Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank screen (no input) when connecting through Stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue where when I connect my media center to my stereo I get a black screen on the TV. If I connect directly to the TV I get a signal in 1080p@60Hz

I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 6320 video card and I'm running OpenELEC. I've seen tutorials on extracting and EDID and creating a custom xorg.conf file to fix this issue. When I follow the tutorials they all are talking about Nvidia and I seem to get to some steps where I can't find the right thing in xorg.0.0.log (which is really xorg.0.log for me) like DFP. I'm connecting via HDMI and I have another xbmc running on raspberry pi that has no problems connecting through the stereo.

I'm looking for someone to help walk me through setting up a custom config so that I can get this to work through the stereo or for someone to tell me that this GPU is just crap and will not work reliably the way I want and I should stop wasting my time.

I'm running the latest OpenELEC 3.95.6 which has the xbmc gotham beta 6 in it. I've also tried XBMCbuntu with similar issues. I did install windows which had no problems working through the stereo so that I could extract my EDID.bin file that way. Windows just runs so much slower than the linux alternatives so I want to try to get them to work.

Thanks.