Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac Mini 2010 - OSX 10.6.4 EXIT / REBOOT hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi , I just removed Maverick and went back to 10.6.4. Using FREDO 12.3

In XBMC on the main menu when I select EXIT or REBOOT it just hangs! Is there a fix for this or I need to do something in the setup?
Any particular reason you don't update to 10.6.8 ?

I doubt whether XBMC is tested against older versions of 10.6 than 10.6.8, given that 10.6.8 is years old now.

It would be like going back to Windows XP and not installing any of the service packs.

By the way I had some minor issues with Frodo 12.3 on Mac OS, I would suggest either Frodo 12.2 or Gotham Beta 4 which is very stable now and apart from not being compatible with all addons (yet) runs very well indeed.

As the final release of Gotham is mere weeks away if you're starting a fresh install I would recommend using that unless there is a specific addon you need that is not yet compatible. (Also update your OS to 10.6.8 with Software Update)
It is funny! I downgraded from Maverick to 10.6.4 (since I have the DVD for 10.6.4 - this was 2010 Mac Mni bought from ebay) because PVR Myth Cmyth plugin was not working properly! Now after downgrading I am unable to EXIT (XBMC issue) and the plugins is not working either (Plugin issue). I do have a another Mac Mini with Frodo 12.0 which works flawlessly! Another problem I have is that I have setup XBMC to autostart! And when XBMC comes up unable to EXIT! I cannot ssh because I have not setup the ssh in Mac Mini - I am not sure how to stop the autostart... The problem snow balls into a bigger problem :-)
Hold down shift when booting and auto run options will not be run.

Of course if you have a keyboard connected you can just command tab to the finder anyway, or press command option escape to bring up the force quit window...
Ok got it to FORCE QUIT!

Rebooted the Mac Mini 2010 OSX 10.6.4 and went into XBMC -> Appearance -> Video used windowed setting. This allowed me to access Mac Mini Dock -- right clicked on XBMC dock and select FORCE QUIT! Problem solved

This is a part of my posting under Myth Plugin Problems