Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: what is the web interface used for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys i have setup the webui on my xbmc but when i connect i just get a white page with remote, movies, tv shows, and music in the title, but no matter what i click on i just get a white screen, with remote, movies, tv shows, and music in the title..

I have also opened the specific port i am using and not sure where to go from here..
That is essentially what the webserver is for.... remote control of the XBMC deviceSmile
If you want remote access to your XBMC library, then use the upnp server instead.
If you're looking for the capability of playback of library media through browser interface - I suggest Plex Media Server. It runs nicely along side XBMC. If you want t use XBMC as an interface for playback from a Plex source, there is the PleXBMC add-on: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PleXBMC
hi and thanks for the feedback.. im not looking for a way to stream media via my browser, the tv is plenty lol.. I am just looking for a way to config xbmc remotely, so that way if i need to update addons or add new addons etc, to my parents xbmc, I could do it from home and not have to go to their house each time to do it.. Smile