Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the fast reply Spoyser and for the great addon.
I have found a bit of a work around for now in opening search' type favourites. i have made Kodi Favorites as the widget and linked afew tvshows at the top of my list. It only shows the 1st 7 yet thats not to bad i guess.
Just adding i noticed when adding the 7 tvshows to my kodi favourites (from within super favourties addon) i was promted with a msg "Would you like to disable cashing on this favourite? Particularly useful for 'search' type favourites" with options "yes" "no". if i select yes the tv show favourite will open showing all seasons, however if i select no i have the same issue as before (clicking the tv shows widget opens only the video addons folder).
Wondering if this is why linking the super favourites folder directly to a widget would cause it to open incorrectly. Any chance there is away to disable cashing of a favourite within super favourites to test this?
Thanks again For all your help Spoyser and for the great addon!
Very odd, now I'm herring script error when I click the new folder I added to the sub menu. It also asked if I wanted to disable caching on this favourite when I went to add it from sf to favourites. wasnt sure what to say so i said no.........

Just seen your issue munkay8 has yours started out of the blue? Mine has been perfect for ages but now it will only let me add an existing sf folder to it but not newly made ones so could the issue be with the 'new folder'?

Thanks again Spoyser
Sorry to message again but I'm really stuck.....

Anyone know why I can't add sf folder to kodi favourites. It looks like it adds it but i click it and it just goes to the sf main folder not the designated oneHuh??

Is there hidden cache anywhere that I can delete maybe?

Cheers
(2016-01-09, 21:02)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-08, 21:57)schaedel.max Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i've got another, more important question! When i am in a super favourites folder watching the Posters of my movies, there are some features missing! For example the rating of the movie is not Displayed and there is no button to play the trailer...

Can anybody tell me, how to fix this?

Super Favourites does not store metadata (it does allow a description to be set for each item, which for movies will auto populate with the plot)

Sorry , but I don't understand! I don't want to store metadata. I just want to have the same look in a Super Favourites folder, than in my normal library with all the information and the button to watch movie information and trailer...

That is the difference in the view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk02ljhisyod97...s.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k85x99iewqk4y1...w.jpg?dl=0

Is it not possible to make it identically?
(2016-01-12, 19:22)zolt Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to message again but I'm really stuck.....

Anyone know why I can't add sf folder to kodi favourites. It looks like it adds it but i click it and it just goes to the sf main folder not the designated oneHuh??

Is there hidden cache anywhere that I can delete maybe?

Cheers

Looks like a bug, I'll push a fix ASAP

Edit
Just pushed 1.0.45 in my repo

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

Hopefully this will fix the issue of adding to Kodi faves - can you confirm

Thanx
(2016-01-13, 10:10)schaedel.max Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-09, 21:02)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-08, 21:57)schaedel.max Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i've got another, more important question! When i am in a super favourites folder watching the Posters of my movies, there are some features missing! For example the rating of the movie is not Displayed and there is no button to play the trailer...

Can anybody tell me, how to fix this?

Super Favourites does not store metadata (it does allow a description to be set for each item, which for movies will auto populate with the plot)

Sorry , but I don't understand! I don't want to store metadata. I just want to have the same look in a Super Favourites folder, than in my normal library with all the information and the button to watch movie information and trailer...

That is the difference in the view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk02ljhisyod97...s.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k85x99iewqk4y1...w.jpg?dl=0

Is it not possible to make it identically?

The information comes from the metadata
Thanks Spoyser but I'm afraid no joy. The update was done but still having the same issue so must be corrupt my end Sad something must have changed to stop it using the correct path when adding it to kodi faves.

Any other ideas as I have loads of add ons with edited names etc so starting again world be a real pain but fair enough of that's the case....... cheers.
(2016-01-09, 21:04)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-08, 18:38)bromi88 Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway to move my kodi favourite's to super favourites in one go I have loads tv shows I would like sorting into groups do I have to do this one by one

The SF file format is exactly the same as the kodi format so you could copy the kodi favourites.xml file from the user_data folder into the SF folder.

Edit
Actually I'll add a feature to allow you to import the whole lot in one go, that would make things easier Smile

don't think I asked my question properly so wil try again sorry, I'm using an addon that has friends on it but its not in season order there just all in one folder all ten seasons I can filter them to show certain seasons but than how can I say select all and copy like ctrl+a but in kodi?
(2016-01-15, 02:26)zolt Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Spoyser but I'm afraid no joy. The update was done but still having the same issue so must be corrupt my end Sad something must have changed to stop it using the correct path when adding it to kodi faves.

Any other ideas as I have loads of add ons with edited names etc so starting again world be a real pain but fair enough of that's the case....... cheers.

Can you upload you Kodi favourites.xml file and I'll take a look, see if there is something amiss in it
(2016-01-15, 03:24)bromi88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-09, 21:04)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-08, 18:38)bromi88 Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway to move my kodi favourite's to super favourites in one go I have loads tv shows I would like sorting into groups do I have to do this one by one

The SF file format is exactly the same as the kodi format so you could copy the kodi favourites.xml file from the user_data folder into the SF folder.

Edit
Actually I'll add a feature to allow you to import the whole lot in one go, that would make things easier Smile

don't think I asked my question properly so wil try again sorry, I'm using an addon that has friends on it but its not in season order there just all in one folder all ten seasons I can filter them to show certain seasons but than how can I say select all and copy like ctrl+a but in kodi?

Ah, you can't in Kodi. You could edit the xml files themselves if you want, they are simple text files
(2016-01-15, 02:26)zolt Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Spoyser but I'm afraid no joy. The update was done but still having the same issue so must be corrupt my end Sad something must have changed to stop it using the correct path when adding it to kodi faves.

I replied to your email but in case you check this first:

It is a bug in SF, can you temporarily switch off the 'Label Favourites Numerically' setting and then add the folder.

That should work - I'll fix it properly in the next version.

Thanks for spotting it!
I have created a folder in super favorites filled with add ons, the problem is anytime i use one it will open the root folder (files,playlists,video add ons) first and then the add-on that i want. So i have to back out of it to get back to the folder. Is there any way to fix this and make it open the add ons directly?
(2016-01-18, 08:02)santos954 Wrote: [ -> ]I have created a folder in super favorites filled with add ons, the problem is anytime i use one it will open the root folder (files,playlists,video add ons) first and then the add-on that i want. So i have to back out of it to get back to the folder. Is there any way to fix this and make it open the add ons directly?

Launch SF from the video menu
Never really tried this. Once of twice but now i think i need it. Thanks alot.
(2016-01-18, 13:51)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-18, 08:02)santos954 Wrote: [ -> ]I have created a folder in super favorites filled with add ons, the problem is anytime i use one it will open the root folder (files,playlists,video add ons) first and then the add-on that i want. So i have to back out of it to get back to the folder. Is there any way to fix this and make it open the add ons directly?

Launch SF from the video menu

I am using It through the video menu, I still have the problem. it isn't every time, but pretty often. I also have a folder with searches from other add ons in there, and everytime i press one the menu opens behind the virtual keyboard and i have to back out of it later. Any ideas? Is there anything i can do in advanced settings to stop this globally?