Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a heads up, there appears to be a dodgy version of Super Favourites doing the rounds under the name of something like cabletv, it is basically SF version 1.0.35 with the version bumped to 3.0.35 and the name (but not id) changed.

If you end up with it on your system I'd suggest removing it ASAP, and remove which ever repo stuck it on your machine without your knowledge (if you don't remove the repo it will keep updating to that version)!!

If you do end up with it I'd also suggest you bitch and moan to the low life who think it is okay to install stuff without your permission.

Tbh this is a glaring security risk, as people can just hijack other addons id allowing them to install anything on your machine and even run code without you even choosing to start an addon. All that is needed is for you to innocently install their repo!!

How difficult would it be to at least lock an addon down to a particular repo?

Makes you wonder doesn't it!!!!
Hi Spoyser!!! Excellent work and one of my favourite addon for kodi. Just a quick question for any super folder I open, I don't see the folder name, but I get Super Favourites. Like a super folder with name "News" shows me Super Favourites when I open the folder in the title. Is there a way to display the folder name rather then the addon name. By the way I am using amber skin on rpi 2 with openelec 6.

Update: The default Confluence skin shows me "Videos - Super Favourites"

Thanks.
(2015-12-12, 19:40)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up, there appears to be a dodgy version of Super Favourites doing the rounds under the name of something like cabletv, it is basically SF version 1.0.35 with the version bumped to 3.0.35 and the name (but not id) changed.

If you end up with it on your system I'd suggest removing it ASAP, and remove which ever repo stuck it on your machine without your knowledge (if you don't remove the repo it will keep updating to that version)!!

If you do end up with it I'd also suggest you bitch and moan to the low life who think it is okay to install stuff without your permission.

Tbh this is a glaring security risk, as people can just hijack other addons id allowing them to install anything on your machine and even run code without you even choosing to start an addon. All that is needed is for you to innocently install their repo!!

How difficult would it be to at least lock an addon down to a particular repo?

Makes you wonder doesn't it!!!!
not on! thanks for the warning I'll keep an eye on version numbers and that addon Smile
Amazing addon. Can't believe I have been using XBMC/Kodi since Eden and only just started using SuperFavourites.

So, I have set this up to have my 'Movies' on the homescreen open a SuperFavourites folder rather than directly to my movie library. Within this folder will be a link to my movie library along with a select few playlists / movie nodes.

To get the link to my movie library I manually edited the SuperFavourites file with a link to ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)

This does work, but it briefly flashes up the parent folder before going into Movies which looks a bit clunky. Then when I press back to return to homescreen it takes me back to the parent folder (even though I have the 'return' command in the code and have the setting turned off for parent folders).

Have I done something wrong? My skin is MQ6.
(2015-12-15, 14:16)flekz Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing addon. Can't believe I have been using XBMC/Kodi since Eden and only just started using SuperFavourites.

So, I have set this up to have my 'Movies' on the homescreen open a SuperFavourites folder rather than directly to my movie library. Within this folder will be a link to my movie library along with a select few playlists / movie nodes.

To get the link to my movie library I manually edited the SuperFavourites file with a link to ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)

This does work, but it briefly flashes up the parent folder before going into Movies which looks a bit clunky. Then when I press back to return to homescreen it takes me back to the parent folder (even though I have the 'return' command in the code and have the setting turned off for parent folders).

Have I done something wrong? My skin is MQ6.

Try replacing the window name, ie Videos with 10025
Very nice addon which became an essential!

I just received a NVIDIA Shield TV and I installed Kodi (15.2) from Google Play Store. Then I installed Super Favourites from the Kodi's repo and made sure it was updated to the last version. Super Favourites won't appear in the context menu. Actually, I tried global menu on & off, with style menu & dialog... Global menu won't appear neither does Super Favourites in the context menu. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen that issue and if there's a fix.

Thanks!
(2015-12-17, 00:04)Duval Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice addon which became an essential!

I just received a NVIDIA Shield TV and I installed Kodi (15.2) from Google Play Store. Then I installed Super Favourites from the Kodi's repo and made sure it was updated to the last version. Super Favourites won't appear in the context menu. Actually, I tried global menu on & off, with style menu & dialog... Global menu won't appear neither does Super Favourites in the context menu. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen that issue and if there's a fix.

Thanks!

Can you confirm what version number it is.

It sounds like a keymap issue tbh, does the unit have a non-standard remote?

Does the standard context menu appear and does it have a SF menu item in it?
(2015-12-17, 00:16)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-17, 00:04)Duval Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice addon which became an essential!

Thanks!

Can you confirm what version number it is.

It sounds like a keymap issue tbh, does the unit have a non-standard remote?

Does the standard context menu appear and does it have a SF menu item in it?

- Super Favourites version is 1.0.42
- Shield TV has it's own gamepad controller, but the problem appeared also with the "official" iOS remote app
- The standard context menu was appearing, but didn't have a SF menu item in it

I just tried again and it works now... No idea why it happened. I did restart Kodi and the whole unit before first posting here.

Thanks for your support!
great app thank you. now for the problem.

is super favourites 1.0.44 kodi 16 jarvis ready?
if not that explains the problems i am having.

if it is jarvis ready than it may be a aeon nox silvo or skin shortcuts issue.

http://xbmclogs.com/pw7aypnhb

thanks for your help and the super app!
Hello And thank you for this addon! I have been working with kodi now trying to make the best media center I can and this helps. But I would like to suggest one thing if possible.

The the super favorite addon each folder has a single document that lists all the favorites. Some addon has a built in "add to library" which is their personal favorite folder but when added it creates the folder (and sub folders for shows) and creates separate files for each title added. Then I am able to add the addon "library" to my video sources as movies or tv shows. But it only works for a few addons which I don't use. Could you allow super favorites to perform this feature as well?
Then I could add my "favorites" directly to my personal library.
Perhaps even make it so you can hide some folders. So I could have a tv show folder for actual favorites and a hidden folder for library tv show favorites which then could be added as a source. But as of right now the single file is not able to be read as video files.
(2015-12-20, 16:55)Bullfrogberry Wrote: [ -> ]Hello And thank you for this addon! I have been working with kodi now trying to make the best media center I can and this helps. But I would like to suggest one thing if possible.

The the super favorite addon each folder has a single document that lists all the favorites. A addon has a built in "add to library" which is their personal favorite folder but when added it creates the folder (and sub folders for shows) and creates separate files for each title added. Then I am able to add the "Library" to my video sourcessation as movies or tv shows. Could you allow super favorites to perform this feature as well?
Then I could add my "favorites" directly to my personal library.
Perhaps even make it so you can hide some folders. So I could have a tv show folder for actual favorites and a hidden folder for library tv show favorites which then could be added as a source. But as of right now the single file is not able to be read as video files.

Probably best edit your post to remove any mention of banned addons.

With regards your question, is there much point being able to add a favourite to your library? It would only work for movies and tv shows, and it would need to know where it is, in which case it would already be possible to add it to your library.
(2015-12-20, 16:51)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]great app thank you. now for the problem.

I believe so, what's the problem, can't tell from the log
(2015-12-20, 18:25)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-20, 16:51)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]great app thank you. now for the problem.

I believe so, what's the problem, can't tell from the log

#1 - if i add a subscription from youtube directly to super favourites i get an error when i try to launch from super favourites (error: exception in content provider - mapping path not found).

#2 - if i add a subscription from youtube to kodi favourites then add to super favourites it works some of the time, not all.

when i try to use a super favourites folder added to kodi favourites as a submenu it works if added as in #2.

when i try to use a super favourites folder added to kodi favourites as a widget it does not work at all.

one last point: prior to a failure the super favourites screen flashes up for an instant and then changes to the kodi root directory screen (they one that lists folders for movies. tv shows, files and playlists.)

hope this clear.
any ideas?

thanks for the reply and the help.
I have searched the thread and cannot find the exact answer. How do I make SF a network drive so all my pc's can access it? Thank you in advance.
(2015-12-20, 20:24)lowkee00 Wrote: [ -> ]I have searched the thread and cannot find the exact answer. How do I make SF a network drive so all my pc's can access it? Thank you in advance.

Make the network drive a source in kodi via file manager.

Then in the SF settings set the source to be the SF location.