Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media manager that can move/copy content to another drive/tree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have looked around a bit but have not found a media management utility that can do what I want.

What I'm looking for is a tool that can copy or move movies and TV shows based on metadata criteria such as genre, MPAA rating, and IMDB rating. I have all my media arranged in a single directory per movie/show structure and would like to see this structure maintained along with all the associated support files and any subdirectories (i.e. extrafanart). I would like to copy/move to another directory tree or drive.

This would help me extract a subset of my large collection (about 20TB, 3000 movies + 300 TV shows) into something more mobile for an extended 6+ month family trip away from home starting this summer. I will have about 9TB space available in a mobile configuration with Samsung tablets as media clients using XBMC and Plex. I'm want to grab all the educational content such as documentaries along with an assortment of good "entertainment". With what time I have before leaving I want to try to re-encode as much of the large 1080p and 720p content into something more appropriate for tablets to save space.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.