Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sempron 3850 for xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been searching on people's experiences with the Sempron 3850/AM1 CPUs for OpenELEC with XBMC; Couldn't find anything. Does anyone know how well these work with XBMC? Would it run 1080p video fluidly, etc? On newegg they have combo deals with motherboards for 70-75$, so I am considering this.. Or the NUC, not sure, as I want USB 3.0.. Does anyone have any experiences/knowledge of this cpu with XBMC?
They're brand new so not that many people have them. There are a few experiences here and people are having trouble getting things working correctly.

The NUC currently would have more support and features. I don't think AMD Drivers under Linux are as good as intel's either and that you miss certain pass-through features if I'm not mistaken?
(2014-04-26, 06:22)tential Wrote: [ -> ]They're brand new so not that many people have them. There are a few experiences here and people are having trouble getting things working correctly.

The NUC currently would have more support and features. I don't think AMD Drivers under Linux are as good as intel's either and that you miss certain pass-through features if I'm not mistaken?

How well does it work under windows with XBMC?
(2014-04-26, 07:14)dyslecix Wrote: [ -> ]How well does it work under windows with XBMC?

I'm not sure about the Sempron but I have a system made with the Athlon 5350 with Windows 7 on it and apart from one easily worked around bug with uncompressed bluray playback that I've mentioned in the AM1 thread XBMC works just great on it