Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-13, 14:18)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 00:26)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 00:15)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]No, just launch SF from the music addons menu

Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).

Okay, I think it is fixed, can you download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...default.py

And overwrite the current SF file with it (assuming you are on 1.0.41 from my repo)

Let me know if that works how you think it should.
Doesn't seem to have made a difference. Could be the cache though. Will have a longer look tomorrow.
(2015-11-13, 23:04)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 14:18)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 00:26)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).

Okay, I think it is fixed, can you download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...default.py

And overwrite the current SF file with it (assuming you are on 1.0.41 from my repo)

Let me know if that works how you think it should.
Doesn't seem to have made a difference. Could be the cache though. Will have a longer look tomorrow.

What version of kodi are you running? I tested it on Isengard.

It uses a fairly new call (setArt) but I can't find out exactly when that was added.
15.2 Got your latest SF from your repo too.
(2015-11-13, 23:45)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]What version of kodi are you running? I tested it on Isengard.
It uses a fairly new call (setArt) but I can't find out exactly when that was added.
setArt is there since Frodo as that is when the whole new artwork structure was introduced, maybe even earlier.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...tem-setArt
(2015-11-14, 00:22)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]15.2 Got your latest SF from your repo too.

Seem okay here, this is a before and after the fix (thumbs view)

(2015-11-14, 16:51)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 23:45)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]What version of kodi are you running? I tested it on Isengard.
setArt is there since Frodo as that is when the whole new artwork structure was introduced, maybe even earlier.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...tem-setArt

Not on my dev machine that is still running Frodo it isn't Smile

Code:
15:11:15 T:6008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'setArt'
(2015-11-14, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Not on my dev machine that is still running Frodo it isn't Smile

Oh damn, that's a shame. Maybe added in Gotham than. No way to track it as far as I can see.
Great that you got it working btw. One thing however: There are now posters/thumbs set as landscape. Imo this doesn't look great and the fanart would be a better fit (as it's the right aspect ratio).

Isn't it true that the favourites thumbs are always poster aspect ratio ?
(2015-11-14, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-14, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Not on my dev machine that is still running Frodo it isn't Smile

Oh damn, that's a shame. Maybe added in Gotham than. No way to track it as far as I can see.
Great that you got it working btw.

Not a problem tbh my living room machine is on Isengard so I can still test stuff.

Probably added in Gotham at a guess
(2015-11-13, 14:43)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 13:34)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 13:31)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Lol looks like posts crossed!
I'll take a look a see what I can do

Let me know if I can be at any further assistance.
By setting the arttypes correctly this will work for all skins with specific views so I guess its the best to change it in your addon.
Offcourse I can change the VAR in the skin to prefer the Thumb in case of SF addon but that's only one skin, better approach would be if it will work in any skin.

Cheers for the help, got it all working now. Took a while to realize the setArt needed a dictionary LOL
Ok so I tried again and it seems to be working great now. Thanks again! Smile
(2015-11-14, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ][One thing however: There are now posters/thumbs set as landscape. Imo this doesn't look great and the fanart would be a better fit (as it's the right aspect ratio).

Yes you have a point but at least now we can set a different image for the thumbs which could be in the correct aspect ratio. I'm assuming it will default back to the fanart if there isn't one defined in the .cfg file?

Spoyser I've just noticed it isn't actually working with panel square view?
Also, strangely its working ok on my openelec Pi but on my win x64 machine it still doesnt display correctly.
(2015-11-14, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

Great that you got it working btw. One thing however: There are now posters/thumbs set as landscape. Imo this doesn't look great and the fanart would be a better fit (as it's the right aspect ratio).

I know what you mean, I think I'll add a setting to allow user to choose fanart or thumb.

But it does feel a bit odd that a view called thumb actually displays fanart Smile
Hi Sean,

Im sure it has been covered in this thread but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to figure out how the isearch item works. I put in my search what i/m looking for then it gives me a list of addons to choose. I think ive got that right.

How can I edit the addons list that comes up. Add, Delete, move up and down (up and down doesnt seem to work)

Id like to add iplayerWWW to the addon list.

Also what i would like if it is possible is a LiveTV section of addons where i could search for a channel, say SkyF1 and have all the addons that have it come up.

I dont know if that is at all possible but worth a try.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
(2015-11-14, 20:06)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sean,

Im sure it has been covered in this thread but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to figure out how the isearch item works. I put in my search what i/m looking for then it gives me a list of addons to choose. I think ive got that right.

How can I edit the addons list that comes up. Add, Delete, move up and down (up and down doesnt seem to work)

Id like to add iplayerWWW to the addon list.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

You really need to know how to code up an addon in order to understand how to add new addons to iSearch because it needs an understanding of the addons Search functionality, unfortunately there is no easy explanation as all addons are coded differently.

Basically the addon needs to be coded in such as way as to allow a pre-populated search to be called. A favourite is then created in which the keywords are replaced with [%SF%] as a place holder, eg

Code:
<favourite name="iPlayer WWW" thumb="special://home/addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?mode=104&amp;url=url&amp;keyword=[%SF%]&amp;sf_options=fanart%3Dspecial%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%5Cplugin.video.iplayerwww%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>

This is then added to the favourites.xml file located in the folder called S that is in the Kodi user_data folder for Super Favourites.

Currently the iPlayer WWW hasn't got the necessary code in it but I have sent what is required to captainT, if he adds it to his addon I'll then push an update to SF to add it.

(Move up and down should work, have you got the latest version 1.0.41 from my repo?)

(2015-11-14, 20:06)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Also what i would like if it is possible is a LiveTV section of addons where i could search for a channel, say SkyF1 and have all the addons that have it come up.

I dont know if that is at all possible but worth a try.

Probably comes under piracy, so probably won't be happening.
(2015-11-14, 18:21)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-14, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ][One thing however: There are now posters/thumbs set as landscape. Imo this doesn't look great and the fanart would be a better fit (as it's the right aspect ratio).

Yes you have a point but at least now we can set a different image for the thumbs which could be in the correct aspect ratio. I'm assuming it will default back to the fanart if there isn't one defined in the .cfg file?

Spoyser I've just noticed it isn't actually working with panel square view?

I'll check out the panel view.

I have added some settings so that the banner, poster and landscape infolabels can now be set separately to either None, Fanart or Thumbnail