Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with ListItem.Art(landscape)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could there be a bug in Artwork Downloader with ListItem.Art(landscape) in tv shows?

I'm using a variable to fall back to the fanart image when there's no landscape image available:

PHP Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(landscape))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)]</value>
<
value>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value

However the fanart is not displayed for shows that don't have a landscape image available.

In movies however, the fallback image is shown for movies without landscape image.

The wiki says $INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)] should be used for tv shows and seasons, and $INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.landscape)] at episode level, so I don't see what I could be doing wrong.

i tried explicitly stating:

PHP Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(landscape))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)]</value>
<
value condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(landscape))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value

But that doesn't make a difference.

Anyone can confirm?
Anyone?
Change it to -

PHP Code:
<
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value
what Hitcher said, the second condition isn't necessary because it will go to the second value if the first condition isn't met.
Thanks, but that won't work either unfortunately Sad I brought it down to just those two variables, but it just will not fall back to the fanart image when in tv shows. Even though it does in movies...

Same story for:

PHP Code:
<
value>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value

edit: Updated to today's nightly just to be sure, but the problem remains.
Have you tried replacing the listitem.art(fanart) one with something else that you know exists, e.g. a fixed image? That way you rule out whether the isempty() thing is at fault or not.
That's really odd because I use my code above and it works for me -

As you can everything but Fargo has a landscape image and so Fargo uses the fanart instead.
(2014-04-27, 12:33)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried replacing the listitem.art(fanart) one with something else that you know exists, e.g. a fixed image? That way you rule out whether the isempty() thing is at fault or not.

Tried it before with ListItem.Thumb, but I just did with a texture in /media I know for sure exists.

PHP Code:
<
value>black.png</value

result, nothing shows (the blue image is behind the other images, not a fallback):

removed the first condition:

(2014-04-27, 12:39)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]That's really odd because I use my code above and it works for me -

As you can everything but Fargo has a landscape image and so Fargo uses the fanart instead.
I'm at a loss really. It should work of course, and it does for me to in movies

Here's the view I'm using just in case I'm missing something (although I'm using the same variable in some other viewtypes too, with the same result):

http://pastebin.com/586BWd3G
Change a label to display $INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)] so we can see what's actually going on.
good idea, it seems the condition is correct:

Except...there is no landscape.jpg for that show (artwork downloader is set to local files):

I think I might have to clear artwork downloader's settings / db or something.
I bet if you look in your database you'll see the artwork has been assigned there (with that path).

select * from art join tvshow on art.media_id=tvshow.idShow where media_type="tvshow" and tvshow.c00 like "Orphan Black";
Yup, exactly like you said, I cleared the art for the shows with no landscape images now, and they all fall back correctly to the fanart image. Strange though, in any case not a skinning engine issue.

Cheers guys