.Art(banner)
Poster oriented views: ListItem.Art(poster)

ListItem.Thumb is used as last resort if none of the native types work.
For landscape and banner views the Fanart will be used as fallback if the native type failed.

If you want to fix this for all skins I think you should need to set the arttype right with listitem.SetArt()
(2015-11-13, 12:42)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 10:02)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise I think you will have to ask the skin author what property is being used to set the icon and I can then add it to SF

Landscape oriented views: ListItem.Art(landscape)
Banner oriented views: ListItem.Art(banner)
Poster oriented views: ListItem.Art(poster)

ListItem.Thumb is used as last resort if none of the native types work.
For landscape and banner views the Fanart will be used as fallback if the native type failed.

If you want to fix this for all skins I think you should need to set the arttype right with listitem.SetArt()

Lol looks like posts crossed!

I'll take a look a see what I can do
(2015-11-13, 13:31)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Lol looks like posts crossed!

Let me know if I can be at any further assistance.
By setting the arttypes correctly this will work for all skins with specific views so I guess its the best to change it in your addon.
Offcourse I can change the VAR in the skin to prefer the Thumb in case of SF addon but that's only one skin, better approach would be if it will work in any skin.
(2015-11-13, 13:34)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

By setting the arttypes correctly this will work for all skins with specific views so I guess its the best to change it in your addon.
Offcourse I can change the VAR in the skin to prefer the Thumb in case of SF addon but that's only one skin, better approach would be if it will work in any skin.

Cheers, its definitely better to fix it at my end, I'm looking at it now

Okay, I think it is fixed, can you download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...default.py

And overwrite the current SF file with it (assuming you are on 1.0.41 from my repo)

Let me know if that works how you think it should.
(2015-11-13, 13:34)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers for the help, got it all working now. Took a while to realize the setArt needed a dictionary LOL
(2015-11-13, 14:43)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the help, got it all working now. Took a while to realize the setArt needed a dictionary LOL

Great!
(2015-11-13, 14:18)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay, I think it is fixed, can you download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...default.py

And overwrite the current SF file with it (assuming you are on 1.0.41 from my repo)

Let me know if that works how you think it should.
Thanks mate will give it a go later and let you know Smile
(2015-11-12, 06:48)santos954 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='springroll' pid='2079704' dateline='1439560249']
spoyser - any thoughts on this? Thanks!

[quote='springroll' pid='2077545' dateline='1439346565']
[quote='spoyser' pid='2077358' dateline='1439327229']

Now I have another question. I added a Super Favorites folder as a widget to the home screen. The widget works fine and the items in the folder would show up correctly too. The problem is that once I'm in the individual add-on of the items within the folder, once I hit the remote to go back, it doesn't go back to the Super Favorites folder menu, instead it goes back to the main Video menu. Is there something I need to do when setting up the widget, so it would return to the folder when leaving the add-on from the folder?
Sorry for making it sound more convoluted than it actually is.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I can't find it anywhere.

What skin are you using to create the widget?
(2015-11-08, 19:15)YippeeKaiay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi spoyser. I know you have an option to display a folder in alphabetical order and I have that disabled as I isually want them in the order I add things. Is it possible to add an option to make only selected folders alphabetical? Thanks Smile

I'll see what I can do

Edit
Will be in next version