Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Touchscreen Fullscreen OSD close
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still fairly new to XBMC and I've been fiddling around with the touchscreen.xml to get the touchscreen controls just the way I want them. I've gotten it to the point where everything is to my liking except for one minor thing.

Is there a way to close or dismiss the fullscreen osd (pause/play,fast forward,rewind,chapter skip) with just a single tap on the screen instead of pressing the X button on the top right corner. I know it's only a small thing but I just want to know if it's possible to do so. Thank you for your time.
Two-finger tap is what I use. Single tap can't be mapped to close the screen, but in theory someone could make a giant transparent button that is the size of the whole screen (minus the OSD area), that would basically do the same thing. I don't know enough about skinning to do this myself, but I haven't really looked into it.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I just figured out that I could dismiss it with two finger tap which is still better than using the X button on the top right. I'm using the Retouched skin right now so I'm gonna see if I can modify it in some way.